Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2013, 19:57   #871
BANNED

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Was there any mention of beige interiors offered as an option??
The ecosport seems to have the same dull gray colour combination as that of the new fiesta which makes the interiors look cheap and claustrophobic. Ford could have gone for jet black interiors instead of this dull gray....
Nope...no knowledge about beige interiors till now.
But the current interiors are not dull gray. They are jet black. The only part of interiors that is dull gray are the lower half of the dashboard which I feel is acceptable because black in that area would really make the car gloomy.
Infact, the whole upholstery(at least the leather on Titanium (O) is black. Don't know about basic models.

Another point I found out is how the European EcoSport(and also brazillian) is different from Indian one in the exteriors.
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-ecoeuro.jpg

If you see in the above pic, the little silver lip on the Euro Ecosport has been left unpainted on the Indian one. The silver color actually makes it look like a skid plate underneath, not really functional, but at least cosmetically. In fact the silver one actually looks like a Ford's versions of the human lower lip! What is your take on this ? Silver or black? Which ones do you Bhpians prefer?

I like the European one better.(and those alloys!!)

Last edited by agambhandari : 11th May 2013 at 20:15.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 23:57   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Ford EcoSport detailed video review by Autocar India
http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=YwW7VCqHd7I

As per following article and specs chart on Motorbeam, there will be no Titanium option pack available for 1.5L petrol engine. So total 10 variants of EcoSport will be available.
http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/ford-e...in-10-variants
I do not believe the Motorbeam numbers on Kerb weight are accurate. According to this, the 1 litre Ecoboost version weights 10 kg. MORE than a corresponding 1.5 Diesel engine.!

Generally a similar volume Diesel would be almost 100 kg more than the Petrol. Being an even smaller petrol, I would expect the Ecoboost version to weight around 125-150 kg less than the diesel, so around 1100 KG not 1258 KG.
Old 12th May 2013, 00:56   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
and chill?
Orange or yellow?
I am desparate for the yellow.
Watch the 21 mins "Cars and Bike" show on the following link where Siddharth V Patankar reviewed Ford EcoSport. He has confirmed 8 colors including yellow which will be available few months after the launch.

http://profit.ndtv.com/videos/the-ca...-driven-274563

Towards end of the video there is an interview with Joginder Singh who mentioned that bookings will start immediately after completion of Urban Discoveries campaign in June. He also said that Ford expects huge bookings and that there are ready to meet any kind of demand. Also their Chennai plant is ready and all set to start the production.
Old 12th May 2013, 01:28   #874
BHPian

Ford has started confirming on their facebook page that the booking for the ecosport will start in june 2013 and the pricing and launch details will be out in the open during the end of the urban discovery campaign.Which is may end 2013 or 1st week june 2013.So the time has finally arrived.Expecting a pricing at par with Honda amaze.It will definitely sell
vineetg84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 02:23   #875
BHPian

Ford India equips EcoSport with life-saving system

Ford India has claimed it will be the first auto manufacturer in India and EcoSport, the soon-to-be launched SUV, the only vehicle in its segment, to offer a potentially life saving 'emergency assistance' system when it goes on sale in the country.

Emergency assistance is a vehicle-based, no-cost, non-subscription call-for-help system that is already available in more than 5 million Ford vehicles globally. The service is provided free for the ownership cycle of the vehicle.

Emergency assistance works by delivering a critical voice message directly to emergency operators, indicating that a vehicle has been involved in an accident in which the airbags have been deployed or fuel pump shut off triggered and opens the line for hands-free communication.

"We're excited about being the first automaker to provide this technology where EcoSport will be uniquely positioned amidst segment players," said Ford India president and managing director Joginder Singh. "Ford's emergency assistance system has already proved itself as a life-saver in other parts of the world."

The introduction of emergency assistance underscores Ford's continuing resolve to democratise technology and the debut of this advanced technology feature via SYNC in the all-new EcoSport is a significant step in that direction.

SYNC is Ford's voice-activated hands-free-in-car communications and entertainment system for mobile phones and digital media players that allows the driver to make and receive calls and play music from digital devices.

The extent to which users have to maintain SYNC emergency assistance is limited to the one-time setup. There are no additional costs or subscriptions associated with the service.

"This service will provide Ford customers with an extra level of comfort knowing that should they be involved in an accident, that '108 Emergency Services' will automatically be contacted," said Subodh Satyawadi, chief executive officer, GVK Emergency Management and Research Institute.

- See more at: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/fo....2BWZhYAY.dpuf
IndianGuardian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 08:58   #876
BHPian

Re: Ford India equips EcoSport with life-saving system

not to sound cynical but the said emergency operator will be Ford's private service or the Govt's "100" operator ? If it's Ford's, then definitely useful.. Something we saw in Die Hard 4- (when the Car's helpline operator remotely starts the car after hero speaks with the Car's Helpline assistance).

else, in our country you can keep calling 100 and nothing happens- so what can ou expect from a voice message.
Old 12th May 2013, 09:14   #877
BHPian

I don't think it would work in India for a number of reasons.

No assurance that the emergency services phone would be picked up.

How likely is it that the person who picks up the emergency services phone would understand the voice message?

And what are the chances the emergency services would act on a voice based message, especially if someone is passing though some remote areas?

I understand that in prime areas, once they are notified of this system, it might work but across India; very unlikely.

IMO if Ford wants it to work, they should set up small call centre, where in the car gps can send details and coordinates of the accident; accordingly call centre executives can call the emergency services. That would be like sure-shot.

The call centre won't cost them much after all how many people do you require to cater to such service. Not much. Even if they charge 2-3k one time, it would be more than sufficient to run the centre.

Last edited by k2max6 : 12th May 2013 at 09:15.
Old 12th May 2013, 09:25   #878
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
.So the time has finally arrived.Expecting a pricing at par with Honda amaze.It will definitely sell
+1 to this thought. Most things on the EcoSport point to the C1 segment, and I hope Ford sees the light. Don't price it out of the market!
But I believe that the Ford Guys will surely price the EcoSport at least 20K above the Amaze.
The Amaze might be a Honda, but the Ford is an SUV, and for more than 90% of the Indians, the buck stops there. SUV rules. 20K is something that most of us would be willing to pay for those awesome looks.
Old 12th May 2013, 09:34   #879
BANNED

It states that the car would send Co-ordinates of the location of accident.
How is it supposed to do that?

As far as we know, the EcoSport does not have a GPS module. The best it could do from a mobile is to send the approximate position using triangulation from a GSM network of the Mobile phone paired to it. But it is not accurate enough to send a team over there.

But then again, if it has GPS, why not use it for navigation as well?
Old 12th May 2013, 10:38   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
the Ford Guys will surely price the EcoSport at least 20K above the Amaze.
The Amaze might be a Honda, but the Ford is an SUV, and for more than 90% of the Indians, the buck stops there. SUV rules. 20K is something that most of us would be willing to pay for those awesome looks.
I think 20k over the Amaze would be highly improbable and asking too much from Ford.Even if it is priced on par with the Ertiga it would be good VFM and will sell really well.
Old 12th May 2013, 10:41   #881
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
It states that the car would send Co-ordinates of the location of accident.
How is it supposed to do that?
As far as we know, the EcoSport does not have a GPS module. The best it could do from a mobile is to send the approximate position using triangulation from a GSM network of the Mobile phone paired to it. But it is not accurate enough to send a team over there.
From what I have gathered, the call is made via the mobile phone paired with the system (call 108?). And as you mentioned (for India) I believe the location information also should be from the mobile phone rather than the car’s GPS.

More details (from Europe) here.
Old 12th May 2013, 11:27   #882
BHPian

IMO its a start in the right direction which may make other manufacturers to incorporate the same, evolution, leading to a better and much more reliable solution finally.

Quote:

Ford's SYNC Emergency Assistance makes an automatic call to the emergency services if the car has been involved in a serious accident, using the driver's mobile phone when connected by Bluetooth to the SYNC system. When the vehicle has been in an accident which is severe enough to trigger deployment of the airbags, Emergency Assistance automatically dials 112 and transmits a message stating that a Ford vehicle has been in an accident and giving the GPS location. This GPS location is taken from the on-board GPS module which is standard equipment of every vehicle having SYNC. When the message has been repeated twice (to ensure the operator has sufficient time to note all details accurately) Emergency Assistance leaves the phone line open to allow direct communication between the car occupants and the emergency services operator.

Unlike other systems which use a subscription-based service and manufacturer-specific call-centres, Emergency Assistance uses the regular mobile phone network and connects directly with the emergency services. As the system works with any Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone, it is in effect available for the lifetime of the vehicle.

Limitations

Ford SYNC Emergency Assistance relies on the mobile phone having an adequate network signal. However, 112 calls are given priority across all mobile operator networks so it is unlikely that the phone will be unable to connect.
Source
http://www.euroncap.com/rewards/ford...ssistance.aspx
Old 12th May 2013, 11:33   #883
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
IMO its a start in the right direction which may make other manufacturers to incorporate the same, evolution, leading to a better and much more reliable solution finally.

Source
http://www.euroncap.com/rewards/ford...ssistance.aspx
So we have a GPS module on it?
Then we need to get a way to pair it something like a phone or a tablet to make it usable for Navigation! will save the battery drain on the phones.
Old 12th May 2013, 11:37   #884
BANNED

A really good and detailed review(I guess second only to Team-Bhp)

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/ford-e...t-drive-review

But something I don't agree on is the quality of Interiors. It is much better than the Duster, no two ways about it.
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 11:38   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
...in our country you can keep calling 100 and nothing happens- so what can ou expect from a voice message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
...No assurance that the emergency services phone would be picked up.

No offence, but has either of you ever had to use emergency services in India? I have. Three times.

Once I called 100 from my phone. Police was there in 10 minutes. Two other times while I was involved in a road accident, passers-by called 108. Ambulance was there in 10 minutes in the first instance and 5 minutes in the second instance.

On topic:

Instead of deriding India's emergency response system, we should be appreciative that at least one car company has done something which could be potentially life saving in case of an accident.
lucifer1881 is offline   (16) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks