Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2013, 21:28   #571
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Finally caught a sight of one!

Saw a yellow EcoSport Titanium with red TC plate on the highway as I was coming in from a side road. There was traffic, so I was not able to catch up as it zoomed ahead in traffic. It has awesome road presence and the driver was able to move it around traffic quite easily. From the back, it doesn't look like a sub-4m car. It looked somewhat like a miniature range rover.
Old 12th April 2013, 22:02   #572
Senior - BHPian

Guys in case this hasn't been discussed already, got to know from one of Ford's supplier that launch will happen around June based on the plan given to them.
Old 13th April 2013, 12:23   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

My gutfeel is that the Amaze and the Ecosport will be in different Price segments and the Ecosport will start at a price point where the Amaze ends.
For the diesel version, you can expect a starting price of 7.9 lacs and will go upto 10.5 lacs (probably 4 variants). For Petrol, they may start with 6.9 lacs (1L ecoboost) and go upto 10 lacs for the 1.5L AT.
Regards,
Behemoth
If Ford is planning on launching the fiesta hatchback by next year(new gen expected ) then as you have said we should not expect the ecosport to be priced near the amaze, it would simply overlap with the fiesta hatch..In that case i expect good interior quality and equipment that we expect of a 10lakh car!
If ford has no plans for the fiesta hatch in India then i expect similar pricing with the amaze. I hope ford atleast announces the price sooner.Deliveries can happen as planned for June .

All this talk of localization, is not going to sway the already "Amazed" crowed over to ford unless they get to see the car with the price attached to it!!

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 13th April 2013 at 12:25.
Old 14th April 2013, 00:02   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I agree. In fact compare the size of EcoSport with Duster and you realize that it is much smaller and hence its in a different segment. Just like Indigo cannot be compared to Manza, I feel EcoSport cannot be compared to Duster. Though Ford will like to do that so that they can price it higher.
Many of us have been talking about how Duster is bigger than the Ecosport, including myself. However, what all of us need to keep in mind is that the Duster is bigger only in its boot space, with minimal difference in leg room or shoulder room.

How often do we fill the boot to the brim? 5%? 10% of the overall mileage? Does it even matter to the extent of deciding which car to buy? Not to me at least..

I dont see why Ford need to be apologetic about the lesser boot space and price it lesser. it is a different story that considering the market dynamics, their own efforts to localize the product, we may be in for a treat, but thats just a wish
Old 14th April 2013, 00:07   #575
BHPian

sub 4m length & ecoboost 1L engine means they will have excise duty benefits on both fronts, so it doesn't make sense if it is priced on par with the Duster
Old 14th April 2013, 07:31   #576

I fully think amaze vs EcoSport are justified. We were veering towards Ecosport and the endless delays and negative press about rear space makes me think if the ecosport is what we want. then you have amaze with a diesel mill. great reviews and it is a HONDA !!! period !!

Being a two generation honda city owner, now i am starting to think and mind you i know the difference between a SUV, crossover and a sedan . But when it comes to parting my cash VFM takes precedence in < 10 L segment and the lines get blurred. personally believe 30 % of ecosport customers would be the ones who would want to get only a SUV looking vehicle as for the rest the definition is based on which vehicle tugs their heart from a VFM perspective.
haripi2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 09:02   #577
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmokid View Post
Many of us have been talking about how Duster is bigger than the Ecosport, including myself. However, what all of us need to keep in mind is that the Duster is bigger only in its boot space, with minimal difference in leg room or shoulder room.

I dont see why Ford need to be apologetic about the lesser boot space and price it lesser. it is a different story that considering the market dynamics, their own efforts to localize the product, we may be in for a treat, but thats just a wish
Completely agree with this point. It is what I wrote in my impressions of the EcoSport after checking it out at Mall.

Quote:
How often do we fill the boot to the brim? 5%? 10% of the overall mileage? Does it even matter to the extent of deciding which car to buy? Not to me at least..
You can't generalise your scenario in case of everyone. Granted that some of us(including me) would be looking at both these SUV's as mainly Urban runabouts, there are many who make frequent highway runs and the 350L boot on the EcoSport may be a dampener for them.
and that is the only real positive for the Duster(from what I have seen).

We are yet to check out the Drivetrain performance and the Ride & Handling

But as they say, Proof is in the Pudding...
Ford, just let us taste it!!

Last edited by agambhandari : 14th April 2013 at 09:03.
Old 14th April 2013, 09:54   #578
BHPian

Some more pictures

Had a very close look at the Eco-Sport Yesterday in an unexpected place. This one was the 1.5 L Diesel which is not doing the display rounds. The vehicle has substantial presence if one has a look at it directly. The exteriors are really impressive. It seems that Ford had really done their homework to make it a baby SUV and not a hatch-on-steroids. And the interiors are also very well integrated and felt long lasting. The interiors really felt to be of a very good quality and well screwed together. This still cannot be compared to the I20 with its soft touch plastic et all, but it is definitely better than the Ford Classic. That being said, I was requested not to take any pictures of the interiors.

I didn't get to drive the vehicle to see how it behaves on the road. It seems that bookings would open around Mid-May so I guess the deliveries would start around June as others have stated. I spoke to some dealers and they told that the expected pricing of both petrol and diesel to be around 7L – 9L on the road. The reason being that they are importing the EcoBoost engine as a CBU from US of A. So that increases the cost of the petrol versions. I am under the impression that this is a bit optimistic (at least for the diesel) and the pricing would touch around 10L on the road. But we might want to wait and see. Also the localization currently stands at 90% which helps Ford in keeping prices low.

Front View:
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-front_view.jpg

Side View:
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-side_view.jpg

Me:
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-with_me.jpg
IamSaran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 11:12   #579
BANNED

Re: Some more pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSaran View Post
I spoke to some dealers and they told that the expected pricing of both petrol and diesel to be around 7L – 9L on the road. The reason being that they are importing the EcoBoost engine as a CBU from US of A. So that increases the cost of the petrol versions.
While your reason is perfectly Valid, if Ford prices the EcoBoost on par with the 1.5 Diesel. We have a .
I highly doubt if Ford will do that when it has been going on and on about the EcoBoost benefits.
Old 14th April 2013, 11:25   #580
BHPian

Re: Some more pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSaran View Post
Had a very close look at the Eco-Sport Yesterday in an unexpected place.
How tall are you Saran?

The last picture where you stand besides the Ecosport makes it look really short since the roof aligns to your shoulder.
Old 14th April 2013, 11:25   #581
Team-BHP Support

Just observed now. How come the fog lamps come out? Most cases I have only seen them housed nicely inside. Here it seems to come out!
Old 14th April 2013, 18:29   #582
BHPian

I think dark color interiors is creating this illusion of lack of space. In fact even when I saw the vehicle in Mumbai, I felt that the space at rear was limited.

Can I request someone from Chennai/Jaipur who is visiting today or someone from Hyderabad/ Ahmadabad who is visiting next week to carry a measurement tape and note the length of rear seat.

We could compare this length with Innova and other cars to know whether indeed rear seat width is actually limited or is it just an illusion.
Old 14th April 2013, 18:49   #583
BANNED

Quote:
I think dark color interiors is creating this illusion of lack of space. In fact even when I saw the vehicle in Mumbai, I felt that the space at rear was limited.

Can I request someone from Chennai/Jaipur who is visiting today or someone from Hyderabad/ Ahmadabad who is visiting next week to carry a measurement tape and note the length of rear seat.

We could compare this length with Innova and other cars to know whether indeed rear seat width is actually limited or is it just an illusion.
Don't go comparing the EcoSport with Innova, no prizes for guessing the winner there! Keep the Comparison limited to C2 Sedans (at the most).
It is Swift-class space at the rear.

I believe it would be difficult for a regular guy to measure the seats according to a standardised technique(as followed in magazines).
Old 14th April 2013, 19:57   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
While your reason is perfectly Valid, if Ford prices the EcoBoost on par with the 1.5 Diesel. We have a .
I highly doubt if Ford will do that when it has been going on and on about the EcoBoost benefits.
Exactly the point which makes me think otherwise. They would definitely use the opportunity for pricing it on a higher side since this is one of a kind engine right? If they have a normal petrol engine, I would think it would be priced lower. But this is a premium engine and I think they would want to price it a little on the higher side (at least at the start!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
How tall are you Saran?

The last picture where you stand besides the Ecosport makes it look really short since the roof aligns to your shoulder.
I am exactly 6 ft tall. The car is 5 ft tall I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just observed now. How come the fog lamps come out? Most cases I have only seen them housed nicely inside. Here it seems to come out!
Optical illusion... When we looked at it directly it aligned with the bumper.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Don't go comparing the EcoSport with Innova, no prizes for guessing the winner there! Keep the Comparison limited to C2 Sedans (at the most).
It is Swift-class space at the rear.

I believe it would be difficult for a regular guy to measure the seats according to a standardized technique(as followed in magazines).
The read space is better than the swift. It would be more or less equal to I20 in my opinion. I adjusted the driver's seat for my height and then sat at the rear. I had absolutely no problem/discomfort. Did anyone mention that there is a rear seat recline option? And also this car is a four seater for guys of my size but three persons with normal build should do just fine if they don't mind rubbing each other from time to time!
IamSaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 20:04   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Candidate for potentially scrapping something during sharp turns.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks