Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2013, 10:38   #841
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

I will be surprised if Ford was to launch Titanium or Titanium+ above INR 10 lacs. XUV 500 is currently available in the price range of INR 12 - 14.5 lacs. If at all Ford was to price top variant of EcoSport at 11 or 12 lacs I think the base version of XUV 500 would still be a better buy considering it has the looks, loads of space at the rear, loaded with features and its a 7 seater.

Considering EcoSport will be a new launch, there will be zero discount at least for the next 6 months. On the other hand there are some discounts which are currently available on XUV500 like exchange bonus, corporate discount, etc. I am sure base version of XUV 500 can be bought for 11 - 11.5 lacs making it even more attractive.

I am from Mumbai so let me add that unlike Mahindra, Ford will have a different pricing for Delhi and Mumbai market. So whatever price EcoSport gets launched at, I will have to add 40K to that price for Mumbai.

I think 6 - 9.5 lacs would be the right pricing zone.
Old 10th May 2013, 12:06   #842
BHPian

Spot on answer for the pricing damager21. The xuv500 becomes suddenly vfm
Old 10th May 2013, 12:58   #843
BHPian

IMHO Ecosport should be priced lower then Duster. Renault increased Duster prices only after sales picked up. Duster top end is already in the XUV price range.
Old 10th May 2013, 15:41   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I will be surprised if Ford was to launch Titanium or Titanium+ above INR 10 lacs. XUV 500 is currently available in the price range of INR 12 - 14.5 lacs. If at all Ford was to price top variant of EcoSport at 11 or 12 lacs I think the base version of XUV 500 would still be a better buy considering it has the looks, loads of space at the rear, loaded with features and its a 7 seater.

Considering EcoSport will be a new launch, there will be zero discount at least for the next 6 months. On the other hand there are some discounts which are currently available on XUV500 like exchange bonus, corporate discount, etc. I am sure base version of XUV 500 can be bought for 11 - 11.5 lacs making it even more attractive.

I am from Mumbai so let me add that unlike Mahindra, Ford will have a different pricing for Delhi and Mumbai market. So whatever price EcoSport gets launched at, I will have to add 40K to that price for Mumbai.

I think 6 - 9.5 lacs would be the right pricing zone.
I think they can and will price it at 10+ lakhs for the top end. At the same price as the entry level XUV500 Ford will offer a car with six airbags, ESP, automatic transmission and all the other electronic wizardry we are hearing about.

The only advantage the entry-level XUV500 will have over this Ecosport variant will be space. That hasn't stopped the Duster from snapping at the XUVs heels, and arguably the Ecosport will have better interiors and fit/finish than the Duster.

6-9.5 lakhs seems too low to me. I think the pricing will be closer to 7.5-12 lakhs. I wish we could place bets on this forum
Old 10th May 2013, 15:50   #845
BHPian

Its like a jacked up i20. Prices should be jacked up likewise
Old 10th May 2013, 16:33   #846
Senior - BHPian

With Figo sales languishing at 3XXX per months can Ford afford to go wrong with the Eco Sport pricing. It is very dificult to revive a product once the market has rejected it irrespective of its capabilities. The Honda Jazz is a case in point.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 17:04   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
With Figo sales languishing at 3XXX per months can Ford afford to go wrong with the Eco Sport pricing. It is very dificult to revive a product once the market has rejected it irrespective of its capabilities. The Honda Jazz is a case in point.
That is the only hope I am having! With sales of Figo going South and Fiesta not even able to breach 3 figures, I am hoping against all odds that Ecosport will be in the range of 7-10.5 lacs. But, somewhere I know that it is surely gonna cost 11-12 for titanium variants!
Old 10th May 2013, 17:05   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
exactly, in today's competitive automobile market, its literally impossible to revive a failed product, especially because of inappropriate pricing. with so many examples from fords own fiesta 2012 to tata aria, honda jazz. People make a mindset that a particular product is expensive, which takes time to change and in todays time when a models life cycle is on decrease, it stands no chance to change that mindset in time.
Best strategy, launch a product competitively, garner substantial bookings and than hike the price(ala, duster). This way, the brand(car) becomes more visible and create a mindset that a particular model is successful and afterwards increase the price.

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 10th May 2013 at 17:07.
Dr.Abhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 20:54   #849
BHPian

Few photos of the media drive event uploaded by Ford can be found here

I am falling in love with the Mars red color

Isn't this GTO??
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-gto.jpg  

Last edited by zteg : 10th May 2013 at 21:04.
zteg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 22:07   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Few photos of the media drive event uploaded by Ford can be found here

I am falling in love with the Mars red color

Isn't this GTO??
That sure does look like him. And the other guy is Vidyut (vid6639)
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 23:15   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
So, now we can expect Ecosport review within a week
Old 11th May 2013, 00:43   #852
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Vidyut is Da Man. He can review cars with his eyes closed

Yes, that's vid and GTO. This is going to be one of the most anticipated reviews of the season!
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 03:12   #853
BHPian

First thread on this forum!!
If Ford prices the Ecosport correctly in our VFM market,its SUV looks and features will give a tough fight to C and C+ segment sedans for sure.Also Ford have more than enough capacity in India at their Chennai plant if I am not mistaken,and if they are able to roll out enough Ecosports from the production line to keep up with the demand if the prices are right to keep waiting periods to a minimum,people will flock in droves to pick up this car.

Our mini-SUV market sure is warming up first with this Ford,followed by Maruti,Honda,Hyundai and VW

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th May 2013 at 13:18. Reason: Please remember & practice what i pointed out in your Intro thread!
Old 11th May 2013, 11:02   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I think they can and will price it at 10+ lakhs for the top end. At the same price as the entry level XUV500 Ford will offer a car with six airbags, ESP, automatic transmission and all the other electronic wizardry we are hearing about.

The only advantage the entry-level XUV500 will have over this Ecosport variant will be space. That hasn't stopped the Duster from snapping at the XUVs heels, and arguably the Ecosport will have better interiors and fit/finish than the Duster.

6-9.5 lakhs seems too low to me. I think the pricing will be closer to 7.5-12 lakhs. I wish we could place bets on this forum
Space is not the only advantage. Add to space, the presence of a 6th gear, a140bhp engine, ability to cruise at much higher speeds all day, higher perch, lesser strained engine, proven Mahindra mechanicals and finally a car which doesnt look like a perched up hatchback, translate that into road presence.
For the EcoSport to succeed they have to price it marginally over premium hatchback, lesser than mid sized sedans, anything over that money is overkill IMO.
OT: We can place side bets on a personal level if you want
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 11:30   #855
BHPian

Ford EcoSport detailed video review by Autocar India

As per following article and specs chart on Motorbeam, there will be no Titanium option pack available for 1.5L petrol engine. So total 10 variants of EcoSport will be available.
http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/ford-e...in-10-variants
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-ford-ecosport-variants.png  

damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks