Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2013, 15:09   #691
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrvSafe View Post
For the past two weeks I'm seeing her daily in the parking lot. I'm falling in love with this beauty . Today two new chicks was parked next to her. So as usual took some more snaps .
Oh boy.. you have posted all possible snaps folks here were looking for. The design is indeed futuristic (or call it as different) than other cars in the pics. Definitely will be head turner on the roads. Just have to be priced rightly. That is it.
Old 27th April 2013, 15:14   #692
Senior - BHPian

Just realizing that the Swift is actually pretty tall, for the fun to drive hot hatch it actually is. Parked beside the Hyundai i20 and especially the VW Polo, the EcoSport looks much Taller, Stronger and Sharper

Ok, that was a straight lift from a health drink advertisement, but my point is, the EcoSport does look like what a mini-SUV should look like. I especially like the macho front end and the hot looking tail-lamps sitting pretty, on either side of the butch looking alloy wheel mounted on the swing gate.
Overall a smart looking Urban SUV, well turned out -

Last edited by aravind.anand : 27th April 2013 at 15:15.
Old 27th April 2013, 19:53   #693
Senior - BHPian

Went and saw it again second impressions are more rational. The car is well put together has decent equipment levels acceptable quality interiors and great engine options. But, it remains a small car, period. If you are a small family largely urban and occassionally 5 seats then its for you. If you are upgrading from a hatch, this isnt if your prime requirement is space. For all other reasons this is a car to go for! Now Gimme a kuga ford cause I need space. Else the duster it is for me.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 10:25   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Went and saw it again second impressions are more rational. The car is well put together has decent equipment levels acceptable quality interiors and great engine options. But, it remains a small car, period. If you are a small family largely urban and occassionally 5 seats then its for you. If you are upgrading from a hatch, this isnt if your prime requirement is space. For all other reasons this is a car to go for! Now Gimme a kuga ford cause I need space. Else the duster it is for me.
My reactions on seeing it in the flesh. It is a CU-SUV (Compact Urban SUV). More so after the 4x4 version will be released.
I just cannot consider a Duster as I need an AT gearbox & full 6 airbags with petrol engine.

But for upgrading from our Fusion Ecoport does not make very good sense. It is a pure 2+2 seater for urban rides & a good 2 seater for multiday jaunts.(possibly with a small kid in tow.)

Compared to the Fusion the seating ergonomics are better, but seating width & luggage room is lesser. The front seats are well protected in the case of side impacts due to the way the doors bulge out to the rear. Plastics & Seat fabrics quality better that what it was in the Fusion when it was purchased

Ford chaps do not seem to know how to count. The pretty girl giving a marketing spiel, as briefed by Ford, said the vehicle on display had 2 airbags & that the higher variant would have 4 airbags. But on the vehicle I could see the "SRS System" labels on the sides of the front seats. So clearly it is 4 airbags. And the top version will have side curtain airbags, & if the photo on the website is to be trusted, knee airbag for the driver. making 7 in all.

Now if Ford brings in the Kuga real quick we may end up buying both the vehicles in 2 stages. Otherwise I am left with no option but to wait & go in for a Koleos or CRV.(will be a long wait indeed to collect Vitamin-M.)
Old 28th April 2013, 13:35   #695
BHPian

Ecosport the "Honest" Review

1)Has the best road presence and looks in its class - compact suv (even when compared to the hatchback segment)
2) If your are thinking of upgrading from a hatchback to this car it wont make much of a sense,as it isn`t that spacious than regular hatchback from the inside.You will just get a decent sized boot and just a better visibility because of the height
3)If you are just a couple with no one sitting in the rear then its a good buy
4)Quality of exterior is excellent,very difficult to find any flaws there
5)quality of interiors is debatable as and when the prices are announced,if the pricing is too high then the quality of interiors used is a dud,However overall the quality all round isnt too bad.Its one notch better than the figo
6)Will appeal to the hatchback segment buyers the most,reason being a person who can afford a proper suv wont even look at this car because of its lack of space inside when compared to a regular sized suv.
Please feel free to add if any point is missed out.
Old 28th April 2013, 13:42   #696
BHPian

As per Hormazd Sorabjee's recent tweets, we can expect EcoSport launch next month. I read one article which said Ford has already started producing EcoSport with launch in May and deliveries starting in June.
Attached Images

Old 28th April 2013, 13:55   #697
BHPian

one of my college pals got through the urban discovery contest from bangalore. He will be getting the car for a month in May. Will post more details as I get them!
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 14:04   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Some logical thinking has to be here, when folks are comparing things. You cannot compare Jack Fruit and Apple in terms of sizing. But for its taste, sweetness, Yes. That's what i am trying to put up here. Just go through this thread few pages from here. You will find all sorts of bleak comparisons.
OT: Going by your logic, why would Ford shape what is essentially an apple to look like a Jackfruit? If you make an apple sized Jackfruit, people will compare it to other real jackfruits and make fun of its dimunitive size.

Coming back to the EcoSport, what attributes of a Sports Utility Vehicle does it possess apart from the last one i.e. Vehicle? It is a hatchback with a spare wheel, and when compared as such, it seems to be a very good car. The problems start when one wants to compare it to a Scorpio, Duster, Xylo or anything upward. and Bala, you cannot stop people from comparing between segments and products. if someone plonks in their hard earned cash on a EcoSport he/she is right in comparing it with any vehicle he/she gets for the same money.
Old 28th April 2013, 14:24   #699
BHPian

here`s a youtube video of Ford at Bangkok talking about the ecosport,watch from 5 min onwards for the details of ecosport

Old 28th April 2013, 15:49   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Ford chaps do not seem to know how to count. The pretty girl giving a marketing spiel, as briefed by Ford, said the vehicle on display had 2 airbags & that the higher variant would have 4 airbags. But on the vehicle I could see the "SRS System" labels on the sides of the front seats. So clearly it is 4 airbags. And the top version will have side curtain airbags, & if the photo on the website is to be trusted, knee airbag for the driver. making 7 in all.
You are being way too generous by calling them pretty! BTW, on display was the 1ltr Ecoboost titanium. When i asked them whats more to expect in the Titanium +, she said its a 1.5ltr Diesel and i knew at that moment that i should stop asking any more questions.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th April 2013 at 07:01. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 28th April 2013, 16:15   #701
BHPian

Thinking of canceling my Amaze booking, esp. dissatisfied with dealer practices. Again called up my Ford dealer. No update on booking policy or official launch dates. But seems all information sharing & training has been completed. Launch should be around the corner.
Old 28th April 2013, 18:12   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
Thinking of canceling my Amaze booking, esp. dissatisfied with dealer practices. Again called up my Ford dealer. No update on booking policy or official launch dates. But seems all information sharing & training has been completed. Launch should be around the corner.
If Ecosport is launched at a good price then dealing with Ford dealers will be no different. So I recommend you checkout their response to the launch and then cancel amaze booking.
Old 28th April 2013, 18:22   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
here`s a Youtube video of Ford at Bangkok talking about the ecosport,watch from 5 min onwards for the details of ecosport
I like the spare wheel cover shown at this expo on both the cars. Havent seen this on any of the Indian snaps. Ford India should give this as an option to buyers.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th April 2013 at 07:11. Reason: Removed video embed from quoted post for benefit of mobile users.
Old 28th April 2013, 18:27   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
I think if you can cancel your booking and wait for next 30 days it will be worth trying out the EcoSport and then take your call. It seems we are very close to the launch of EcoSport as editors from CarDekho and TheAutomotiveIndia have confirmed road testing and review of EcoSport in early May.

CarDekho
"The Ford Ecosport launch isn’t that far and we can expect the deliveries to start in June. The company has already begun the production of this SUV, and we will be able to share a review possibly in the first half of May."

TheAutomotiveIndia
"The Automotive India is road testing upcoming Ford Ecosport in the early May. Please bring on all the questions so that we can get them clarified then and there.

Drive Safe,
350Z"

In fact in my post earlier today I have quoted Hormazd Sorabjee who is also expecting the launch next month.
Old 28th April 2013, 23:46   #705
Distinguished - BHPian

While we all wait on Ford to launch the EcoSport, here's something for a laugh - the EcoSport's predecessor:

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks