Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2014, 01:09   #916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
No points for actual performance tunes? Only sticker jobs and wacky spoilers and tow hooks? :(
I don't think points for performance mods will be awarded by any manufacturer. It basically brings some kind of legitimacy to the mods, a kind of manufacturer approval to changes done outside A.S.S network. Warranty claims for modded cars may then follow.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 07:51   #917
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Fiat India have launched a contest on facebook.
This is as lame as it gets. The level of effort some folks have made to customize their Fiat's, without any support of Fiat India, the minimum they deserve is an all expenses paid trip to Fiat's home turf and not to some auto expo.
Old 7th January 2014, 08:54   #918
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
This is as lame as it gets. The level of effort some folks have made to customize their Fiat's, without any support of Fiat India, the minimum they deserve is an all expenses paid trip to Fiat's home turf and not to some auto expo.
I don't feel its that bad. Afterall - there are tons of modified Swifts and Polo's etc out there too, but are they getting auto expo tickets? Dont think so. And its not just a local expo - its the biggest automotive event in the country for the next 2 years.

Atleast they are focussing a bit towards enthusiasts! A small but welcome step.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th January 2014 at 08:55.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 10:04   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
there are tons of modified Swifts and Polo's etc out there too, but are they getting auto expo tickets?
Atleast they are focussing a bit towards enthusiasts!
You are correct. VW, Suzuki and who ever else are not offering any free auto expo ticket or something similar. I am not comparing Fiat to other manufacturers. If you want to make your customer feel more special about owning the car they do, Fiat as a company can do much more.

To me, getting an Auto Expo ticket on the house isn't a big deal. Like I said, every Fiat owner out there who customised his/her ride, some have gone to great extents to make their cars look stunning and show their true love for the brand. Some have cloned their cars so close to models that do not sell here. I feel they deserve much more.

On the subject of focussing a bit towards the enthusiast, the T Jet launch did show some light at the end of the tunnel. That light seems to have fused a long long time ago. A **ssy 90hp Sports, once again, to me, is not really enthusiast grade in any sense of it.
Old 7th January 2014, 10:13   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To me, getting an Auto Expo ticket on the house isn't a big deal. Like I said, every Fiat owner out there who customised his/her ride, some have gone to great extents to make their cars look stunning and show their true love for the brand. Some have cloned their cars so close to models that do not sell here. I feel they deserve much more.
It is not just an Auto Expo ticket. The winner gets to showcase her/his car at the Auto Expo, and the car will stand between facelifted Linea, Abarth Punto and those Jeep models! In all likelyhood, the winner will also get to stand next to her/his car and explain the modifications. Imagine what kind of business the winner can do, if she/he is into professioonoal modifications!

Although it is not mentioned, I guess it is evident that Fiat will bear the complete cost of the trip for the winner: flight tickets and 5 star hotel accomodation as well as transport charges of taking the car to the Expo and back.
rohanjf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 11:01   #921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Although it is not mentioned, I guess it is evident that Fiat will bear the complete cost of the trip for the winner:
It is mentioned..."all expense paid trip"

Also upon close observation of the poster I found that they have used the Twitter symbol but the participation steps asks participants to upload pictures on Facebook
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 13:28   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
every Fiat owner out there who customised his/her ride, some have gone to great extents to make their cars look stunning and show their true love for the brand. Some have cloned their cars so close to models that do not sell here. I feel they deserve much more.
Going by these words, one car that comes to my mind immediately is Karthikk's Abarthed Punto. That car deserves a spot at the expo along with other cars to provide an inspiration to all Fiat car buyers that the what a Fiat lover can do for his car. Even Fiat can learn a thing or two when launching newer cars. He wouldnt mind going all way long to the Expo if its all expenses paid trip. What say Karthik?
Old 7th January 2014, 15:24   #923
BHPian

Probably Fiat is keeping an eye on Karthik's car and want to showcase it in the Auto Expo as the Abarth version
Old 7th January 2014, 16:49   #924
Senior - BHPian

Very disappointed to know of the contest. The merchandise/decals that Fiat offer is hardly to be found in either the showroom or the service centers. I tried to get the roof rails for a friends Punto and gave up. Now, they have a contest? What exactly are they looking for? After market mods or mods made using Fiat stuff?

On another note, have the run out of ideas for a face lift ? :d
Old 8th January 2014, 18:12   #925
Distinguished - BHPian

Another of the crossovers after the VW Polo's and Fabia Scout and Etios Cross.

Fiat Punto Adventure crossover spied , India launch by mid-2014.

Quote:
The vehicle not just have cladding, but it gets an entirely new rear bumper and a rear wheel mounted on the boot. However, the bumper gets the same tail lamp cluster. Looking closely at the spare wheel, you will get to know that it features the "Adventure" badge and a handle for better grip
Quote:
Slated to be launched sometime by mid-2014, the Punto Adventure will be powered by the same 1.3-litre multijet engine that churns out a maximum power output of 90bhp and 200Nm of top torque. It will also get the 1.4-litre FIRE petrol engine.
Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatpuntoadventure01.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatpuntoadventure02.jpg

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...2014-12049.htm
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 19:00   #926
Senior - BHPian

What in the name of god is that??

Why do we have to get such ugly contraptions? Instead getting the T-Jet into the Punto, they do this! Get the multi-air, get the Abarth, maybe even the Panda. And for god's sake, keep this out of India.

Last edited by asr245 : 8th January 2014 at 19:08.
asr245 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 19:33   #927
M35
BHPian

This Italian source says, the crossover with the rear mounted spare is for the Indian market. Fiat seems to have done some serious market research in the compact SUV arena in India, off late.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 20:25   #928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
What in the name of god is that??

Why do we have to get such ugly contraptions? Instead getting the T-Jet into the Punto, they do this! Get the multi-air, get the Abarth, maybe even the Panda. And for god's sake, keep this out of India.
Echoing the same thoughts. Why on earth does Fiat want to do this. This even cant be called as half hearted attempt. How will Punto be considered as even as urban SUV like ecosport with just putting the spare wheel at the back.

I guess this one will have monopoly because no such segments exists atleast in India
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 20:50   #929
BHPian

I would rather buy Adventure (Palio based) in used market quite cheap. When it becomes unserviceable, will just throw off the cliff or convert it into buggy and use it in farm.
Fiat seems to ran out of ideas, or just don't want to invest in new product presently.
HydroFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 10:01   #930
Distinguished - BHPian

As a small boy my favourite fairy tale was the "Ugly Duckling" where an ugly duckling matures into a beautiful Swan.
This is exactly the opposite, A beautiful car is turned ugly

If they want to borrow ideas from other OEMs, it should be successful ideas. Why do they borrow such unsuccessful(atleast in India) cross variant ideas!?
Rather than doing this, an Ertiga like UV based on linea would have been much much better IMO.

As an individual part, I liked the bumper design though. Initially I thought that atleast I could buy this bumper and get it painted in body colour and fix it to my car...just the bumper.
But on careful observation I saw that there is a hinge attached to the spare wheel and that hinge passes through the bumper.
Later I saw that there is also a handle provided on the spare wheel cover.
So effectively, to open the Boot, we have to first swing open the spare wheel and then open to boot door!!! It can get so irritating!

So its ugly and its impractical...I wonder who does market surveys in Fiat. I just hope they drop this idea right now and work on other ideas (as mentioned by asr245) like multi-air engine, Tjet Punto, Panda etc...
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks