Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2013, 13:17   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Can the idea of launching the 1.5ltr petrol in trend variant really work? How much can you strip down a car to offset the price of excise and still make it sell? Next question to think of objectively.
I don't have an exact answer to your question but just to give folks an idea of how much the excise slab impacts price, take the Polo GT as an example. The car costs 7.99 ex showroom, so a back of the envelope calculation suggests VW prices it at 7.13 lakhs before it leaves the factory. Add 12% excise and you come to 7.99 approx.

Now suppose VW had decided to really give enthusiasts what they wanted and put a 1.4l TSI engine in it. And assuming everything else as constant and the factory price remaining at 7.13 lakhs, just 24% excise would take the price to 8.84 lakhs ex-showroom.

Now is Ford's 1.5l petrol engine so cheap that the higher excise won't impact it? On a separate note, I think the Polo GT is a good example of what an under 4-meter car with latest tech should cost. The Titanium Ecoboost version should really be positioned in line with the Polo GT - the larger size, bigger tyres and features of the EcoSport should add about the same to the cost as the 7-speed DSG does to the Polo GT. The Ecoboost and TSI engine tech is the same.
Old 14th May 2013, 15:00   #962
Senior - BHPian

One humble request to GTO & Vidyut. Could you guys please give a tentative date/time when the Ecosport Review would be up? For the last three days I have lost the count of the number of times I have refreshed the Test Drive & Review page . It seems I have not other business in the world except refreshing that page. Knowing the date/time would at least help me do some productive work
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 16:43   #963
GTO
Team-BHP Support

AutoIndian, the most important launch of the year requires detail. This is going to be the BAAP of all reviews

It will be up sometime in the coming week.
GTO is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 17:32   #964
tez
BHPian

guys, can we have a lucky draw to select the lucky member to go along with GTO and Vidyut to the test drive and review.
Lets have this as a regular feature...
what say
tez is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 17:48   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
AutoIndian, the most important launch of the year requires detail. This is going to be the BAAP of all reviews

Eagerly await this GTO, request for some reference pictures showing the Ecosport with vehicles like Innova, Duster, Scorpio etc.
Old 14th May 2013, 18:04   #966
Senior - BHPian

Really. The curiosity is killing us all. As far as I can recall no car in Indian history has ever been so eagerly awaited. It is going to be launch of the millenium. Three petrols and a diesel, an AT version, stunning looks. It is like there is one for everyone.

The first thing I do in the morning is, click at this forum to see what is new. Then all through the day too, every 3/4 hours. I got my sights on AT version. No worry even if it is petrol. One, I have limited use and two, eased off petrol prices. It got just the looks. And it checks every box for me. Please hurry, Ford.
Old 14th May 2013, 18:40   #967
BHPian

GTO, pls compare Ecosport diesel with duster' 85 bhp diesel wrt low end drivability, steep incline performance, ride quality, overall NVH and refinement, tyre and wind roar etc.
And do include some basic off road stints, road condition resembling manali- leh highway, afterall its an SUV.
Dr.Abhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 18:59   #968
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
guys, can we have a lucky draw to select the lucky member to go along with GTO and Vidyut to the test drive and review.
Lets have this as a regular feature...
what say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
GTO, pls compare Ecosport diesel with duster' 85 bhp diesel wrt low end drivability, steep incline performance, ride quality, overall NVH and refinement, tyre and wind roar etc.
And do include some basic off road stints, road condition resembling manali- leh highway, afterall its an SUV.
The Test drive is actually done for the EcoSport and it was only the Ecoboost 1.0 in the test drive. The 1.5L Diesel and Petrols have not been given to the Media for the Test drive.
Old 14th May 2013, 19:11   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Hussshhhhhh. At least some relief now. Thanks for dropping that hint. I won't be hitting the refresh button for rest of the week now.

I agree that this is the most important launch of the year (rather for 2 years), take your time to come up with a "fadoo" review.
Old 14th May 2013, 19:56   #970
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
The 1.5 petrol seems to have thrown up an interesting discussion. Nice to read the different theories around trying to fit it into the conventional pricing models.

Can the idea of launching the 1.5ltr petrol in trend variant really work? How much can you strip down a car to offset the price of excise and still make it sell? Next question to think of objectively.
Since the taxes will not allow 1.5 petrol to be cheaper than 1L ecoboost, maybe it is only there to facilitate an AT variant. With the same engine + gearbox combo already on duty in new fiesta, Ford will not have to invest much on a new AT gearbox.

Last edited by mxx : 14th May 2013 at 19:57.
Old 14th May 2013, 21:05   #971
BHPian

Today ecosport discoveries winners were collecting their vehicle from Metro ford Palace road in Bangalore.
Sorry for the picture clarity.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-wp_20130514_0021.jpg  

anilkumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 06:27   #972
BHPian

Bad news for Ford : Lawsuit filed claiming V6 ecoboost engines are defective.
3 & 4 cylinder ecoboost are not included in claim.

http://news.yahoo.com/ford-owners-su...210451248.html
Old 15th May 2013, 10:06   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Eagerly await this GTO, request for some reference pictures showing the Ecosport with vehicles like Innova, Duster, Scorpio etc.
Check the youtube videos Maneesh. AutoCar and other magazines have posted first impression video reviews. In one review, they have placed the EcoSport next to a Ford Figo. You will be sad to note, that dimensionally, both appear exactly alike, maybe the EcoSport is about an inch or two taller at the max, its a side shot, so side profile and height get compared visually.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 10:22   #974
BHPian

Keeping my fingers crossed, I bought FIAT PUNTO MJD emotion pack after reading Team-bhp review at least 20 times, the best car I have ever owned. Eagerly waitining for the review to decide wheather I have to let my SCORPIO VLX 2012 go to make way for Eccosport.
Old 15th May 2013, 10:38   #975
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see a TN registered ECOsport in my office campus at Whitefield.

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-imag0334.jpg

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-imag0336-large.jpg

Loved the alloys though

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-imag0338.jpg

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-imag0339.jpg
rjstyles69 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks