Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 11:38   #811
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrider View Post
Was drooling over the pics when i noticed this.

Is this an issue with the fit or does it look like someone tried to tamper with the vehicle?
This is a test vehicle. Pre Production vehicles built just for road testing . I have seen this vehicle.
Old 8th May 2013, 12:01   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport India review, test drive - ACI

http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...est-drive.aspx
Old 8th May 2013, 12:21   #813
BHPian

Some additional information about the emergency call (e-call as called in automotive context) feature:

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...al-tech/16307/

I am mighty impressed with Ford for bringing this tech to India .
I would still have preferred airbags from the base variant itself, but Ford is not to be blamed! The sad story of Fiesta and Jazz with safety features on the base variant have made them realize that for Indian mass market, safety does NOT necessarily comes first
Old 8th May 2013, 13:28   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Some additional information about the emergency call (e-call as called in automotive context) feature:

I would still have preferred airbags from the base variant itself, but Ford is not to be blamed! The sad story of Fiesta and Jazz with safety features on the base variant have made them realize that for Indian mass market, safety does NOT necessarily comes first
Safety will never be a priority until it is mandated by law.

Additional safety features will obviously increase cost per vehicle for any manufacturer which goes against their objective of making as much profits as they can and pricing as per whatever the market can afford.

So that leaves us enthusiasts to fork out for more expensive models, atleast we have that choice.
Old 8th May 2013, 13:41   #815
BHPian

AutoCar India has put up a mini video review of EcoSport. Full review can be seen tomorrow on the Autocar show.

damager21 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 14:12   #816
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
AutoCar India has put up a mini video review of EcoSport. Full review can be seen tomorrow on the Autocar show.
It is just an exact narration of the written review on their Website.
Need to hold on till the show tomorrow or if the Team-Bhp review comes up before that.
Where are you GTO?

Last edited by bblost : 8th May 2013 at 14:24. Reason: embedded video inside quoted post has been removed. Thanks.
Old 8th May 2013, 16:48   #817
BHPian

Quote:

I don't understand the huge deal with this small little feature that all the automotive sites are harping about.I mean it's a good feature but devoting full page articles and calling this life-saving in itself is seriously exaggerating.Maybe Ford paid these guys hefty amounts to publicize this.
Old 8th May 2013, 16:55   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
I don't understand the huge deal with this small little feature that all the automotive sites are harping about.I mean it's a good feature but devoting full page articles and calling this life-saving in itself is seriously exaggerating.Maybe Ford paid these guys hefty amounts to publicize this.
It is not the feature alone as such, for me personally it is the step towards bringing such features to India in this category! If one takes a step, we can hope others follow and slowly it becomes a norm/ default feature.
This adds to customer benefits and we will reap in the log run. So yes, it is a big thing for Ford to take the right step. How much this features helps in saving lives is not only dependent on e-call but also on how fast the help comes after the call has been made!
MotoNanu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 16:56   #819
BHPian

Overdrive has released couple of video reviews of the all new Ford EcoSport. Apart from this, OnCars India has released 6 short videos covering different aspects of EcoSport

http://www.youtube.com/user/OnCarsIndia/videos

damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 17:34   #820
BHPian

Quote:
This adds to customer benefits and we will reap in the log run. So yes, it is a big thing for Ford to take the right step. How much this features helps in saving lives is not only dependent on e-call but also on how fast the help comes after the call has been made!
It's a step in the right direction, but I don't think we have the infrastructure and protocols in place to make use of such technology right now. Some reservations:
1. Imagine the surprise of the control room operators when they receive a call with a pre-recorded message! Will they consider is serious enough to act?
2. Does this mechanism give the emergency responders enough information to act? For instance, the location? If it does, how accurate would it be?
Old 8th May 2013, 17:44   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
It's a step in the right direction, but I don't think we have the infrastructure and protocols in place to make use of such technology right now. Some reservations:
1. Imagine the surprise of the control room operators when they receive a call with a pre-recorded message! Will they consider is serious enough to act?
2. Does this mechanism give the emergency responders enough information to act? For instance, the location? If it does, how accurate would it be?
I guess it is too much to ask Ford to worry about the infrastructure also. I also understand the practicality of this feature is not yet widely feasible, BUT that should not stop Ford to make a move!
In fact, this should propel the growth of infrastructure to cater such needs. To sum it all, unless the law mandates such features, we can only thank OEMs if they pack these in the cars.

OTOH, I highly doubt how the situation would change even after the law mandates these features. Do you really expect the infrastructure to have been built by then? If that was the case, we could have been a much disciplined and safe driving country
Old 8th May 2013, 19:50   #822
BHPian

Noticed one Ecosport from the media drive with beige interiors. Only the boot pictures available though

Image courtesy: http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-2013fordecosportcrossover4.jpg  

raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 07:33   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
As someone else had pointed out, this is an excellent safety feature. Any safety feature however small is a very valuable addition according to me. For all we know, this may save someone's life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
I read somewhere that this would provide the GPS co-ordinates of the location where the car is. I am not sure if there is a better method of providing the current location, but am slightly worried that our safety systems (or the people handling them) would be confused by them at the beginning. But still some thing is better than nothing right?
Old 9th May 2013, 08:11   #824
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Noticed one Ecosport from the media drive with beige interiors. Only the boot pictures available though
I maybe wrong, but it looks like a case of bad camera / lighting.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 12:43   #825
BHPian

Was the media given the "powershift"/automatic tranny version ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks