Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2013, 13:45   #916
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

I was quite impressed with what Ford has done with Fiesta. Quite a commendable job for an EPS. If the underpinnings are same, the Ecosport should not be any different.

All the manufacturers are moving to the EPS, and it will be interesting to see who will master the art better. I am actually looking forward to Fiat’s take on EPS once they bring in the new versions of Punto/Linea.
Old 13th May 2013, 13:50   #917
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The question really is NOT if the EcoSport will handle like the Fiesta - It won't the laws of physics will not let it. It won't even be that close.

The real question is vs. the Duster, will it handle better or on par atleast? Physics are actually in favour of the Ecosport here vs. the duster.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 14:43   #918
BHPian

Another Review from NDTV

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the...ome-editorspic
Old 13th May 2013, 14:49   #919
BHPian

Does the Indian Ecoboost engine have the overboost (200 Nm) feature? Haven't seen any mention of it in the reviews.
Old 13th May 2013, 14:51   #920
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford India equips EcoSport with life-saving system

Can someone please explain the "technology" behind calling rescue services?

If the car is involved in an accident, how is the call made? I use a basic phone (non Bluetooth) as my office doesnt allow me to carry a smartphone. The only way I see theoritically is to use Satellite phone technology, but this is highly improbable. There seem to be lot of ifs and buts. If it makes a call from our paired phone, what if my phone has no roaming facility or signal at that area.

If the module can automatically dial from our phone, it is a way of "hacking" into our phone (ethical of course).

Android software have an emergency facility where in panic, our current location can be sent to near and dear ones. It can even give a location on google maps. Of course, this is dependent on mobile phone signal. If no signal is there, the message is transmitted when the signal is recevied.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 13th May 2013 at 14:54.
Old 13th May 2013, 14:54   #921
BHPian

Received an email from Ford India stating the Ecosport is launching soon.So one can expect the pricing to be announced within 2 weeks max,this was the same case when i received an email during the launch of Ford figo and the pricing was announced within 2 weeks of the email announement.
Old 13th May 2013, 15:01   #922

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
Received an email from Ford India stating the Ecosport is launching soon.So one can expect the pricing to be announced within 2 weeks max,this was the same case when i received an email during the launch of Ford figo and the pricing was announced within 2 weeks of the email announement.
Confirmed, they are rolling out that marketing email to a lot of folks.

I think your timeline sounds about right too. I had my Figo booked within 2 weeks of its launch and the more I see the EcoSport I imagine it might be a similar story.

I wish Ford would do something to reward recurring or long time Ford owners. A policy/campaign like that might got a long way to building the loyalty they need in the Indian context.
Old 13th May 2013, 15:02   #923
BHPian

I've actually spoken to an ex university mate of mine who's worked on the R&D for the 1.5L diesel engine for this very car and his take is that this is a much better option than going for the 1 L ecoboost engine. I've asked him for more details and will keep this forum updated.
ByDesign is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 15:12   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

If the car is involved in an accident, how is the call made? I use a basic phone (non Bluetooth) as my office doesnt allow me to carry a smartphone. The only way I see theoritically is to use Satellite phone technology, but this is highly improbable. There seem to be lot of ifs and buts. If it makes a call from our paired phone, what if my phone has no roaming facility or signal at that area.

Emergency calls can be made even without roaming (the theory part ). If there is no signal, the car cant help (neither can Human). Bluetooth is required if the car has to make the call.
Old 13th May 2013, 16:12   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

If the module can automatically dial from our phone, it is a way of "hacking" into our phone (ethical of course).

Android software have an emergency facility where in panic, our current location can be sent to near and dear ones. It can even give a location on google maps. Of course, this is dependent on mobile phone signal. If no signal is there, the message is transmitted when the signal is recevied.
Hi,
The system has to be initiated once - it will ask the user if he/she wants this facility to work or not. I guess this happens the first time a phone is paired / when the car is purchased. So, if you go ahead with this facility, you are giving permission to SYNC to make the calls automatically if the airbags pop open or the fuel cut off function initiates during a crash.

If the owner goes ahead with this facility, only then will be the calls be made. Secondly, in the event of an accident, the system tells the car occupants that it will initiate a call to 108 and then waits 10 seconds. The occupants can cancel the call during these 10 seconds. If not, then the automated calls goes ahead and the GPS co-ordinates are shared as well with the 108 operator.

Hope this explains.
BunnyPunia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 16:27   #926
BHPian

How do we compare EcoSport with Figo and Endeavor

Got a chance to see tdci ecosport.

My views with respect to the sizes.
1.From front Endeavour and Ecosport have almost equal road presence. From a distance of 15 feet from the front, the heights are also looking almost same. (But there is a difference in height of almost 6 inches)
2.Figo is appearing very small compared to he ecosport from all the angles
3.From rear, if Ecosport gets the wheel cover, then it will also get similar look as Endeavour .

The Photos are shared here ..
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-wp_20130512_001.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-wp_20130512_002.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-wp_20130512_003.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-wp_20130512_004.jpg  

Last edited by anumod : 13th May 2013 at 16:51. Reason: Corrected a typo
anumod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 16:40   #927
Senior - BHPian

Re: How do we compare EcoSport with Figo and Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
3.From rear, if Ecosport gets the wheel cover, then it will also get similar look as Ecosport.
I think you intended to say:

it will get similar look as Endeavour?

how did you manage to get those three together?
Old 13th May 2013, 16:50   #928
BHPian

Re: How do we compare EcoSport with Figo and Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I think you intended to say:

it will get similar look as Endeavour?

how did you manage to get those three together?
Thank you for pointing out the mistake and corrected it now .. Getting all three, got to see it from a stock yard ..
Old 13th May 2013, 17:38   #929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
I've actually spoken to an ex university mate of mine who's worked on the R&D for the 1.5L diesel engine for this very car and his take is that this is a much better option than going for the 1 L ecoboost engine. I've asked him for more details and will keep this forum updated.
  • I am sure the Ecoboost is a great engine. But putting it in a SUV is probably asking too much from it. This is the type of you engine you expect in cars like Astar, & Beat, maybe even the Figo. No wonder he recommends the 1.5 Tdci. And in my opinion it will surely sell lot more than the eco-boost.
  • One more thing I fail to comprehend is why are they complicating life by giving the 1.5L petrol. It will make the car fall in the higher tax bracket. In fact the 1.5L Petrol has no business in India.
  • I am not too happy with the variants as well. Even the base variants is exceptionally well loaded. It may look fine but actually it will make the price of the car go north. There is now way Ford can price this car decently with that equipment level. I do smell another Fiesta blunder. Come on ford, we don't need voice activated bla and bla. Give us a better interior quality, a good maintenance package and a decent bargain.
oxyzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 18:15   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post

[*]I am sure the Ecoboost is a great engine. But putting it in a SUV is probably asking too much from it. This is the type of you engine you expect in cars like Astar, & Beat, maybe even the Figo. No wonder he recommends the 1.5 Tdci. And in my opinion it will surely sell lot more than the eco-boost.
First eco sport is not a SUV in its true sense. If you see it weighs equal to some of the premium hatch around here. Also don't forget this same engine powers the much larger Focus in Europe. No hatch/ entry sedan in the market except Polo GT even has more than 100 ps on offer. So comparing ecoboost with the likes of A star and beat is a bit far fetched. But still wait for another month to see what it really has to offer.

I agree with you on the 1.5 petrol though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks