Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2013, 12:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

Sorry to say, interiors look very stupid now. Like a half hearted attempt to make it beige. Bits and pieces of beige stuck here and there.

Front grille has lost its character too. Makes the car look more narrow now.
blue_pulsar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 12:34   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Wonder why they dont want to launch an automatic version! Transmission can be borrowed from the A-star anyway. That would make for a perfect city car, given the WagonR's slab sided design and generous glass area.

The Gen1 Wagon R had an automatic version in any case, it was designated WagonR AX and had a 3-speed auto box.
Old 13th January 2013, 12:56   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Wagon R is doing extremely well sales wise, why not bring in (face lift similar to) one of these in dark shades below?
Attachment 1033849
Attachment 1033850

IMO previous Wagon-R is the best looking Wagon-R we had so far here in India.
Attachment 1033851

Note: Pics from Google search.
These pictures from the Japanese model are really nice. However, they use a 660cc turbo engine. In India, the front had to be extended to house the 1.0L K-series motor which is why we have, and will continue to have this awkward front design.

As far as a diesel is concerned, I do not think that Maruti will launch one. There is only the old Indica (similar price range) and the Beat. Neither of them come within half of the Wagon's sales. Maruti does not need a diesel in this car. Between the LPG, CNG and petrol versions it's whipping the competition's a**e month after month.This facelift is designed to justify a price increase obviously. Further, we should expect an Auto box soon enough.

Couple of wishlist items for Maruti. 'Green' CNG version in Vxi trim as well please. And maybe the auto version with CNG! Cheap and cheerful city driving
Old 13th January 2013, 13:02   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Well,i believe that a design that suits one might not do the same to other.Likewise for me,the front bumper change is very refreshing and nice compared to a not so good looking interior treatment.I have always liked the dark grey/black interiors compared to beige or anything else so this doesn't suit me.The audio system gets a USB functionality which was never there in earlier ones.I wish MSIL comes out with a cheaper attachment for USB for earlier model K10s(The one available is costly at present).I'm using my iPOD with aux connection so am not bothered about it.What i'm thinking is to get the front bumper replaced at some stage later.But the first thing is to get a Day Night IRVM.
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 17:44   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

*Update*

Full details & pictures on the WagonR facelift added to the opening post.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 20:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

This is one Maruti facelift i think is executed well. The front bumper of the new shape WagonR looked fussy from the beginning because of the the lengthy black lower airdam. This new facelifted design looks more cohesive, and it looks better and more mature now. The slight bulges under the bumper looks Swift Dzirish. They should've done away with the blue tint on the headlight.
Old 13th January 2013, 20:27   #52
BHPian

how can the fuel efficiency increase if there are no mechanical changes to the car?
Old 13th January 2013, 20:34   #53
BHPian

Being a current gen Wagon R(K10) owner, I feel it as a good upgrade. The music System looks nice. USB is a welcome addition where as previous ones were made to do with some adapter.

In the pics, the biege goes well, but need to see this in person. Front design has been inspired by the Dzire. Personally, I was a fan of Dzire's bumper, and now, this looks classy as well. Bigger air dam, neutral feelings.

All in all, this is something to get a 2.5 year old product afresh. Not that it was needed, but guess there is going to be a price hike.
As pointed here already, an autobox or a diesel can get the sales chart burning.
Old 13th January 2013, 20:45   #54
BANNED

I still prefer the present model but yes the front end does look more appealing that the present one.

The way these pictures are clicked for the cabin space to be shown, it looks very spacious but in reality it is not the same. This car must get a 800cc or a 1 liter diesel engine and it will make sense for the car and prices of fuel pertaining now.

Anurag.
Old 13th January 2013, 21:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
how can the fuel efficiency increase if there are no mechanical changes to the car?
Possibly a remapped or updated ECU since it is mentioned the engine is now OBD-II compliant.
Old 13th January 2013, 21:52   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Wasn't the K-series engine OBD-II compliant from its Bs4 avatar?
Old 14th January 2013, 12:35   #57
BANNED

Source: http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...3-61-lakh/3497

"All the variants of the Wagon R facelift are priced slightly higher than their outgoing counterparts.

The prices for the Wagon R facelift are as follows:

Delhi (ex-showroom):

LX – Rs 3.61 lakh
LXi (petrol) – Rs 3.91 lakh
LXi (CNG) – Rs 4.45 lakh
VXi – Rs 4.17 lakh"

If the info is true, it seems like prices are up by around 7K.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 14th January 2013 at 12:38.
Old 14th January 2013, 12:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...3-61-lakh/3497

"All the variants of the Wagon R facelift are priced slightly higher than their outgoing counterparts.

The prices for the Wagon R facelift are as follows:

Delhi (ex-showroom):

LX – Rs 3.61 lakh
LXi (petrol) – Rs 3.91 lakh
LXi (CNG) – Rs 4.45 lakh
VXi – Rs 4.17 lakh"

If the info is true, it seems like prices are up by around 7K.
Maruti was planning to increase the prices of all the models in Jan. If the difference is just 7k, it is as good as a facelift without hike.
Old 14th January 2013, 13:04   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Maruti was planning to increase the prices of all the models in Jan. If the difference is just 7k, it is as good as a facelift without hike.
Exactly.

I sincerely expect Maruti to come up with a stretched version of WR like this; it will be much more good looking, with lots of space inside for 3rd passenger at the rear seat.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift-new-wagon-r-front2.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 14th January 2013 at 13:05.
Old 14th January 2013, 15:26   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

The exterior atleast is a set up from the current one and is adopting the family trend now.

Anyways this is far better than the sticker job upgrades which Maruti was famous for a couple of years back.

And, the wider looking tyres are available only on brouchures and not in reality

Last edited by nkrishnap : 14th January 2013 at 15:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks