Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2013, 14:33   #856
BANNED

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Few little details that I found out on Ford Press Releases:
  • In India, the Ford EcoSport will be available in an exciting rainbow of seven colours – Mars Red, Kinetic Blue, Sea Grey, Moondust Silver, Panther Black, Diamond White, and Chill.
  • In India, the Ford EcoSport with the 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine achieves 18.9 km/L and emits 126 g/km of carbon dioxide
  • The TDCi engine(1.5 Diesel) delivers a class-leading fuel economy of 22.7 km/L and carbon dioxide emissions of 117 g/km1.
  • With a stick shift, the 1.5-litre Ti-VCT engine returns 15.8 km/L and carbon dioxide emissions of 150 g/km. With the PowerShift automatic, the petrol engine returns 15.6 km/L and carbon dioxide emissions of 151 g/km

So the Petrol 1.0 is almost as low on CO2 as the 1.5 Diesel.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 14:42   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
With Figo sales languishing at 3XXX per months can Ford afford to go wrong with the Eco Sport pricing. It is very dificult to revive a product once the market has rejected it irrespective of its capabilities. The Honda Jazz is a case in point.
Another good example is Ford's own new Fiesta.
Old 11th May 2013, 14:42   #858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
And the other guy is Vidyut (vid6639)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Vidyut is Da Man. He can review cars with his eyes closed
+1 .. this guy's sensitivity to a vehicle's behaviour is amazing !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkytalks View Post
Ecosport body is really wide at 2000+ mm.
2000 mm is too wide. While I didnt have the numbers off-hand then, here's the details by @damager21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Ford EcoSport detailed video review by Autocar India
From what I heard, the Indian version is shorter than the international version. and the plastics are also not as good. I would really like to hear the comments & feedback from some one who can test both the international & Indian versions.
Old 11th May 2013, 15:01   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Space is not the only advantage. Add to space, the presence of a 6th gear, a140bhp engine, ability to cruise at much higher speeds all day, higher perch, lesser strained engine, proven Mahindra mechanicals and finally a car which doesnt look like a perched up hatchback, translate that into road presence.
For the EcoSport to succeed they have to price it marginally over premium hatchback, lesser than mid sized sedans, anything over that money is overkill IMO.
OT: We can place side bets on a personal level if you want
AH-64, for each of the XUVs advantages I can give you a counterpoint. For a 6th gear, the Ecosport offers a dual clutch automatic transmission; for the 140 bhp engine, there is the spanking new tech Ecoboost engine, not to mention that the XUV needs an engine that size because it's so much heavier; and for proven Mahindra mechanicals you have electronics niggles and the fact that the Ecosport is an international product compared with a product that aspires to be one from an Indian manufacturer. Lets not get into looks because to me the XUV looks like a stylized Xylo.

We can get into the minutiae but my intention in the previous post was to cull the differences with the entry XUV down to the basics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
As per following article and specs chart on Motorbeam, there will be no Titanium option pack available for 1.5L petrol engine. So total 10 variants of EcoSport will be available.
http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/ford-e...in-10-variants
The very aggressive starting price only makes sense if the car is sold as diesel-powered only for the entry-level variants.

And why do we need the 1.5 MT Titanium version? The Ecoboost fits the bill for a high-end petrol version, doesn't it? My guess is 7 variants - 4 diesels, 2 Ecoboost (Titanium and Titanium+) and 1 1.5 AT.

Last edited by StarScream : 11th May 2013 at 15:07. Reason: correcting misunderstanding
Old 11th May 2013, 15:08   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Few little details that I found out on Ford Press Releases:[list][*]In India, the Ford EcoSport will be available in an exciting rainbow of seven colours – Mars Red, Kinetic Blue, Sea Grey, Moondust Silver, Panther Black, Diamond White, and Chill.
and chill?
Orange or yellow?
I am desparate for the yellow.
Old 11th May 2013, 15:55   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
and chill?
Orange or yellow?
Chill metallic is already available in Figo/Fiesta. Something like golden/real earth color.
Mars red is the orange color.
Wonder where is the Yellow gone..
Old 11th May 2013, 16:14   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Lets not get into looks because to me the XUV looks like a stylized Xylo.
I agree. XUV has good front. But go to sides and rear and it look more van-like. In fact, in my opnion, Scorpio looks better.

BTW, why do people compare a compact SUV to biggies like XUV / Safari etc.? We should rather see how it stacks up against Duster.
Old 11th May 2013, 16:15   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
and chill?
Orange or yellow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Wonder where is the Yellow gone..
Yellow will be available later.At time of launch 7 colors will be available.
Old 11th May 2013, 16:44   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I agree. XUV has good front. But go to sides and rear and it look more van-like. In fact, in my opnion, Scorpio looks better.

BTW, why do people compare a compact SUV to biggies like XUV / Safari etc.? We should rather see how it stacks up against Duster.
The comparison started out only as a comparison for price - if Ford were to price this car high then the top-end Ecosport will bump up against the entry-level XUV.
Old 11th May 2013, 16:56   #865
Senior - BHPian

Guys, pardon me for the strange question. I am looking to buy either a used Civic or a new Ecosport.

People who have seen or experienced the ES can guide me on this - Will the Ecosport have enough legroom in both the rows of seats? We are a family of tall people and cabin space is crucial for us.
Old 11th May 2013, 17:05   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, pardon me for the strange question. I am looking to buy either a used Civic or a new Ecosport.

People who have seen or experienced the ES can guide me on this - Will the Ecosport have enough legroom in both the rows of seats? We are a family of tall people and cabin space is crucial for us.
Compared to the Civic, the ES will be largely deficient in space,as that is your main concern. Even the boot space will be far less.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 17:35   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Compared to the Civic, the ES will be largely deficient in space,as that is your main concern. Even the boot space will be far less.
The Civic certainly has more legroom and shoulder room than the EcoSport, but for four people the ES isn't THAT bad. The headroom in the ES is probably better .

The boot space in the ES is only 40 litres less than the Civic's (365 odd vs 405 or so). One duffel bag less! Deal breaker? Especially when you consider that with it's 60:40 split rear seat, the ES is more versatile. Also, if you don't fold the ES's rear seats down all the way, you can adjust the backrest angle of reclination to liberate some more usable boot space.

All in all, there's no way I can live with the Civic's absolutely horrible ground clearance. The cost of ownership would me much higher too, of a Civic.
Prabal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 17:37   #868
BHPian

I think in terms of features and specs, Diesel RxL Optional variant of Duster can easily compete with Titanium diesel variant of EcoSport.

What's missing in Duster Diesel RxL Optional
- 85 PS engine compared to 91 PS offered by EcoSport
- SYNC and related features
- Leather wrapped steering
- Driver seat height adjuster with lumbar support
- 20 storage options offered by EcoSport

What's missing in EcoSport Titanium Diesel
- Less rear seat legroom and space when compared to Duster
- 346 litre bootspace compared to 480 litre in Duster
- Touchscreen Media Nav system
- Height Adjustable Front Seat Belts
- Rear Seat Center Armrest with Cupholder
- Keyless Entry

This variant of Duster is available at 10.96 lacs. Given the fact that features are comparable, EcoSport will attract lesser excise duty compared to Duster, India plant will be used as export hub to over 40 countries (huge economies of scale) - there is no reason why top variant of EcoSport should not be launched at less than 10 lacs.

India is a market where people generally overstate so even if everyone says I will buy EcoSport for 12 lacs, not many will buy. I hope Ford does realize this and will launch EcoSport at the right price range which according to me is INR 6-9.5 lacs. You can add INR 1 lac more for Titanium Option pack.
Attached Images

damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 19:29   #869
BANNED

Saw the Car & Bike Show on NDTV . It was the best show(as usual) on the EcoSport out of all those on TV. SVP really gave a lot of useful info. on the Echo-Sport .

The best part though, was that he had invited questions on twitter, about the EcoSport. I tossed one in about the Refinement and the Ride & handling. Surprisingly, he actually quoted the questions on air while driving the car and dealing with relevant details in the Answers. Really takes the whole Social Media to a great (& useful) level.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 19:40   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Saw the Car & Bike Show on NDTV . It was the best show(as usual) on the EcoSport out of all those on TV. SVP really gave a lot of useful info. on the Eco.
Was there any mention of beige interiors offered as an option??
The ecosport seems to have the same dull gray colour combination as that of the new fiesta which makes the interiors look cheap and claustrophobic. Ford could have gone for jet black interiors instead of this dull gray....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks