Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 16:55   #541
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

^ Duster is in C2.
Ecosport is sub-4m, thereby comparisons to C1 cars.
Old 11th April 2013, 17:10   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Why are some guys comparing Ecosport with Amaze? Do they belong to same class? Compare Ecosport to Duster and Amaze to Dzire. Please, refrain from mixing up segments. What is the rationale for this comparison? An SUV buyer tired of waiting for Ecosport would buy a Duster. Not Amaze. Similarly, someone tired of waiting for Amaze may go buy a Dzire but not Duster or Ecosport.
The Indian customer in known for cross-shopping, whether we agree with the rationale or not.

I, for example, will shortly seek a replacement for my wife's Santro AT. The Amaze AT is a contender and so is the Ecosport. That is why it is critical for Ford to pay attention to what is happening in the market. An overpriced Ecosport will be ruled out of my list. I don't care for body style, I want a safe, efficient car, max 4 meters long. I will buy whatever suits my needs at a price that I consider value for money.
Old 11th April 2013, 17:10   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the Ecosport drive past, in Jayanagar. It looks like the front has been pulled to be elongated, and the rear seems short on space - like it is. The presence is more because of the front end looks.

Duster looks more subtle in comparison.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 17:24   #544
BHPian

Does the spare tyre get a cover like we see on old Safari??
The tyre without cover looks great, but once the tyre gets dirty/used it is not going to look great.

Quote:
Why are some guys comparing Ecosport with Amaze? Do they belong to same class? Compare Ecosport to Duster and Amaze to Dzire. Please, refrain from mixing up segments. What is the rationale for this comparison? An SUV buyer tired of waiting for Ecosport would buy a Duster. Not Amaze. Similarly, someone tired of waiting for Amaze may go buy a Dzire but not Duster or Ecosport.
Ecosport is not aimed at SUV lovers, but also at premium hatch buyers and sedan buyers. A true SUV lover may never even consider the ecosport.
I am no SUV lover and I am considering the ecosport. If not priced well, I will consider the i20. Now can you compare i20 to ecosport?
I am following the ecosport since more than a year. I am seriously considering the i20 after I saw the ecosport in flesh. There will be several like me out there. Ford for sure will lose atleast 20% of its prospects to the amaze because of the image Honda carries and also we Indians are impatient.
Just my 2 cents

Last edited by zteg : 11th April 2013 at 17:32.
Old 11th April 2013, 18:37   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
The Indian customer in known for cross-shopping, whether we agree with the rationale or not.

I, for example, will shortly seek a replacement for my wife's Santro AT. The Amaze AT is a contender and so is the Ecosport. That is why it is critical for Ford to pay attention to what is happening in the market. An overpriced Ecosport will be ruled out of my list. I don't care for body style, I want a safe, efficient car, max 4 meters long. I will buy whatever suits my needs at a price that I consider value for money.
I agree. In fact compare the size of EcoSport with Duster and you realize that it is much smaller and hence its in a different segment. Just like Indigo cannot be compared to Manza, I feel EcoSport cannot be compared to Duster. Though Ford will like to do that so that they can price it higher.

The fact of the matter is positioning of EcoSport and Amaze is similar - both are city vehicles where space is a major constraint and at the same time you want to upgrade from a hatchback.

Given the aggressive price of Amaze and considering the specs of its base variant, I think EcoSport priced at 5.49L will be a killer.

In fact, I am happy that EcoSport is not launched yet. Ford folks will definitely have a re-look at the pricing of EcoSport after Amaze launch.

Last edited by damager21 : 11th April 2013 at 18:40.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 18:53   #546
BHPian

Now that the Honda Amaze has been launched with diesel price starting from 6l till 7.6 ford should either price the Ecosport within this range or charge a slight premium of 10 to 15k over the amaze to get decent sales. Anything more and its good bye ford!!

The Ecosport and amaze are two different cars but we all know that we Indians dont pick cars based solely on body styles,not in this segment.
Ford should offer the beige interior package and launch the car soon to negate the success of the amaze which will definitely have huge waiting periods!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post

Given the aggressive price of Amaze and considering the specs of its base variant, I think EcoSport priced at 5.49L will be a killer.

In fact, I am happy that EcoSport is not launched yet. Ford folks will definitely have a re-look at the pricing of EcoSport after Amaze launch.
After the launch of the amaze with really good pricing,If Ford still wants to price the ecosport closer the duster i guess they should give up since the ecosport is naturally going to be compared with the amaze.

Ford should not look at a price range of 7 to 9 lakhs rather a range from 6 to 8 would be better with at least ABS standard across all models.
Old 11th April 2013, 21:34   #547
BANNED

Hi All,

Saw the ECOSPORT in flesh yesterday and yes i liked it a lot,the engine is also smooth ,but dont expect great leg space in front and rear if you are 5.8 ft Plus.

Some features i expected but not available are
Engine start/stop button Like micra
Rear parking sensor/camera
Boot release button on remote

As far as the seat materials are concerned,i could see that it a cover over the original seats and not the actual seats and the driver seat height adjustment has lot of travel ,which would be advantageous for women drivers.

Overall a good package ,hope Ford doesnt do the pricing mistake like new fiesta.
Old 11th April 2013, 21:42   #548
BHPian

Well I have a query here. Since the Auto Box will come only with a 1.5L petrol motor will it not attract 24% excise duty instead of 12%. My concern is not pay the higher excise duty as I feel that the higher excise duty charged by the government is very much unreasonable and unscientific. The government does not provide good roads, the villagers lay their own speed breakers which are difficult even for an suv to clear. However I have been waiting for a compact automatic suv and the Ecosport meets most of my requirements but if I have to pay 24% excise duty well I will have to think of other options.
Old 11th April 2013, 21:47   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Engine options, Transmissions, Dimensions, Features, Test Mules, Public Appearances & even a ECOSPORT marketing campaign website.

Now we know almost everything about the ECOSPORT other than a launch date.

Last edited by karan561 : 11th April 2013 at 21:56.
Old 11th April 2013, 22:10   #550
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 13th April 2013 at 16:36.
Dr.Abhi is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th April 2013, 23:18   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
If that is the case, I suggest you forget Honda and look Nissan Sunny up. Just see the rear leg room of Sunny. Not for nothing they call it caaaaar. Mind boggling leg room. And the features? Keyless entry, push-button start, CVT AT which beats MT cars in FE. You can't get a better deal than this. And it won't be too far over Amaze's price but size wise, it looks two segments up on Amaze.
Old 12th April 2013, 03:02   #552
BHPian

Quote:
If that is the case, I suggest you forget Honda and look Nissan Sunny up. Just see the rear leg room of Sunny. Not for nothing they call it caaaaar. Mind boggling leg room. And the features? Keyless entry, push-button start, CVT AT which beats MT cars in FE. You can't get a better deal than this. And it won't be too far over Amaze's price but size wise, it looks two segments up on Amaze.
I think the main reason apart from price, that people look forward to the ecosport and Amaze too for that matter, is that they are <4 m in length. That way, they are more manageable in the ever growing congested roads of our cities.

Though sunny might be big on space and VFM, it will be really a pain for one to navigate it through the congested roads of our cities. This is the main reason, though of different body build, they often get compared together.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 08:26   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
I think the main reason apart from price, that people look forward to the ecosport and Amaze too for that matter, is that they are <4 m in length. That way, they are more manageable in the ever growing congested roads of our cities.

Though sunny might be big on space and VFM, it will be really a pain for one to navigate it through the congested roads of our cities. This is the main reason, though of different body build, they often get compared together.
Exactly, thank you drpudhi. I do not want a car as long as the Sunny. Space inside is not a priority. Overall size is. 95% of the time, the car will have 1-2 people in it.

On an unrelated point, I think Ford will screw up with the pricing for the AT variant at least. The Amaze is priced well because of the under 4m excise benefit. Ford will lose that by using the 1.5l petrol in the AT car - therefore, in my opinion, that variant will end up costing close to Fiesta AT prices.

Last edited by StarScream : 12th April 2013 at 08:33. Reason: additional point
Old 12th April 2013, 09:22   #554
BHPian

imo ecosport is more than a match atleast in looks against duster. Dusters extra length is also visually compensated by ecosports tailgate mounted stepney. Wish ecosport had few extra litres in boot. Looks wise i find ecosport smashing from all angles.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-dustervsecosport2.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-dustervsecosport5.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-dustervsecosport6.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th April 2013 at 10:42.
Old 12th April 2013, 10:25   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
I was waiting to see the Ford Eco-sport in Chennai on April 12/13(right?).I had to travel suddenly and i am returning on 14 only which is a sunday. I hope the Eco-sport is still on display in EA Mall on sunday too considering its a holiday. Does anyone have any more information on it?
It will be on display from 12th to 14th April 2013 as per their email.

Venue: Express Avenue, No: 2, Club House Road, Mount Road, Chennai - 2.

Quote:
I am in Dubai now and after looking at all these huge butch monster SUVs, i think I am going to hate the Ecosport since it is going to look even more smaller in my eyes.
True. Its after all a compact SUV.

It might not make sense to go for such cars leaving our current sedans behind. It may be worth looking at this for someone who is actually looking for a replacement or upgrade from B2 hatches - It cant come into full sized SUV's territory such as Bolero/Scorpio/Safari for sure.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks