Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2013, 21:50   #16
BHPian

re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

Now I know why there were no Wagon R Vxi's available during the last 2 weeks of December last year. I tried probing about a new version or face lift but the sales guys refused to let on. Even the boss of the agency would not let on. All this secrecy for a facelift!!!
Anyway, will have to go for the face lifted version now as no old stock of Vxi left anywhere,

I was hoping against hope that they would launch the Wagon R Diesel but no such luck.

Cheers and a happy New Year to all.

Regards,

SS
Old 3rd January 2013, 01:20   #17
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 4th January 2013 at 10:33.
CRtorquefan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd January 2013, 10:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Why couldn't they just bring in the Japanese Wagon R? That one would have atleast looked like a proper facelift. I mean with these subtle hints, Maruti isn't upping the game at all. Whereas others, Hyundai i20 for example, their facelift (well, atleast the front end) is very distinct and "european-ish" than the outgoing car. IMHO facelift's should be in your face - it should look like things have changed. That's the whole purpose of a refresh.
Old 3rd January 2013, 10:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wagon R is doing extremely well sales wise, why not bring in (face lift similar to) one of these in dark shades below?
2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift-marutiwagonr1optimized.jpg
2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift-suzukiwagonr04.jpg

IMO previous Wagon-R is the best looking Wagon-R we had so far here in India.
2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift-marutiwagonr08.jpg

Note: Pics from Google search.
HammerHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Wagon R is doing extremely well sales wise, why not bring in (face lift similar to) one of these in dark shades below?
Attachment 1033849
Attachment 1033850

IMO previous Wagon-R is the best looking Wagon-R we had so far here in India.
Attachment 1033851

Note: Pics from Google search.
Hello HammerHead,

The first one looks like a model from the Escalade stable but, is damn handsome IMHO. Wagon R will do a la XUV if, they ever get that to our shores .

The last shot of the series, that is, the previous generation Wagon R has been the most desirable edition seen on Indian roads till date

Last edited by MetalBuff : 3rd January 2013 at 12:26.
Old 3rd January 2013, 15:29   #21
BHPian

+1 HammerHead, MetalBuff
I do think that the previous gen Wagon R (the model just before the current model)was the best looking one.

According to the theory of product life cycle, I am not able to correlate why Maruti is introducing a face-lift for a model that is doing well in the Indian market. Instead they could have surely cooked some thing out of the Zen Estillo or A Star.
Old 3rd January 2013, 16:12   #22
BANNED

From what I hear from folks at Maruti, they are working on some other Wagon-R based model as well. (petrol only)
Old 3rd January 2013, 16:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
According to the theory of product life cycle, I am not able to correlate why Maruti is introducing a face-lift for a model that is doing well in the Indian market. Instead they could have surely cooked some thing out of the Zen Estillo or A Star.
Simple, Wagon R was launched sometime in 2009-10 period and hence it is it it's mid-life cycle. To remain competetive, they need to dry-press the exteriors and make it look neat and tidy.

Regarding Estilo, it is a fantastic car (we have one in the family) but gets killed because of Wagon R. It was launched in 2006 and was facelifted again in 2009-10 period. It has completed it's life cyclye of 5 years and it is time to launch a new Estilo or kill it completely. On second thoughts, if MSIL can plonk a small diesel engine in it's bay, it'll start flying off the shelf.
Old 3rd January 2013, 17:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Simple, Wagon R was launched sometime in 2009-10 period and hence it is it it's mid-life cycle. To remain competetive, they need to dry-press the exteriors and make it look neat and tidy.
The December sales figures of Wagon R seems to show a sudden dip to a whooping 4000+ units from 10000+ last month. I think the possible reason for such a dip would be the rumors with regard to the face lifted model.

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 3rd January 2013 at 17:25.
Old 3rd January 2013, 21:20   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
The December sales figures of Wagon R seems to show a sudden dip to a whooping 4000+ units from 10000+ last month. I think the possible reason for such a dip would be the rumors with regard to the face lifted model.
The drop in the numbers suggest that the old (current model) stock was being shipped out. The updated ones might be shipped from starting Jan 2013.

The numbers seems to suggest this. Hope they dont hike the price along with this cosmetic change.
Old 3rd January 2013, 22:15   #26
BHPian

Hammerhead, those two pics of the Wagon R are really drool worthy. Especially the one with the projector headlights.

Just posted on another thread that Wagon R's are currently still not available. Nothing. Not even the Lxi. Nothing expected for the next 10 days.

Let's hope after all this hush, hush stuff Maruti comes up with something worthwhile and not just a new front bumper.

I have a buyer waiting to pick up my old Waggy but cannot sell till I get a new one.

Anyone with any inside info please do spill the beans.

Regards,

SS
Old 3rd January 2013, 22:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Do note that cars like the WagonR appeal to the conservative folk (a majority of the car buying public in India BTW)....the same who would buy a neutral Alto over a futuristic Eon. The WagonR's appeal is in practical, no-nonsense motoring.
The Wagon R is a no nonsense motoring wonder. Even the pre-owned segment it appeals; the Lxi version with its split and reclinable rear seats is a best buy with the loads of space.

Quote:
I absolutely love the facelifted i20's face. It looks very European now.
plus one to that. I have a great liking for it, looks much cuter than the old one.

Wagon R sales volume fell far behind November, October and September sales figures of 11k, 13k AND 16k respectively in December 2012 to 4K. Perhaps could be due to non availability artificially made to clear off old stocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Wagon R is doing extremely well sales wise, why not bring in (face lift similar to) one of these i
2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift-wagonr1optimized.jpg I like this one; looks beautiful though boxy.

Last edited by GTO : 4th January 2013 at 14:15. Reason: Merging both your posts.
Old 3rd January 2013, 23:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Even I prefer the previous generation Wagon R to current one. 2008 version had some curves to its design which became boxy again in the new one. Even the facelift doesn't seem to have changed much in that respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
plus one to that. I have a great liking for it, looks much cuter than the old one.
Agree on i20's front but I prefer the tail lights from the older model. Really loved the old design but they really made a mess out of the new cluster which looks more like a jigsaw puzzle. Again, I guess they are trying to be European even there!

I still find it difficult to digest why the designers cannot design a tail lamp cluster that is symmetrical and holds a pair of reverse lights and a pair of rear fog lamps!

At least Maruti did a better job by placing the rear fog lamp in the centre and retaining the symmetry. I just hope they too don't get carried away by this European design language down the line.
Old 7th January 2013, 17:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

One SE of a Maruti dealer says that the New face lifted Wagon R would be launched around January 2013 and he has 13 confirmed bookings. He reasons this as the cause of sluggish sales figures for December 2012.

Last edited by rajeev k : 7th January 2013 at 17:12.
Old 7th January 2013, 20:06   #30
BHPian

As a generation 2 Wagon-R owner, I sincerely hope MSIL does a good job with this facelift. A good frugal diesel engine would defintely set the charts on fire (not that the current model is doing bad now).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks