Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2015, 17:57   #2146
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat is planning and planning like no other. Even the corrupt government is much faster to plan and execute than Fiat.

The same news is doing rounds from last year. Not sure for how long it will keep doing rounds.

Sorry about ranting.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 18:34   #2147
BHPian

re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Yes, unfortunately true. I've seen 3 Avventura cars so far in Bangalore. One of it belongs to my colleague.

And I've already seen 4 Hyundai i20 Active cars on the road.

Does Fiat care?
Looks like there's someone in FIAT's design team who didn't want FIAT to succeed in India They must have suggested plonking the 90hp tune 1.3MJD on the Avventura and especially the spare wheel gizmo. People might mistake the opening of the hatch to dismantling the boot door.

Imagine if they've kept mum after launching the Evo and exploded with a campaign announcing that it's going to be an Avventura with a T-Jet.
Old 18th May 2015, 19:43   #2148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Fiat is planning and planning like no other. Even the corrupt government is much faster to plan and execute than Fiat.

The same news is doing rounds from last year. Not sure for how long it will keep doing rounds.

Sorry about ranting.
I second this, FIAT India showcases a good lineup, conducts market studies, brings a test vehicle and then announces a new deal in selling more engines to Maruti, TATA and GM and posts profits on engine sales, They go all silent on new launches.
Old 19th May 2015, 12:35   #2149
Senior - BHPian

This is my eighth year of owning a FIAT car and the eighth year of analysing why it is a failure. Sometimes, I wonder how this manufacturer is still around, but when I compare my spare parts bills to a Maruti owner's, I realise why.

I have a few thoughts on this. With a lakh-and-a-half kilometers under my belt and having paid Rs 15,00,000/- to Fiat one way or the other in the last eighth, I think:

1. Is having volumes everything? Assuming FIAT has 1% market share which it manages to improve to 3-4%. Is it not possible to sustain at that 3% as long as it is a steady 3%. Is there a market study or a conclusive study that says that a car manufacturer that sells less than 3% of the total market share WILL definitely go bankrupt? I have been seeing "FIAT should leave the Indian market comments since 2008". Nobody has left (Thank God for owners like me, though!).

2. Low volumes affect everything. I understand. But can a consistent low volume help a company survive? High volumes means high profitability but also higher risks, higher installed capacity which is difficult to maintain in case of a slowdown.

3. For all its troubles, FIAT needs to work on its weak areas first. Number one being reliability and parts quality. Second being network. Third being sales. It is the first two that come first.

4. Many Fiat owners are looking for their second / third cars. Even a retention customer means a sale. For that they need to do two things: convince existing customer that new cars are better than the old ones in quality and also provide at least one level of upgrade (say a Bravo for a Linea / Petra customer). After driving a 75 HP MJD (which had to be overhauled at 1.45 lakh km!) I don't know if I would like to drive another turbo-lag filled 90 HP MJD from Fiat for another ten years. The reliability argument also comes here. As I grow older I don't want to spend every other Sunday at the A.S.C. with my car. Every Fiat owner also needs to earn his livelihood and has to have a work / life balance. Enter the last argument...

5. When will we get an A.S.C. that is at least at par with Maruti? Why can't they diagnose and fix things thoroughly in one go? I have had three repeat visits for an engine overhaul and other works which cost me Rs 1.45 lakhs! A customer whose car has stood in the A.S.C. for 16 days and has that sort of a bill, expects that the work done does not require repeat visits. And no, the problem is STILL not solved, though it is something very minor. And this is arguably the best Fiat A.S.C. in North India. And no, customer service follow-up doesn't help as it means I have to give the car back in for another day. I would rather DIY because its a very minor issue. But do you feel like doing a DIY after paying 1.5 lakhs?

If you don't retain the existing customers, you don't get new ones. If you retain the existing customers loyally, you multiply your sales at least 1.5 times.
architect is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 13:04   #2150
BHPian

This is how Fiat India's website looks today :
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-abarth.png  

anoop_lamba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 13:21   #2151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_lamba View Post
This is how Fiat India's website looks today :
Nice to know that. But I should remind myself and others how long days Fiat India site had "Avventura - coming soon" page before the product being launched!
Old 19th May 2015, 20:39   #2152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Nice to know that. But I should remind myself and others how long days Fiat India site had "Avventura - coming soon" page before the product being launched!
and quite surprisingly there's some activity on twitter as well. This is "quite fast" by FIAT's standards
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiat_500_abarth.jpg  

Old 19th May 2015, 20:50   #2153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
and quite surprisingly there's some activity on twitter as well. This is "quite fast" by FIAT's standards
Yes very fast... even by FIAT standards.
Also this will be the first race track in the world with potholes

Hope it sells one unit a month at least.
I'm not exaggerating, but I feel that it will not sell more.
There are more people who are only eager (includes me) than those who will actually buy.

This topic has been so beaten to death, that now I don't even get a yawn.

All I can say is "all the best FIAT"
Old 20th May 2015, 00:09   #2154
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat is planning to set up separate Jeep-exclusive dealerships in India and has contacted it's existing Fiat dealerships for the same.

Those interested would be required to set up new and separate showrooms, where they will be supplied with the Grand Cherokee & the Wrangler brands immediately. Sales would commence by 2016 onwards.

Quote:
In the first car, Jeep will have an annual sales target of about 400 units. Jeep will be looking at capitalize on the Indian SUV market with an all-new product that will be designed and developed in Jeep’s main R&D centre and it will have a global unveil in India by the end of 2016 or early 2017. This will be priced between INR 15-22 lakhs, and this will be the new SUV from Jeep that will be Made in India. The Jeep brand will be manufacturing this SUV in Ranjangaon and this will be powered by a 2.0-litre multijet engine.
SOURCE
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 11:15   #2155
Senior - BHPian

Finally ..... FINALLY !! cant wait.

IF priced well...I would buy this firecracker with the blink of an eye. nuf said.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 20th May 2015 at 11:17.
Old 20th May 2015, 11:42   #2156
Senior - BHPian

Fiat! They suddenly make a lot of noise for sometime and then go quiet for months together!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th May 2015 at 15:40. Reason: Please avoid references to politics on discussions onboard.
Old 20th May 2015, 11:50   #2157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Finally ..... FINALLY !! cant wait.

IF priced well...I would buy this firecracker with the blink of an eye. nuf said.
Never knew you were looking out for an 500

I believe it should be launched around 27-30L (ex-showroom).

What price are you expecting to be sweet for you to buy with the blink of an eye ?

Last edited by karan561 : 20th May 2015 at 11:53.
Old 20th May 2015, 11:59   #2158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Never knew you were looking out for an 500

I believe it should be launched around 27-30L (ex-showroom).

What price are you expecting to be sweet for you to buy with the blink of an eye ?
Iv been waiting for Abarth's entry for as long as i can remember but given Fiat's ways in our country one never knew. Its one of the best handling (go-kart) cars out there and a delicious proposition with that power.

I hope for it to be priced between 23-25 though i do know its too much to expect. Lets see.
Old 20th May 2015, 15:36   #2159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Iv been waiting for Abarth's entry for as long as i can remember but given Fiat's ways in our country one never knew. Its one of the best handling (go-kart) cars out there and a delicious proposition with that power.

I hope for it to be priced between 23-25 though i do know its too much to expect. Lets see.
I shall pray to the car Gods on your behalf that they make Fiat price the car in 23-25L range

But if not please do not cancel your buy decisions for a mere 3-4L overpricing, looking forward
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:39   #2160
BHPian

Fiat Aegea has been showcased in Turkey. Looks absolutely smashing
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiat_aegea1.jpg  

thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks