Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2013, 19:29   #151
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Thank you very much.
Just a few queries. If you have sat in, driven or spent some time in a Yeti, how does the EcoSport compare?
Specifically in terms of seating position, under-thigh support in front and back, boot space and driving position?
What is the safety kit list like?
Also, what is the visibility like from the drivers seat?
Did you like the quality and feel of the leather seats in it?
I am asking because I am also quite big built and wide as well.
If the petrol version of this is priced well and comes with all the goodies I am seeking, we might want to consider it for my folks...
Interestingly from Parrys pictures the boot opens towards the left. Good for lefties then?
Most other SUV's I ve owned or used which had these sideways opening tail gates have typically opened towards the right side. Perhaps this is because this vehicle was primarily designed for the left hand drive markets?
The seating position is good, plenty of head room and the drivers seat is comfortable with good leather quality.It is not as spacious as a yeti or jetta, even in terms of quality it falls behind, but for a sub Rs10 or 8 lac its not bad at all.I was really comfortable, the other day i was in a friends Skoda Rapid and it was tight even with the steering wheel all the way up and seats pushed back. It doesnt matter if you are big, i assure you this will be a comfortable car.
DocRock is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 19:52   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Could some one tell me what is this stuff ? Auto wipers / Auto head lamps? Or navigation sensor?

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-ecosport_26.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Quick points
- This is Titanium version. Highest version will be called Titanium+ and will come with DRL, Keyless entry, Start button and AT...
Thanks for those pics!! Are you sure of the DRLs? Ford should have managed to keep those ON! Did these vehicles have its battery disconnected?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th March 2013 at 19:56.
Old 17th March 2013, 20:10   #153
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post

The seating position is good, plenty of head room and the drivers seat is comfortable with good leather quality.It is not as spacious as a yeti or jetta, even in terms of quality it falls behind, but for a sub Rs10 or 8 lac its not bad at all.I was really comfortable, the other day i was in a friends Skoda Rapid and it was tight even with the steering wheel all the way up and seats pushed back. It doesnt matter if you are big, i assure you this will be a comfortable car.
Many thanks indeed! Thats great information.
Cheerio.
Old 17th March 2013, 20:35   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could some one tell me what is this stuff ? Auto wipers / Auto head lamps? Or navigation sensor?
I think that is solar sensor for the ACC.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 20:57   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
I was going to ask the same question. Thanks Shankar for asking the question.

Driver seat comfort for tall people is very important for me as I am 6' 2" tall. I hope the under thigh support is good. This will most probably be my next vehicle if it passes with respect to seating comfort. I found the duster lacking in this area.

I hope Ford gets the pricing right.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 17th March 2013 at 20:58.
Old 17th March 2013, 21:35   #156
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1063218

Thanks for those pics!! Are you sure of the DRLs? Ford should have managed to keep those ON! Did these vehicles have its battery disconnected?
I think he said that the DRL's are only in the titanium+ variant whereas those on display where titanium variants. Also the images in the first page do show the ICE on. So the battery is indeed connected.
Old 17th March 2013, 21:57   #157
BHPian

Quote:

DRLs are available in Titanium+ variant. The china version of Ecosport is Titanium+ hence it has DRLs. I think Titanium+ will also have rain sensors and other "Good to have" features.

Also I found too many people complaining about leg room. Literally everyone was Wowed by the looks of the vehicle and at the same time every alternate person was complaining about limited space at the rear seat. I wish Ford could have just squeezed in 2 more inches.
Old 17th March 2013, 22:32   #158
Senior - BHPian

Saw the ecosport at Saket City Walk mall, Saket, Delhi today. Quite surprisingly, in the promotional materials on display, Ford seems to want to talk more about Sync and the HU rather than the actual car!
The car did not impress. For starters, the engine bay seems to portend tough times for the FNG trying to get his spanner in. The rear appears to have just about enough room for 2 adults and a kid barely into his teens. The front is comfy, however, personally I did not like the dash color combo and the overall plasticky feel. The boot is large, but that's the only part of the car that appealed to me. Not sure why ford thought to have the boot lid hinged so that it opens on the side - not very thoughtful for today's bumper to bumper parking lots.
Old 17th March 2013, 23:00   #159
BHPian

Why is the parking sensors missing on the Indian Titanium version?

On that website, I also noticed that the alloy wheel is different.

Unlike this image of the Chinese version posted earlier by M35:
(This is also Titanium version, I checked on the link given by M35
http://newcar.xcar.com.cn/photo/ps1405-o/)

Last edited by sumeshmani : 17th March 2013 at 23:03.
Old 17th March 2013, 23:05   #160
Senior - BHPian

^^I guess the pic posted by M35 is of titanium+ version and what we are getting to see in mall is of titanium version, So you get extra goodies in Titanium+.
Old 18th March 2013, 00:13   #161
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1063218

I think it's the light sensor for automatic headlamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Saw the ecosport at Saket City Walk mall, Saket, Delhi today. Quite surprisingly, in the promotional materials on display, Ford seems to want to talk more about Sync and the HU rather than the actual car!
The car did not impress. For starters, the engine bay seems to portend tough times for the FNG trying to get his spanner in. The rear appears to have just about enough room for 2 adults and a kid barely into his teens. The front is comfy, however, personally I did not like the dash color combo and the overall plasticky feel. The boot is large, but that's the only part of the car that appealed to me. Not sure why ford thought to have the boot lid hinged so that it opens on the side - not very thoughtful for today's bumper to bumper parking lots.
Completely agree with you. Myself and a couple of friends were eagerly waiting for this car to come out. The major let-down is the interiors, the plastics (especially the door handrests and the ACC) make it look more like a Tata than a Ford.
The seat cover quality is also very bad from what I can see.

On the other hand, knowing Ford, the this car is bound to be exhilarating to drive just because of the handling.
Old 18th March 2013, 01:14   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Those are sensors for Automatic Climate Control system.
Old 18th March 2013, 01:39   #163
BHPian

Quote:
That could also be for a factory fitted car security system. Usually it houses a blinking LED that indicates that the car security is armed.
Old 18th March 2013, 07:53   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjunair5 View Post
That could also be for a factory fitted car security system. Usually it houses a blinking LED that indicates that the car security is armed.
Guys its a auto light sensor, it functions by automatically selecting the correct set of light, based on the amount of light outside.
Old 18th March 2013, 07:54   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Why is the parking sensors missing on the Indian Titanium version?
They are not parking sensors, they look like them but they are the holes for the number plate screws. The other two circles below are used to provide clearance for the number plate.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks