Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 09:51   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Well we shall find out tomorrow! only one day to go before 'something' happens , fingers crossed.

Hope they dont put Superman graphics on the car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Cannot be Jeep. Linea is clearly shown. Its got to be the Jet.

Man of Steel. Hmmm, suits FIAT cars.
Old 7th June 2013, 14:31   #602
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Fiat will re-launch Linea T jet petrol sedan in the Indian market on June 10th

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/06/f...-june-10-80536

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th June 2013 at 14:32.
Old 7th June 2013, 16:00   #603
h14
BHPian

From the info I gathered from a reliable source, the Linea T-Jet will be in Active, Dynamic and Emotion with Active priced at 9L ex-showroom. This seems to be a welcome move compared to previous role of TJet being offered only in Emotion. Lets wait and see for the official announcement.

Last edited by h14 : 7th June 2013 at 16:01.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 16:57   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
From the info I gathered from a reliable source, the Linea T-Jet will be in Active, Dynamic and Emotion with Active priced at 9L ex-showroom. This seems to be a welcome move compared to previous role of TJet being offered only in Emotion. Lets wait and see for the official announcement.
Active at 9 lakhs means the emotion will probably touch 11 or more on road. This will be yet another disaster similar to the cars first innings. I know it's a lovely car and worth the money but no one is going to put that kind of money in a FIAT in this day and age. Sad but true.

They really should concentrate on the sub 10 lakhs or maybe sub 5 lakhs end of the market.

On second thoughts, maybe this is what FIAT wants. Launch the t jet as technology showcase and make other manufacturers interested in their turbo charges petrol motor, hoping to sell those like the multijet engines.
Old 8th June 2013, 13:08   #605
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if posted here or not, but saw this on fb, just now. T-jet to come in 2 variants, dynamic and emotion and to come at a staggering price of 7.6l ex showroom, delhi.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130608_130635.png
Views: 1498
Size:  176.5 KB

Awesome pricing, now only thing they need to focus now, is marketing of the same

Source- a friend's fb wall

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 8th June 2013 at 13:15.
sameerg001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 13:15   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Don't know if posted here or not, but saw this on fb, just now. T-jet to come in 2 variants, dynamic and emotion and to come at a staggering price of 7.6l ex showroom, delhi.

Awesome pricing, now only thing they need to focus now, is marketing of the same

Cheers,
Sameer
OMG! 7.6 lakh ? That is some insane pricing from fiat. So they have decided to take the battle head on it seems. Now the only thing needed is good marketing and the T jet will do the rest for fiat.

EDIT : Couldn't find it in fb now. Could this be a slip up from fiat marketing exposing the price before T jet launch?

Last edited by drpudhi : 8th June 2013 at 13:21.
Old 8th June 2013, 13:20   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post

OMG! 7.6 lakh ? That is some insane pricing from fiat. So they have decided to take the battle head on it seems. Now the only thing needed is good marketing and the T jet will do the rest for fiat.
Indeed, that's a pleasant surprise from fiat. I just hope, now they spend some bucks in marketing, to get going.

With this awesome pricing, T-jet now makes a fantastic value for money proposition. Cheapest, turbo petrol in country, probably?

EDIT- @drpudhi I got this from my friends fb wall, not from fiat's official fb page.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 8th June 2013 at 13:27.
Old 8th June 2013, 13:30   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Indeed, that's a pleasant surprise from fiat. I just hope, now they spend some bucks in marketing, to get going.

With this awesome pricing, T-jet now makes a fantastic value for money proposition. Cheapest, turbo petrol in country, probably?

EDIT- @drpudhi I got this from my friends fb wall, not from fiat's official fb page.
Wait a minute! The 1.4 fire petrol dynamic is 8.2 lakh ex showroom right now. How come the T jet be cheaper than that. Something is just not right. Can you put up the source from where you got that. Is it Fiat India FB page? If so, its not present there right now.

EDIT : Can this be just an over enthusiastic fiat fan? Only two days. Will wait and watch!

Last edited by drpudhi : 8th June 2013 at 13:31.
Old 8th June 2013, 13:37   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wait a minute! The 1.4 fire petrol dynamic is 8.2 lakh ex showroom right now. How come the T jet be cheaper than that. Something is just not right. Can you put up the source from where you got that. Is it Fiat India FB page? If so, its not present there right now.

EDIT : Can this be just an over enthusiastic fiat fan? Only two days. Will wait and watch!
I am pretty much sure about this info and pictures as they were clicked at fiat caffe in CP, Delhi. See this, if you want to be sure.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiat.jpg

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 13:38   #610
Senior - BHPian

Will need to wait for the launch to get a confirmation on the Active variant , ever since they have had the T-Jet on their website (since April) they have only had 2 models listed - prices ofcourse are not present there - but only 2 models which is the Dynamic and the Emotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Old 8th June 2013, 13:50   #611
BHPian

Quote:

Holy Cow You guys have got me all excited. This price can't be entirely impossible as well.
What if FIAT is planning to launch an Active variant of T-Jet as well and 7.6L can very well be its price
floyd.bell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 13:56   #612
Senior - BHPian

Just confirmed the pricing through a call as well. Starts at 7.6. The person was not sure if it was the Active or the dynamic variant , he is going to get back to me with all the details.
Old 8th June 2013, 14:02   #613
BHPian

7.6 lakh is absolutely awesome pricing for such an awesome car!
All Fiat needs to do is market it well and improve their service centers and this will sell like hot cakes in my opinion!
Old 8th June 2013, 14:15   #614
Senior - BHPian

The Normal active is 7.12 and the Fire dynamic is 8.12. Starting at 7.60 means in all possibility that it is an Active level trim of the T-Jet. and all variants would be about 40-60,000 more expensive than the fire.

So that would logically out the ex-showroom of the tjet Dynamic at 8.60-8.60 and the Emotion possibly/hopefully at 9-9.20 Lacs. Since there is no Emotion variant for the 1.4 fire its a bit difficult to predict.

However if one goes historically which is that the Tjet Emotion was more expensive than the Diesel emotion , then the Tjet Emotion could carry an ex showroom price tag upwards of 9.60 Lacs.

Ofcourse , conjecture still at the end of the day.

Quote:

Old 8th June 2013, 14:18   #615
Senior - BHPian

^^So, I stand corrected. So, who all are going to buy one now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks