Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2013, 11:42   #886
BANNED

Re: Ford India equips EcoSport with life-saving system

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post

No offence, but has either of you ever had to use emergency services in India? I have. Three times.

Once I called 100 from my phone. Police was there in 10 minutes. Two other times while I was involved in a road accident, passers-by called 108. Ambulance was there in 10 minutes in the first instance and 5 minutes in the second instance.

On topic:

Instead of deriding India's emergency response system, we should be appreciative that at least one car company has done something which could be potentially life saving in case of an accident.
Agree, 10 minutes is usually the most it takes for the Ambulance to reach a place in my city.
Infact, they don't give up even when somebody tells them that the patient has been helped. I saw an accident happen in front of my house, Dad called 108. Ambulance was on the way, but in the meantime, a passerby helped the victims and took them to the hospital in his car.
So we tried to call 108 to tell them not to come there, but they were already halfway within 3-4 minutes.
Due to a communication error, they reached very close to the spot before they could verify that my Dad was originally the one who informed them about the accident(so only he can cancel the ambulance)
Old 12th May 2013, 11:48   #887
BHPian

Quote:

No offence, but has either of you ever had to use emergency services in India? I have. Three times.

Once I called 100 from my phone. Police was there in 10 minutes. Two other times while I was involved in a road accident, passers-by called 108. Ambulance was there in 10 minutes in the first instance and 5 minutes in the second instance.

On topic:

Instead of deriding India's emergency response system, we should be appreciative that at least one car company has done something which could be potentially life saving in case of an accident.
None taken.
Yes i have experienced twice when no one picked up the phone. A number of my friends have also had similar experiences.Not while in metros / prime areas though. I am talking of India as a whole and not of metros/prime areas alone.

I do appreciate the effort by Ford. Here is it from my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
IMO its a start in the right direction which may make other manufacturers to incorporate the same, evolution, leading to a better and much more reliable solution finally.

Last edited by k2max6 : 12th May 2013 at 11:49.
Old 12th May 2013, 12:33   #888
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Was there any mention of beige interiors offered as an option??
The ecosport seems to have the same dull gray colour combination as that of the new fiesta which makes the interiors look cheap and claustrophobic. Ford could have gone for jet black interiors instead of this dull gray....
I Also wished for dark interiors, but now it looks dual tone like what you mentioned. Still I feel it is any day better than Biege.
Old 12th May 2013, 12:37   #889
BHPian

Re: Ford India equips EcoSport with life-saving system

Quote:

On topic:

No. Fortunately never yet. Not 100 and not 108.
my cynicism roots from overall behavior of police, from my friends, colleagues experience and mostly news items.
Secondly, again, not sure of the location, but I would find it highly unlikely that anyone would experience this in Non Metro (incl B'lore and Hyderabad)

No definitely, I like the concept. It is the question of application and practicality in Indian scenario.
Old 12th May 2013, 12:41   #890
BHPian

A request for the Team-bhp review.
GTO and vidyut, can you please include a section about the stock music system because it looks like replacing the HU with an aftermarket one will be a tough job.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by D4d-maniac : 12th May 2013 at 12:47.
Old 12th May 2013, 13:47   #891
BHPian

With the Ecosport launch around the corner the guys at J & J Motorwerks seem to have hit the bulls-eye with this mod job.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/jjmotorwerks
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-183149_507354465991517_1989193894_n.jpg  

speed kills is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 16:39   #892
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The Plastic quality isn't bad. It seems bad at first glance due to the texture of the plastic used on the dashboard. I haven't seen that sort of texture anywhere else.
I suspected correct, the weird texture on the dash has been specially created by "taking inspiration from the Plant cells".
Note to Ford: I am Biology XII (appearing) student and even I don't have a great liking to that texture. It may look like plant cells(under the microscope), but Plants sure don't look like that when most of us see them !

Also, the Ford press release highlights different upholstery for each variant. The base variant has a fabric that is called Patna!
Check it out below:
Quote:
The design team paid great attention to the smallest details inside the cabin, from seat fabrics to the grain on the door trim, to create an interior that appeals to the senses. If you look at the grain up close on the instrument panel and door trim, you’ll see little squares of varying sizes breaking up the uniformity and monotony of the dots. Inspired by cellular structures in plants, and named Squareflec, this grain gives the interior a very modern look.

The designers have also used insert fabrics with distinctive textures on the seats to differentiate one series from another. On the Ambiente series, they worked around the theme of “Techtronics” and included a fabric with a metallic yarn which gives the cloth more depth and a high-tech look. The colour and trim team named the fabric Patna after the capital of the Indian state of Bihar.

On the Trend series, the team was guided by the idea of “Modular” with geometric shapes. Part of the seat fabric is a circular knit called Beijin, inspired by China. The insert fabric, called Dali and inspired by India, is specially embossed to give the cloth a three-dimensional feel.

There are two options on the Titanium series – cloth and leather. For the cloth seats, the designers went for the motif of “Clay Art”, referencing painted pottery in China and Brazil. They used a microfiber fabric called Shanghai after China’s most populated city. Microfiber fabrics are extremely comfortable and easy to care for because they are water-repellent and resistant to stains. For customers opting for leather, the seats are clothed in premium Torino leather with contrasting Cabernet Red stitching.

Last edited by agambhandari : 12th May 2013 at 16:40.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 16:50   #893
BHPian

Quote:
A really good and detailed review(I guess second only to Team-Bhp)

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/ford-e...t-drive-review

But something I don't agree on is the quality of Interiors. It is much better than the Duster, no two ways about it.
0-100 timing of 10.8 secs is pretty good. So Ecosport might be fastest hatch/mini-SUV in the country when it is launched. Couple that to the ride and handling typical of a Ford and we have an enthusiast's choice.
Old 12th May 2013, 17:51   #894
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
0-100 timing of 10.8 secs is pretty good. So Ecosport might be fastest hatch/mini-SUV in the country when it is launched. Couple that to the ride and handling typical of a Ford and we have an enthusiast's choice.
Do keep in mind that Motorbeam.com used a word "around 10.8 sec",
so i don't think they used something like a VBOX.
So I suppose you should wait out for the figures from Autocar & Overdrive.

I do hope for a sub 11 second time, which certainely seems possible in the Ecoboost thanks to its healthy Power/Weight Ratio.
Old 12th May 2013, 18:38   #895
BHPian

What is up with Ford and their fetish for yellow colours? Are they aiming to sell to the girls? They've recently started with the Figo and now they've confirmed for the Eco Sport. Great. Just don't convert these cars into girl cars.
When Chevy Beat came out with the green colour and I saw the number of girls going for it, even silver colour or white colour seems girly. Hope for the best.
Old 12th May 2013, 18:43   #896
BHPian

btw what is the tyre size on 15" steel rims in lower variants.
I heard its 195/60-15.
If thats true, than the lower variants will be severely undertyred.
I've been thinking to swap the original tyres from day 1 with Bridgestone D684 205/70-15(which is ideal upgrade size for higher model's 205/60-16).
but if the lower variant tyres are 195/60-15, than the swap would be impossible in ambiente/ trend trim.
Any idea?

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 12th May 2013 at 18:45.
Old 12th May 2013, 19:47   #897
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
I heard its 195/60-15.
I've been thinking to swap the original tyres from day 1 with Bridgestone D684 205/70-15(which is ideal upgrade size for higher model's 205/60-16).
but if the lower variant tyres are 195/60-15, than the swap would be impossible in ambiente/ trend trim.
Any idea?
Pardon me, if I am wrong, but I suppose changing tyre and/or rim sizes can affect ABS and its application. The computers governing the ABS could go haywire since the overall diameter of the rolling tyre could change.
The ABS in a car is calibrated for the tyres that come on it factory fitted.

Not to forget, upsizing will void the warranty as well.

If you must change sizes, recommended Diameter difference should be 2.5%. The example that you gave causes a whopping 5.36% difference which is unacceptable. Also, it would create a large error in Speedometer reading .

If you can get the Ford showroom to programme the lower model's ABS to that of the higher model, it could work reasonably, but it still has 2.45% diameter more than the 16"

You can check for yourself here:
http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm

Last edited by agambhandari : 12th May 2013 at 19:52.
Old 12th May 2013, 20:14   #898
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:

Nope...no knowledge about beige interiors till now.
But the current interiors are not dull gray. They are jet black. The only part of interiors that is dull gray are the lower half of the dashboard which I feel is acceptable because black in that area would really make the car gloomy.
Infact, the whole upholstery(at least the leather on Titanium (O) is black. Don't know about basic models.

Another point I found out is how the European EcoSport(and also brazillian) is different from Indian one in the exteriors.

If you see in the above pic, the little silver lip on the Euro Ecosport has been left unpainted on the Indian one. The silver color actually makes it look like a skid plate underneath, not really functional, but at least cosmetically. In fact the silver one actually looks like a Ford's versions of the human lower lip! What is your take on this ? Silver or black? Which ones do you Bhpians prefer?

I like the European one better.(and those alloys!!)
I truly hope they launch with dark interiors. India is labouring under a surfeit of beige!
Of course the Euro car looks much nicer than the India car. The silver tip certainly gives the impression of a skid plate. I like that because it looks purposeful even if it isn't.
Frankly the only one worth buying will be the absolutely Top end one, Petrol or Diesel is no longer worth debating given their super little 1000 cc petrol EcoBoost engine. Tat is one thi they should not compromise for us in India. We too, deserve that EcoBoost engine...
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 22:31   #899
BHPian

Stumbled upon this thread pretty late. Parrys what a super detailed take on the whole thing, I loved it top to bottom. The little descriptive one liners of all the little things are just fantastic.

The massive rear clearance necessary for boot access, the cheap rubber flap, cooled glove compartment? Woah you've done an outstanding job here. I'm a very keen follower of this launch, and in fact I want to book this car once it's out. I'm so fond of the duster's styling, though I'm sure I'll test drive that car too.

Anyone notice the front headlamp design's a bit polo or vento'ish? I love the entire look of this car, even though it's managed to stay sub 4 meters, it doesn't look hideous like what Mahindra did with it's Quanto. Eugh.

EDIT - Watched that review of Autocar India and noticed the rear seats can be reclined too! Probably explains that slightly elevated rear parcel tray? On a completely different note, the lady doing that review takes such a terrible turn I kid you not. Just after she makes a comment regarding the 'superb driving dynamics'.

Last edited by ByDesign : 12th May 2013 at 22:50.
Old 12th May 2013, 22:40   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
I got a chance to look Ecosport in flesh at Hyderabad today.

Ecosport will be having two tire sizes 195/65 R15 91T (low variants) and
205/60 R16 92H ( high variants)
Attachment 1075782....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
I heard its 195/60-15.
Any idea?
Please see the pic in my earlier post above.

195/65 R15 91T (low variants)
205/60 R16 92H ( high variants)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks