Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:27   #106
BHPian

Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
My Glistening Grey WagonR VXi was delivered on July/30.

Couple of issues/observations:

1. My bluetooth ELM327 adapter works perfectly fine. Using torque on my android, I'm able to view Distance to empty, Average and instantaneous kmpl, and they are accurate. I'm in love with this OBD-II port. It was long deserved and none of my previous 3 maruti's had it.

I also have a new Wagon R Vxi.
Could you please explain the above. I am a bit challenged when it comes to hi tech stuff and have only just got a smart phone. What does the OBD II port have to do with the phone??? I would like to have the distance to empty and instantaneous mileage.

2. The left front door has already started rattling. I have not even changed the speakers and at 120 kms it started rattling

My right door rattling from delivery!!!

3. I know this is a 3 cylinder engine, so vibrations are welcome. Comparing with the 7000 kms+ test drive vehicle, my new car shakes while idling at ~700 RPM (btw, should it not be 800 RPM ?). I can feel the shakes at steering, brake pedal. Its so much that the shake pushes my legs up-down. I'm aware of pedal vibrations, but this is the first. Should I wait for 1000 kms to settle in ? Or, am I looking at mounting recall ?
Not experiencing anything like this. Get it seen too before your first service if necessary.

Regards,
SS

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd August 2013 at 03:02. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:49   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Glistening Grey WagonR VXi was delivered on July/30.

Couple of issues/observations:

1. My bluetooth ELM327 adapter works perfectly fine. Using torque on my android, I'm able to view Distance to empty, Average and instantaneous kmpl, and they are accurate.

5. Can someone help me with the following data:
a) Volumetric efficiency of K10 engine
b) Gear ratios of Wagon-R
c) Transmission loss (if possible)
I need this to help Torque app suggest me "verbally" on changing gears.
Hi, I have a couple of things to share/request. Please do so when you find time.

1. I need to know what is the maximum value you achieve under the param "Relative throttle position" and "Absolute throttle position". In my car even if I floor the pedal, it fails to cross 60% or so.

2. Are you able to find out fuel consumption data? Scanmaster gives an error that it needs data from MAF, which is not present in my version of WagonR. Is it present in yours? Or does your software use a different calculation?

3. I havent faced a single rattle in nearly two years and 12k kms of ownership. Guess you need to get thigs checked.

4. Engine speed drops to even 600 RPM when AC is off and engine fully warmed That does lead to vibrations. But unlike your case, I feel vibrations only from the seat, and the floor. Pedals have never vibrated neither has the steering. However with AC on the idle speed increases, and the vibrations disappear.

Last edited by audioholic : 2nd August 2013 at 22:50.
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:16   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Could you please explain the above. I am a bit challenged when it comes to hi tech stuff and have only just got a smart phone. What does the OBD II port have to do with the phone??? I would like to have the distance to empty and instantaneous mileage.
I have connected a bluetooth-enabled ELM327 adapter to Wagon-R's OBD-II port. On my android I use "Torque Pro", which receives data from the paired bluetooth adapter.
Additionally, I also have a SONY Smartwatch that displays torque applications parameter on the watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hi, I have a couple of things to share/request. Please do so when you find time.

1. I need to know what is the maximum value you achieve under the param "Relative throttle position" and "Absolute throttle position". In my car even if I floor the pedal, it fails to cross 60% or so.
I will always have time bro. I am attaching the torque log. Absolute throttle position data is not logged (ECU does not provide it). I could not floor the engine as it is still being run-in. You can review the log file attached here. torque_log.xlsx
OT: Even I had SX4 parts catalogue and I see that you are based out of Bangalore. And OBD-II - you are my lost brother man :-)

Quote:
2. Are you able to find out fuel consumption data? Scanmaster gives an error that it needs data from MAF, which is not present in my version of WagonR. Is it present in yours? Or does your software use a different calculation?
Yes, Wagon-R does not stream MAF data. My android device (Galaxy S3) has a barometer, and A/F mix ratio together with 75% volumetric efficiency (assumption) helps the torque application estimate the instantaneous FE. After 2-3 refills, I should be able to fine tune the volumetric efficiency.

Quote:
3. I havent faced a single rattle in nearly two years and 12k kms of ownership. Guess you need to get thigs checked.
One of the culprits is the seat belt too that keeps on banging the door. Also the wider 155 does pick up more road disturbances. but neverthless, Maruti has not kept up with the quality checks before releasing to market.

Quote:
4. Engine speed drops to even 600 RPM when AC is off and engine fully warmed That does lead to vibrations. But unlike your case, I feel vibrations only from the seat, and the floor. Pedals have never vibrated neither has the steering. However with AC on the idle speed increases, and the vibrations disappear.
Seat and floors do vibrate. AC helps reducing the vibrations a bit.

Last edited by devsoftech : 3rd August 2013 at 11:19.
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:44   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Absolute throttle position data is not logged (ECU does not provide it). I could not floor the engine as it is still being run-in. You can review the log file attached here. Attachment 1120770
OT: Even I had SX4 parts catalogue and I see that you are based out of Bangalore. And OBD-II - you are my lost brother man :-)
Haha nice
You can check throttle position readings without turning on the engine. Hope that is possible at least? From the Excel worksheet it shows that the max relative throttle position is 53%, which is as my case. So you havent floored it eh? I get the same reading when the acc. pedal is pushed fully.

Last edited by audioholic : 3rd August 2013 at 20:47.
Old 4th August 2013, 15:52   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haha nice
.. From the Excel worksheet it shows that the max relative throttle position is 53%, which is as my case. So you havent floored it eh? I get the same reading when the acc. pedal is pushed fully.
Maybe someone floored it for him. You should be knowing how service centre guys take care of customers cars.

Last edited by longhorn : 4th August 2013 at 15:54.
Old 4th August 2013, 16:03   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Maybe someone floored it for him. You should be knowing how service centre guys take care of customers cars.
Though they do drive recklessly, here we are speaking about a single driving cycle. So I presume devsofttech was driving. In my car the max throttle position is 55% for relative and 77% for absolute throttle position. Hence I had to check if it is a fault with TPS or it is common in all cars.
Old 5th August 2013, 23:20   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Though they do drive recklessly, here we are speaking about a single driving cycle. So I presume devsofttech was driving. In my car the max throttle position is 55% for relative and 77% for absolute throttle position. Hence I had to check if it is a fault with TPS or it is common in all cars.
Yes, I was driving. I never exceeded 2500-3000 RPM. This is "relative" TP, so possibly high value does not indicate revving up to the max.
My OBD adapter does not stream absolute TP (probably there is no such PID/ or, application might not be supporting)

With engine off, the relative TP: MIN=16%, MAX=69%
Btw, happened to crank engine, and ignition failed. Only then I realised that I should have turned off everything and then cranked up.

Unfortunately, I am not able to capture stream data with engine off (but all power on).

Last edited by devsoftech : 5th August 2013 at 23:22.
Old 7th April 2014, 21:30   #113
BHPian

Guys, I own a 2010 Dec Wagon-R VXI (O). I notice that the new W-R facelift comes with a more informative MID (Instantaneous FE, etc) but the older one had none. Is there any way I can add this feature to my car? Is it just a software update or is there something more to it?

Cheers!
Old 26th August 2014, 10:57   #114
BHPian

Audiophiles please help. I have the Wagon-R face-lift model that was purchased in Jan 2014. I am about to install a car stereo, nothing fancy, just a single DIN player with 2 speakers (front door) + 2 tweeters (on dash) and thinking of ordering a component speaker system of Pioneer (link below)

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Pioneer-TS-A1...m=171389209818

I was told that the Wagon R does not have a provision for more than 4 inches speakers but I am not convinced ...

2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift-wagonr_front_rear_speaker_grill.png
Name:  WagonR_rear_speaker_grill.png
Views: 12179
Size:  781.1 KB

I think the front grill can accommodate a 6" woofer/mid-range speaker but will the magnet interfere with the window glass?

Also please suggest any other make/model of speakers that are better than Pioneer TS-A1605C ?
Old 26th August 2014, 13:56   #115
Senior - BHPian

Dear Chewbecca

You can instal 6 inch speakers in the front grille.
My set up has a JBL component 6" with inbuilt sub woofer in the door panel.

However, pls. speak to the installer about Pio speakers.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 14:05   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Audiophiles please help.

I was told that the Wagon R does not have a provision for more than 4 inches speakers but I am not convinced ...

I think the front grill can accommodate a 6" woofer/mid-range speaker but will the magnet interfere with the window glass?

Also please suggest any other make/model of speakers that are better than Pioneer TS-A1605C ?
Though 4" (10cm) and 6" (16cm) are the common sizes, though there is also a less-common 5" (13cm) round speaker available in some series.

In case of my Zen's front door pad, it supported 5" but the 6" couldn't be fitted in it. I think it might be the same case here too - the provision in the front might be big enough for 5" but not necessarily for 6".

It is not just the diameter you need to look at; some of the speakers would have a greater mounting depth as well, which the Wagon R's door might not be able to accommodate.

That said, the choice available in the 5" range is always very less, when compared to other sizes. However, it might be better than 4".

EDIT: Just saw arnabchak's reply. If the diameter is not an issue, you can go for 6" which has a compatible mounting depth.

Last edited by zenren : 26th August 2014 at 14:08.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 14:38   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

I have installed 6 Inch Co-Axials on a proper speaker Box and placed the same right beneath the front seats.

The front 2 seats are tall enough and have good space underneath for the boxes. However, moving the Box inside is not easy as the hump will restrict the speaker to get inside. Hence, one can use 10mm socket spanner, remove 4 Bults holding the base of the seats, remove the base, keep the speaker box and put the base back and tighten the bolts. With the speaker in place, one can still slide the front seats back and forth as usual without any obstruction.

I will post the picture on tomorrow once I am home.

By the way, I assume that a face-lifted WagonR that has provision for 4" speaker on the Dash is still the F10D and the one where the OE speaker fitment option is on the Front 2 doors is the K-Series (Blue eyed Boy).
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 14:56   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I have installed 6 Inch Co-Axials on a proper speaker Box and placed the same right beneath the front seats.

The front 2 seats are tall enough and have good space underneath for the boxes.
Doesn't the new WagonRs have the laptop tray/storage space under the passenger seat? Wouldn't that prevent putting the speaker boxes there?
Old 26th August 2014, 15:06   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Doesn't the new WagonRs have the laptop tray/storage space under the passenger seat? Wouldn't that prevent putting the speaker boxes there?
The Tray is for VXi Only. However, with the Tray, like you say there will be a likely obstruction which can be overcome by designing the speaker box a bit less taller with height.

Also, I was still under the impression that this was for the F10D as the limitation was 4" Speaker which is synonymous with F10D models where there was no option to install door speakers.

I will post a picture and you will get an idea.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 19:30   #120
BHPian

Hi BHPias,I own a 2012 model Wagon-R Vxi. The ride quality at the back on not so good roads is very choppy ,is there any suspension upgrade available for the Wagon-R ?? if so how much it costs ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks