Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 14:03   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Fiat Teases – “Feel The Ultimate Rush: 1 Day to Go”;in its official facebook page.
Is It The Refreshed Punto Sport 90HP?

Quote:
If this goes true, refreshed Punto Sport is expected to get some minor cosmetic changes. These changes may include a wee bit of refreshments to the front, interiors and the rear. It is also being rumored that among other bits, new Punto Sport may come with contrasting colored roofs for the red and white variants. It may also get roof-rails atop, which only after we having a look, can tell how will they look
http://motorbash.com/fiat-teases-fee...to-sport-90hp/
Old 14th August 2013, 14:22   #752
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

It was actually posted yesterday late evening. That means, the launch should be today.

Punto Sport is expected with more cosmetic upgrades, such as roof rails, contrasting roof colour (like ORVMS in earlier Punto Sport) or just black irrespective of the car colour.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 3464
Size:  303.9 KB

Funny, I don't think any car with Fiat badge can reach 230 KMPH!

Last edited by rohanjf : 14th August 2013 at 14:30.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 15:26   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Funny, I don't think any car with Fiat badge can reach 230 KMPH!
The Punto Abarth comes close.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 17:27   #754
Distinguished - BHPian

Image courtesy: Facebook page of teamfiatmotoclub
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/teamfiatmotoclub/

Punto sport relaunch-as fiat's facebook page says "Feel the ultimate rush"

Fiat's India strategy revealed-ps1.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-ps2.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-ps3.jpg

Points to note:
Red (Contrast) caps
Black (Contrast) roof
New graphics
Spoiler

Moderators, please remove this post if it is against the forum rules
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 17:35   #755
Senior - BHPian

This is certainly on the lines "All new ***" TATA or Maruti launch
Old 14th August 2013, 17:43   #756
Senior - BHPian

Well, not much of a launch. But as of now, I am happy that they are staying on the ball and trying something to keep the momentum of sales of the past few months up. I hope the Linea and Punto manage to sell at least aboue a 1000-1200 units a month for now.

The launch at least shows some activity from the management, which has generally been very lax.
Old 14th August 2013, 17:48   #757
BHPian

How many times is Fiat going to launch the same car? First it came as the Punto 90. Then relaunched as the Punto Sport. Now re-relaunched as the Punto Sport (again) with some cosmetic changes here and there.
amitg79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 17:49   #758
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Image courtesy: Facebook page of teamfiatmotoclub
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/teamfiatmotoclub/

Punto sport relaunch-as fiat's facebook page says "Feel the ultimate rush"

Points to note:
Red (Contrast) caps
Black (Contrast) roof
New graphics
Spoiler

Moderators, please remove this post if it is against the forum rules
Any idea if the roof is painted/ stickered? The finish seems dull, in the pics.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 17:51   #759
BHPian

Now I see why I saw the Fiat showroom open yesterday even at 9 pm. I saw their team members with a white punto with black roof as if getting it ready for delivery the next day. Thought it was being custom made for a customer.
Old 14th August 2013, 17:56   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
How many times is Fiat going to launch the same car? First it came as the Punto 90. Then relaunched as the Punto Sport. Now re-relaunched as the Punto Sport (again) with some cosmetic changes here and there.
I think they have been inspired by their previous partner TATA on this regard. But somehow Fiats making some news after long time.

Last edited by Arkesh : 14th August 2013 at 17:58.
Old 14th August 2013, 18:36   #761
Senior - BHPian

I do not think this is any limited edition like the ones from Maruti, Hyundai & off late from VAG.

This is the next gen MJD VGT motor generating 93 PS power @ 4000 rpm (same as Linea IMO). The old Punto VGT diesel generated 90/91 PS, which was little lower than the Linea. Their Fiat MJD VGT generates upto 104/105 PS power, for cars coming out factory. I hope they launch this engine in India soon.
Old 14th August 2013, 19:09   #762
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I do not think this is any limited edition like the ones from Maruti, Hyundai & off late from VAG.

This is the next gen MJD VGT motor generating 93 PS power @ 4000 rpm (same as Linea IMO). The old Punto VGT diesel generated 90/91 PS, which was little lower than the Linea. Their Fiat MJD VGT generates upto 104/105 PS power, for cars coming out factory. I hope they launch this engine in India soon.
Am I the only one confused?

Its not another generation motor or anything. Just a small retuning. 2PS does not make any difference on the road.

Fiat MJD VGT? From the power figure of 105 PS, I assume you are taking about the 1.6 Multijet. If so- it is coming in the 2014 Linea.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 20:05   #763
Senior - BHPian

This cannot be the next generation MJD, that is, Multijet 2. If Fiat were to launch Multijet 2, they would have advertised it enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Fiat MJD VGT? From the power figure of 105 PS, I assume you are taking about the 1.6 Multijet. If so- it is coming in the 2014 Linea.
There indeed was 1.3 MJD with 105 PS output, sold with previous generation Lancia Ypsilon. This engine is no longer available with the current Ypsilon.

Last edited by rohanjf : 14th August 2013 at 20:11.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 20:34   #764
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
sorry I seem to be missing out on something here. There is nothing different about the MultiJet engine on the Punto Sport I bought, compared to what is offered now. Here's a screenshot of the catalogue that was given during my purchase - note the same 93PS even on the 2012 Punto Sport / E90.
Fiat's India strategy revealed-untitled.jpg

What is Punto MJD VGT and what is Fiat MJD VGT?? Linea uses the exact same state of tune as the E90 / Sport as far as I know.

By the way, 90HP translates to 93PS. Maybe using these HP/PS units interchangeably is the cause for confusion here?? I doubt Fiat will meddle with power tuning now when the new launch is scheduled for 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
+100, hilarious stuff. In between, the Sport was done away with (2013 beginning) and it was simply called 90HP

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th August 2013 at 20:47.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 09:44   #765
BHPian

Great to see finally Fiat is coming back to Indian market. But survival of premium hatches will be very difficult in Indian market (attracting volume). Because there are many compact sedans available in this price bracket. Now waiting to see the Jeep range in our market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks