Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 17:19   #241
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Hydraulic struts? Its not all that complicated.
There seems to be a hydralic strut in the Chinese version. Is it there in the indian version as well ?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-rear20boot.jpg  

Old 20th March 2013, 18:37   #242
M35
BHPian

Ford EcoSport hits Showrooms in CHINA

As per chinaaautoweb.com, though it is competitively priced, the Changan-Ford EcoSport came with several disappointments. Most importantly, the acclaimed Ecoboost 1.0 GTDi engine is provided only on one trim level, the Titanium, where it is paired with a 5MT rather than PowerShift 6DCT. For its low price tag, the entry-level model, a Comfortline powered by a 1.5 liter, misses a few essentials like front fog lamps, EBD, or USB ports. And it gets just two airbags.

Compared with the versions made in Brazil and India, the EcoSport rolled out at Ford’s plant in Chongqing has a longer wheelbase (2490mm vs. 2521mm) and stance (4280mm vs. 4241mm), thus providing more leg-room for rear-seat passengers.

Changan-Ford aims to sell 6,000 units of the EcoSport a month in China.
The six versions released, available on three trim levels, sell for 94,800-127,800Yuan (US$15,241-20,546).

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-fordecosport6.jpg

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-fordecosport7.jpg

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-1.jpg

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-2.jpg

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-3.jpg

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-4.jpg

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-5.jpg

http://chinaautoweb.com/2013/03/ford...om-94800-yuan/

Last edited by M35 : 20th March 2013 at 19:04.
Old 20th March 2013, 18:53   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Compared with the versions made in Brazil and India, the EcoSport rolled out at Ford’s plant in Chongqing has a longer wheelbase (2490mm vs. 2521mm) and stance (4280mm vs. 4241mm), thus providing more leg-room for rear-seat passengers.
The 2490mm was last last generation's wheelbase, whereas the 2521mm is supposed to be current generation's. However, the specifications table mentions the Wheeelbase at 2530mm. Will need to wait for official specs. My guess is, the platform is not going to change per region, it should be 2530mm if the actual China specs are saying so.
Old 20th March 2013, 18:59   #244
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
The 2490mm was last last generation's wheelbase, whereas the 2521mm is supposed to be current generation's. However, the specifications table mentions the Wheeelbase at 2530mm. Will need to wait for official specs. My guess is, the platform is not going to change per region, it should be 2530mm if the actual China specs are saying so.
The official Ford Ecosport China website says a wheelbase of 2530mm. Do India and Brazil spec Ecosports share same specifications/dimensions ?
Old 20th March 2013, 19:01   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My guess is, the platform is not going to change per region, it should be 2530mm if the actual China specs are saying so.
Many cars have longer wheelbase version for China market.
Old 20th March 2013, 19:04   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The official Ford Ecosport China website says a wheelbase of 2530mm. Do India and Brazil spec Ecosports share same specifications/dimensions ?
They will absolutely. They are not going to create different platforms for different regions for sure, it is not viable for any company to do so for a global car that too at the cost point. This is the first time Ecosport will drive into India whereas it was already there earlier.
Old 20th March 2013, 19:08   #247
M35
BHPian

Quote:
They will absolutely. They are not going to create different platforms for different regions for sure, it is not viable for any company to do so for a global car that too at the cost point. This is the first time Ecosport will drive into India whereas it was already there earlier.
If that is the case the official Ford Ecosport Brazil website shows this.Doesn't it show a wheelbase of 2521mm ?

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-cbb9bc352fba3ab5e0406a13f5450cdd.jpg

http://www.ford.com.br/showroom.asp?...=2&interna=439
Old 20th March 2013, 19:17   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If that is the case the official Ford Ecosport Brazil website shows this.Doesn't it show a wheelbase of 2521mm ?

Attachment 1064167

http://www.ford.com.br/showroom.asp?...=2&interna=439
Absolutely, it says so, whereas the Chinese specs say 2530mm. Just a difference of 9mm which is insignificant for anything. It has got to do with some alignments without changing the platform as such. I still feel, it doesn't make any sense for a global car to have different platforms. Still, will need to wait and see what the official specs say for India and how do they account for that 9mm difference.
Old 20th March 2013, 20:34   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Ya, I don't know if the reason given by them was true but frankly I love having the indicator stalk on the left even in the Fiat Uno. Its comfortable. And some people complain about having the bonnet opening lever on the left side - whats the problem? how many times do we open it anyways?
Umm, if your office happens to be in a building with moronic security rules, then it can mean everyday. A lot of the malls in Delhi also make you pop open the boot before they let your park inside. It'll be a huge pain having the lever on the left side then!
crazydave is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 20:39   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Not surprised by the amount of flak the ecosport seems to be drawing. One clear trend in T-bhp--"Too much hype=massive expectations=car bashing" Examples being New ford fiesta, safari storme and now the ecosport. I think duster may have been the only exception.
Two ways to look at this.
Positive: We are a bunch of auto enthusiasts. Hence every vehicle from a scooter to an aeroplane will be met with great gusto, lot of expectations, massive hype, drama, emotions and what not. We want every car/bike/vehicle maker to be as emotional as us for its product, and when they are not, we bash their products.

Negitive: There are lot of people here for whom certian products as aspirational, especially SUV's and they are very enthu about each new SUV launch, finally when the price is announced and its out of their reach, its simply a case of sour grapes.

You take your pick. I prefer to go with the positive
apachelongbow is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 20:55   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
You take your pick. I prefer to go with the positive

Most magazines/journals/newspaper auto supplements are significantly ad supported. They HAVE to be "balanced" to the point of occasional blandness, unless a product is superlative or downright atrocious.

We are a bunch of enthusiasts with strong opinions, enthusiasm and often limited budget- a perfect combination for what might be called "vigorous debate". To be fair, I have also followed many threads which are largely positive with minor complaints on "wish-lists". And that is what makes this forum unique IMHO.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 14:00   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Many cars have longer wheelbase version for China market.
Slightly off-topic, but what is the reason behind this?
Old 21st March 2013, 14:07   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Slightly off-topic, but what is the reason behind this?
Chinese seem to like long, spacious cars . Just check this google result and many car makers offer long wheelbase versions for the Chinese market
https://www.google.co.in/#hl=hi&outp...w=1280&bih=648
Old 21st March 2013, 14:16   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Why do you say this? The vehicles definitely don't seems to have any kms run, look at the engine bay and underbody pics, they seem real clean.
Hi Jaggu,

Though I have not yet seen the car Physically (will be going to see it tomorrow when it is displayed in Ambience Mall Gurgaon), seeing the condition of the car in the pics, they really look quite abused and seat covers etc look quite worn. In my 40,000 kms covered Yeti, the interiors are nowhere close to this condition.
If these are the same test prototypes, which have been running all over the country (which they seem to be!), these cars cover upto 300-400 kms per day and are driven continuously and can cover around 100,000 kms in one year!

The engine bay and the underbody is still easier to wash and keep clean as there is rarely any physical contact with these areas. It is mostly the interiors which suffer the brunt of such heavy use.

I will share my view on the condition of the demo unit, tomorrow when I have the chance to see it in flesh!

Any updates from the TBHP mods team on when you can get the Ecosport for the Detailed review - That is the review that we are all eagerly waiting for!

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 21st March 2013, 15:33   #255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Jaggu,

Though I have not yet seen the car Physically (will be going to see it tomorrow when it is displayed in Ambience Mall Gurgaon), seeing the condition of the car in the pics, they really look quite abused and seat covers etc look quite worn.---
I disagree Behmoth, no way these cars are the test mules! Maybe pre-production versions and hence not the best of finish and fittings. But don't think they have run anything more than few kms. On the other hand seat etc can be due to the wear and tear at the display events itself. They do leave quite some scars on the vehicle after a week or two.

Comparing 20 lakh car to one that is less than half is not fair, so even though people might crib that interiors are not great for a Yeti, it will be much better off to that of a model which is planning to compete at 2 category lower.

Just my observation.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks