Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2013, 19:43   #751
Senior - BHPian

Paid a visit to talera ford Pune. Said possible launch date is 22-23 May and he already has 60 pre-bookings. The ones he took a few months ago and then stopped taking. When asked for pricing he wasn't forth coming. And when asked him what chance do I have of getting the car anytime soon after launch if he already has 60 lined up, he said - sir stock acha allocate hoga humko.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 4th May 2013 at 19:45.
Old 4th May 2013, 19:47   #752
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I am not sure if the Ecosport look miniscule when viewed side by side with the Duster. You should be able to gauge better as you have seen it in person

When I saw the Duster on the roads, it actually did not look that big. Probably the cleaner lines give it a better presence on road compared to the Ford. Length-wise (and wheelbase) the Duster have an upper hand, but Ecosport is wider and probably taller.

IMO, anything above 10lakhs on-road is a bit too steep for budget crossovers.
I have not viewed them side by side, to make a judgement, I have seem the Duster beside the I20 and it is larger dimensionally, and I have seen the EcoSport besides the Swift (in a pic in this very thread), and EcoSport is marginally taller than the Swift, same size otherwise and shorter than the Wagon R. So by deduction I presume that the EcoSport is a size smaller than the Duster. However size is not a factor in the cost price, and if EcoSport is got more features, drives better than the Duster then it may command a premium over the car.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 21:16   #753
BHPian

Of all the EcoSport variants, undoubtedly Titanium is the best option. Having said that, I feel if following 2 features were offered in Trend, it would have been an ideal option for most:

- Dual airbags
- Reverse parking sensors

I feel its high time that manufacturer like Ford gave priority to safety even if they were to charge a higher price and offered Airbags as a standard feature across variants. Moreover, given the size of EcoSport and limited rear view it offers, I think safety gets hugely compromised without reverse parking sensors.

Other features like leather-wrapped steering wheel, climate control, cooled glovebox, 16" alloy wheels, front arm rest, lumbar support, SYNC, chrome exteriors, roof rails, front fog lamps, side & curtain airbags, leather seats, keyless entry and push button start system, clearly helps Ford charge a premium if a buyer is interested in these fancy features.
Old 4th May 2013, 21:38   #754
BHPian

A small request to whomever from Team-Bhp will be attending the Goa jamboree of the Ecosport:-

1. Pls find out if they plan to bring in a 4x4 version later on & whether it would come with an AT box.
2. Do they have any time-frame for the Kuga launch?

Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 23:27   #755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I have not viewed them side by side, to make a judgement, I have seem the Duster beside the I20 and it is larger dimensionally, and I have seen the EcoSport besides the Swift (in a pic in this very thread), and EcoSport is marginally taller than the Swift, same size otherwise and shorter than the Wagon R. So by deduction I presume that the EcoSport is a size smaller than the Duster. However size is not a factor in the cost price, and if EcoSport is got more features, drives better than the Duster then it may command a premium over the car.
See this comparison by a Brazilian magazine - http://revistaautoesporte.globo.com/...ARA+RIVAL.html
Old 5th May 2013, 06:57   #756
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Ford is about to do what it is doing best.. Goof up with the pricing again !!

1.5 ltr petrol on a sub 4m car ? Which translates to more excise duty !!
To make this base trims look teasing against high end/Diesel Ford needs to keep a gap of 1 lakh+ Which means Diesel and ecoboost will easily be 40-50K costlier than what it should have been !!

I am hoping for a surprise by ford where Petrol 1.5ltr and Diesel 1.5ltr have a difference of just 40-50K (because Diesel gets Excise duty benefits!!). Anything else..Ford you are greedy!!
Old 5th May 2013, 08:45   #757
Distinguished - BHPian

For all the comparisons we are making, I think the EcoSport is best compared to the Rio !

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2013 at 16:44. Reason: ES expanded to EcoSport as per our new rule of avoiding car names as acronyms (confusing to first time readers). Thanks.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 09:19   #758
BHPian

on 28th of april 2013, when i was travelling by my scorpio from chennai to salem via villupuram, i saw 4 number of ecosports being taken to showrooms i believe. they were driving quite fast on the road and would have been doing easy 130KMPH. The car looked good on the road and it was quite rapidly moving in the traffic also. The headlights were reasonable and tail lamps also gave a distinct look as these were seen during the dusk-dark time in the evening. I think this machine could be a real deal for Ford soon
Old 5th May 2013, 12:56   #759
Senior - BHPian

I guess I am not the only one who has been waiting on Ecosport's launch and has just gotten tired of reading all the threads on TBHP . Reading some of the pricing info that has been floating around I am beginning to suspect that its definitely not going to be lessons learnt by Ford, but at the same time I think it will still sell reasonable numbers considering Duster's volumes.

Overall whether buying a full fledged C+ sedan vs a Ecosport is concerned, it will be a easy decision for someone like me considering the better value proposition a sedan offers against higher ground clearance of ecosport. Just a random thought.
Old 5th May 2013, 14:02   #760
BHPian

was seeing overdrive and in the question answer section a viewer asked the same question which all of us wants answer to
Q)Which compact suv should one buy Duster or Ecosport?
A) Wait till 7 may 2013,allqueries will be cleared during the Goa drive
and on 11th may all details will be available as to the launch and pricing:-)
vineetg84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 16:10   #761
Senior - BHPian

A little birdie told me that Ford is all set for the Ecosport official launch later this month.
Old 5th May 2013, 17:59   #762
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Why two petrol engines?? Why not just plonk the 1.0 ecoboost in all petrol variants and enjoy the excise benefits?? Let's face it, it's still a diesel market out there!!

Ford is unnecessarily complicating things. First with the new Fiesta where they could have reduced prices by a good 50k had they done away with the voice controls in the top variant. Now, this!!
You are not completely wrong in thinking this. But also see this:

-The 1.0 EcoBoost attracts a hefty import duty as well(even though it is <1.2L), so the net cost price might very well turn out to be larger than 1.5L
-1.5 L engine is locally produced and shared with the Fiesta, so obvious cost benefits for this engine.
-The Ecoboost will eventually be made in India as well, possibly also put in the facelifted Fiesta. But even then, EcoBoost will be marginally more expensive to manufacture the EcoBoost than the Ti-VCT 1.5.

It would be very interesting to find out the import duty.

So it is Lower Manufacture Costs+ Higher Excise for 1.5L + Lower import duty. OR the High Manufacture Costs + Lower Excise for 1.0 + Import duty
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 11:00   #763
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if this is a duplicate but did someone already mention that the Ecosport rear view mirrors don't move the wrong way?

I tried moving them beyond the normal range of operation, like most cars these days have to prevent them from breaking. It didn't work on the Ecosport. Could turn out to be expensive esp the way cars are parked in my office parking/malls and people walk with backpacks between cars.
Old 6th May 2013, 13:23   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Of all the EcoSport variants, undoubtedly Titanium is the best option. Having said that, I feel if following 2 features were offered in Trend, it would have been an ideal option for most:

- Dual airbags
- Reverse parking sensors

I feel its high time that manufacturer like Ford gave priority to safety even if they were to charge a higher price and offered Airbags as a standard feature across variants. Moreover, given the size of EcoSport and limited rear view it offers, I think safety gets hugely compromised without reverse parking sensors.
Yes, Trend would have been the ideal choice with those two features. Unfortunately, it wouldn't have been that great for Ford. They'd obviously want everyone to buy the highest end model possible so as to maximize their profits. This is pure business. How it pans out is anyone's guess.

Although to their credit, they did give safety a priority with the New Ford Fiesta. We all know how that went.
Old 6th May 2013, 13:58   #765
BHPian

I think they have got it almost perfect on the variants front
How many manufacturers offer telescopic steering and a Bluetooth enabled music system in the base variant. Regarding safety they have realised that its not what makes a car sell in India.
The Trend version has almost every basic essentials covered. Any-day I would choose ABS over airbags if I have to choose to, however airbags would have added more value(and cost) to this variant.
Titanium and Titanium plus: Definition of "Bells and Whistles" is best answered in this variant.
IMO Trend Variant makes an excellent buy. Fingers crossed on the pricing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks