Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2013, 08:41   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Choice of Color is entirely subjective. While you welcome this, I am sad because of this move. BNW is one of the best White shade available in the market and also Fiat owners favorite. How? BNW is rated first among the color choice in a Fiat Forum.

Oh Yes. What is more shocking than Fiat discontinuing this color is that you rated this inferior to that of City/Verna.
Completely agree on this. BNW color is very popular, no wonder you can see high number in productions plan roasters for this color.

Whats shocks me, how can a color too be said to be inferior to other brands. . What matters is the color selling or not. IMO the white from Honda/VW/Hyundai is nothing but a taxi color almost very similar to indicas.
Old 5th May 2013, 08:45   #542
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Summary of changes in 2013 Linea

-GC of active and dynamic variants stand at 185 mm and emotion variants at 190 mm
While this GC upgrade is going to "fix" some of the GC issues, I am quite sure it is going to affect the handling of the car and how it behaves. I just hope this is not going to dampen the T-Jet experience.
Old 5th May 2013, 09:56   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Choice of Color is entirely subjective. While you welcome this, I am sad because of this move. BNW is one of the best White shade available in the market and also Fiat owners favorite. How? BNW is rated first among the color choice in a Fiat Forum.

Oh Yes. What is more shocking than Fiat discontinuing this color is that you rated this inferior to that of City/Verna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Completely agree on this. BNW color is very popular, no wonder you can see high number in productions plan roasters for this color.

Whats shocks me, how can a color too be said to be inferior to other brands. . What matters is the color selling or not. IMO the white from Honda/VW/Hyundai is nothing but a taxi color almost very similar to indicas.

Guys cool down. As Nanda said color choice is subjective thats why I posted hearing that Fiat has done with this color. In Punjab most common color of cars is white but you will hardly see any Fiat car with white color. So may be in this part of world we do not like this BNW color. In comparison Fiat in other colors are common here. After tired of maintaining black car I wanted to buy White Linea but it never appealed to whole family and we ended with OB Linea which again is a pain in the back to maintain.

BTW I meant inferior looking color not inferior color and i would like to repeat what I said earlier it because I never liked white Linea.

Also this BNW color looked more similar to white color which taxis like Indica and Indigo are coated with which again is my opinion regarding this color.
Old 5th May 2013, 16:00   #544
BHPian

+1. Totally agree with you, Ramesh. I am glad I bought BNW Linea T-Jet + at the right time. I find BNW in no way inferior to City/Verna. Toyota Corolla Altis white colour could be a little better though.
Old 5th May 2013, 21:51   #545
BHPian

Absolutely agree with you folks. Bossa Nova White looks absolutely smashing on Punto/Linea. I can co-relate this colour to the shade of white on Mercs. Sad to know FIAT has discontinued this colour. My next preferred choice of colour for Linea would be Hip Hop Black
Old 6th May 2013, 14:55   #546
BHPian

I had been to Aadya Motors Fiat Showroom on Bellary Road today to check out the 2013 cars for my dad. He is selling his Linea 1.4 Emotion PK of 2009 and we thought of picking up the 2013 model. He finally decided to go with a smaller car, considering he feels more comfortable moving to a smaller car for his self drive, vis-a-vis the large Linea he drove for last 4 years. So his next car would be the Vocal White Punto 1.4 and i am kicked about it. I seriously fail to understand every time i check out this car as to how can it not sell ?

The biggest surprise was the pricelist given by the sales folks had the Tjet pricing printed on it as well, although she had no clue what the features are going to be :(

Going by the prices, it looks like its going to dampen the spirits of a lot of folks who are waiting for the car (including myself). Check this out.

1. Tjet

Ex Showroom Blr - Rs 11.47L / On road - Rs 14.20 L

2. Tjet +

Ex Showroom Blr - Rs 12.14 / On road - Rs 15.01 L

Either Fiat has gone bonkers or they are coming out with something so good that the customer would go bonkers ! I hope to god it is the latter. However, the comparison brochure puts the Tjet on par with the Linea Emotion Diesel

Anyone else has picked up anything else ? The sales lady first says tjet launch is about 4 months away. Then i point out to the pricelist and brochure and ask her to explain and she says Tjet is launched, but not yet sure and Tjet + is sometime away !!

Cheers
vinay

Last edited by vinay_ss : 6th May 2013 at 14:57. Reason: Added one more line in the first para
Old 6th May 2013, 15:00   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
Going by the prices, it looks like its going to dampen the spirits of a lot of folks who are waiting for the car (including myself). Check this out.

1. Tjet

Ex Showroom Blr - Rs 11.47L / On road - Rs 14.20 L

2. Tjet +

Ex Showroom Blr - Rs 12.14 / On road - Rs 15.01 L

Cheers
vinay
As far as I am aware of Tjet pricing is not out. Mr. Nithin Swamy (territory sales manager for Karnataka) confirmed this. Mind you anything is possible with Aadya motors.

If by any chance the prices you quoted is the official pricing. Fiat will not be even able to manage a single digit sales number at such prices unless they are bringing Multi air.
Old 6th May 2013, 15:11   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
As far as I am aware of Tjet pricing is not out. Mr. Nithin Swamy (territory sales manager for Karnataka) confirmed this. Mind you anything is possible with Aadya motors.

If by any chance the prices you quoted is the official pricing. Fiat will not be even able to manage a single digit sales number at such prices unless they are bringing Multi air.
I picked up the price from the printed pricelist they gave me. Which is why i was shell shocked. It was not a oral price given to me. There is an entire break up of exshowroom, insurance, road tax etc adding upto the onroad price. The vehicle type was listed separately under the Tjet section (like separate sections for Punto, Linea and then Tjet). I told my dad that either they have something big up the sleeve or this is absolutely ridiculous. The puzzle got even more complicated with them slotting Tjet in the same columnar brochure with Linea Emotion diesel.

I have a printed copy with me, just that i am not right now able to take a picture and post.
Old 6th May 2013, 15:21   #549
BHPian

This is completely hideous pricing and I am absolutely not buying into this (I mean the news of pricing and not the car )
The first place that should be updated with price details should be the FIAT India website and I don't see any updates there.
If the ex-showroom mentioned above had been the final on-road price, we could have still believed this news although it would still had been on the higher side.
Old 6th May 2013, 15:23   #550
Senior - BHPian

Wow! if that is the actual pricing then its going to be quite an expensive piece of machinery , i was hoping for the top end Tjet + to fall between 10-11 Lacs on road , which is basically a under 10 lacs ex showroom starting point
Old 6th May 2013, 16:27   #551
BHPian

Are we talking about an Abarth version here with a minimum of 150hp on tap.. To me even that at 15L OTR is not right; may be 180hp version.. justifies the price. 114ps at 15L is a sureshot recipe for disaster.
Old 6th May 2013, 16:29   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Are we talking about an Abarth version here with a minimum of 150hp on tap.. To me even that at 15L OTR is not right; may be 180hp version.. justifies the price. 114ps at 15L is a sureshot recipe for disaster.
Nope. I dont think this will have the Multiair engine since the brouchure says the 114 PS output. The Mulitair might come in with the new generation Linea.

As you said if the pricing is anywhere near what is written here, a sureshot recipe for disaster in sales. Not that it already is.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 16:38   #553
Senior - BHPian

I am in a fix. Earlier in this thread we discussed about T-jet launching in Dynamic and Emotion variant and now suddenly where the T-Jet and T-Jet + variants come from. Even in Fiat's website it is mentioned as Dynamic and Emotion

I think they simply added the price of previous T-Jets to the price list.

Last edited by myavu : 6th May 2013 at 16:43.
Old 7th May 2013, 00:05   #554
Senior - BHPian

Abarth Punto

Each time I visit this thread I am extremely excited to get an update of the Abarth version but all in vain. Then there is the Ecosport thread which is updated almost every hour and irrespective whether that car is going to be a hit or a miss, it has managed to be a hot topic for discussion due to its presence at various places.

There are so many doubts in my head about the Abarth Punto to be launched but there is no scoop, no concrete insider info, absolutely nothing about that car. Why this discrimination??

All I want to know is the expected price range, power output, launch date and the most important point - 2 door/ 4 door. If someone can clarify these cause going by international markets, the Abarth Punto is sold as a 2 door but I'm not too sure whether that is practical enough for India and definitely not for me then.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 09:59   #555
BHPian

I don't expect the T-Jet+/Emotion pricing to be anything more than 9.55 ex-showroom Bangalore. I mean that is the MAXIMUM. That will bring the on-road price to something like 11.75 or so. Which is approx the same as Honda City V MT with AVN, but not sunroof. Even at that price, it is likely to lose out.

As per the brochure, Emotion certainly doesn't get any special feature compared to a Linea Emotion Diesel. So the pricing must be nonsense, and the showroom sales lady's ignorance on T-Jet launch confirm that.

If it's not, then Fiat is banking too much on our emotions!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks