Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2013, 22:54   #901
BANNED

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I truly hope they launch with dark interiors. India is labouring under a surfeit of beige!

Frankly the only one worth buying will be the absolutely Top end one, Petrol or Diesel is no longer worth debating given their super little 1000 cc petrol EcoBoost engine. Tat is one thi they should not compromise for us in India. We too, deserve that EcoBoost engine...
Don't you worry Shankar, the EcoBoost is surely coming(I suppose it is obvious from the Media Drive). My Dad is surely looking forward to buy this 1.0 GTDi EcoBoost, just hope that Ford keeps its senses in control and price it lower than the diesel(and not on par with it).

If they do that, no matter what you offer in a Petrol , it is a
Old 12th May 2013, 23:02   #902
BHPian

Ford will sell 15 accessories for EcoSport including side step and spare wheel cover.

I am keenly awaiting Team BHP review, did I miss it?

Following is the review on Overdrive show

Old 12th May 2013, 23:37   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
On a completely different note, the lady doing that review takes such a terrible turn I kid you not. Just after she makes a comment regarding the 'superb driving dynamics'.
She is a former rally champion. Probably the only car reviewer in Indian TV, to have such a background.
Old 12th May 2013, 23:41   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
She is a former rally champion. Probably the only car reviewer in Indian TV, to have such a background.
Not dissing her qualifications or anything, I'm only stating what I saw. Here take a look at exactly 7 mins and 28 seconds and look at that turn. If that wasn't a one way road, that too going uphill blind? Curtain call for the guy coming the other way. She'd be saved by that extraordinary life saving system from Ford though

!

EDIT - Paused the video frame by frame on that turn, it's the gentleman driving not her.

Last edited by ByDesign : 12th May 2013 at 23:42.
Old 13th May 2013, 00:15   #905
Senior - BHPian

I saw the video review by oncars.in and honestly I felt that was a very genuine review and can almost relate to everything the reviewers mentioned about the EcoSport. He has covered most aspects well and has brought out a whole list of negatives along with a few positives. In fact he mentions that the steering feels as if it is lifted off a Hyundai car - lifeless and it doesn't handle as well as other Fords which is in contrast to what Renuka Kripalani mentions in the autocar review. I guess we just have to wait for the team-bhp review to find out which of them is correct.

S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 07:25   #906
BHPian

195/65 R15 91T (low variants)
205/60 R16 92H ( high variants)[/quote]

i have a grave feeling that tyre size cant be that small in lower variants.
Reason being we cant maintain the same ground clearance with two tyre sizes, provided other suspension bits are not changed.
To maintain same ground clearance, tyre size on lower variants could be 205/65-15.
But now we have tyre placard pic confirming the 195/65-15 tyre size on lower variants.
If that is true, i have to assume undeniably that the lower two variants are not even jacked up hatchbacks in any sane world of imagination, leave alone the SUV.
Old 13th May 2013, 09:24   #907
BHPian

Hi,

I calculated the power/ton ratio for Ecosport diesel variant and it is 70 bhp. For new fiesta it is around 78 bhp. Am wondering how much effect this will have on the ecosport agility. Since the media were provided with ecoboost engine only for the review, i think we should wait until the car is officially released to know better about the diesel ecosport.

Thanks,
Prakash.
Old 13th May 2013, 09:35   #908
BHPian

Watched all the TV reviews yesterday. Sadly it seems that Ford will not be bringing in the Option pack on the 1.5L Petrol AT. So no way I am buying this one.

A bit of deja-vu with what happened when we bought the Fusion. Ford wake up - there are a lot of us who would not mind paying for extras like 6 airbags & you are only forcing us to look at other cars.
Old 13th May 2013, 09:50   #909
BHPian

Yesterday while travelling from Chennai to Pondy, I was overtaken by two Ecosports, one grey in colour and one in orange. While they were behind me, I could see through the rear view mirror that the chrome portion in the front was missing, the top part being body coloured and the bottom part black in colour, so they could be the base version.

On overtaking and coming in front of me, I noticed that the tyres were disappointingly narrow, probably not more than my Honda City which is 175mm wide. I doubt that the base version will come with 195mm width tyres. Sorry no pictures since I was driving alone. In fact I liked this front without the chrome better than the garish chrome that is there in the photos already on the net.
Old 13th May 2013, 10:11   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Was there any mention of beige interiors offered as an option??
The ecosport seems to have the same dull gray colour combination as that of the new fiesta which makes the interiors look cheap and claustrophobic. Ford could have gone for jet black interiors instead of this dull gray....
Yeah im quite sure that there would be a variant with beige interiors (possibly the titanium 1.5 AT). Someone managed the spot the same a while ago.

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-fordecosportdualtonebeigeblackinterior.jpg

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-fordecosportbeigeinteriors3.jpg
vinj14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 10:19   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
In fact he mentions that the steering feels as if it is lifted off a Hyundai car - lifeless and it doesn't handle as well as other Fords which is in contrast to what Renuka Kripalani mentions in the autocar review.
On one of the ecosport reviews I noticed the driver/reviewer continously giving inputs to the steering wheel on a relatively straight empty strech. That's not a sign of a car with a great steering, or must be the terrain was such that it may have been required, not sure, but I didnt like that.
Among the Electric power steering, this might be better than its competitors, but no where close to a pure hydraulic unit.
Old 13th May 2013, 10:31   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
On one of the ecosport reviews I noticed the driver/reviewer continously giving inputs to the steering wheel on a relatively straight empty strech. That's not a sign of a car with a great steering, or must be the terrain was such that it may have been required, not sure, but I didnt like that.
Among the Electric power steering, this might be better than its competitors, but no where close to a pure hydraulic unit.
The Fiesta steering is good for an EPS, the lightness at low speed is convenient, unlike HPS units which are a pain when parking. If Ford has kept the same feel, it should be good, anyway Hyundai sales attest to the fact that steering feel has nearly nothing to do with an actual sale. Ford might not be bothered with enthusiasts this time around, not enough of them around to cater to and the majority prefer a cheaper car with a light steering anyway.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 12:28   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I saw the video review by oncars.in and honestly I felt that was a very genuine review and can almost relate to everything the reviewers mentioned about the EcoSport. He has covered most aspects well and has brought out a whole list of negatives along with a few positives. In fact he mentions that the steering feels as if it is lifted off a Hyundai car - lifeless and it doesn't handle as well as other Fords which is in contrast to what Renuka Kripalani mentions in the autocar review. I guess we just have to wait for the team-bhp review to find out which of them is correct.
Excellent video, thanks for posting. That guy seems to have covered all aspects that we are interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The Fiesta steering is good for an EPS, the lightness at low speed is convenient, unlike HPS units which are a pain when parking. If Ford has kept the same feel, it should be good, anyway Hyundai sales attest to the fact that steering feel has nearly nothing to do with an actual sale. Ford might not be bothered with enthusiasts this time around, not enough of them around to cater to and the majority prefer a cheaper car with a light steering anyway.
Agreed, but when informed people buy Fords, they do it for great handling, steering feel, driving dynamics and suspension. If any of this is missing, they might be disappointed.

People who are not bothered about these will naturally flock to competitors.

By the way, it is high time we saw the review on this forum. I've been clicking F5 regularly, but of no avail.
Old 13th May 2013, 12:59   #914
Senior - BHPian

This is getting me worried :(

http://www.topgear.com/india/ford/re...port/itemid-51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear
Pros: Ride quality, engine noise above 4000rpm, features, 6 airbags, compact. Versatile cabin
Cons: Soft steering, roll around corners, turbo lag under 2000rpm, rear seat space.

The verdict
The Ecosport is a smartly packaged car. Its not a driver's delight like a typical Ford, but if priced right, this could eat into a whole lot of other segments and be the best all round urban car.
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 13:14   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
If this is true, then its a sad state for all of us who like "drivers" car. I hope Ford dont go by Hyundai style, All style but no substance.
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks