Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 23:40   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Extreme reactions from T'bhpians is very amusing. First, they were all like, "wow"!!! And now, like "yuck"! They are basing their opinions on two show cars, which probably have been hauled over coals. Let us wait for cars that hit showrooms. I am sure they will be much much better than what we have seen here. Any car having such ravishing exterior just cannot have so run-down interiors.

I wonder if Ford deliberately showed us drab cars. Because all the criticism is aimed at interiors. And tommorrow, when Ford launches it with fixed-up interiors, people will have nothing to complain about. Whatsay?
Old 19th March 2013, 10:58   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
. Let us wait for cars that hit showrooms. I am sure they will be much much better than what we have seen here. Any car having such ravishing exterior just cannot have so run-down interiors.
Let's hope so. If not, Ford will miss a big-time opportunity. There are many people who are put off by the interiors of the Duster (though I find it ok enough), and these are the people who are looking forward to the EcoSport with better interiors.

If Ford lets them down, then the Duster will continue to triumph in that segment. People know it runs on a trusted engine and has exemplary ride quality, apart from far better luggage space. On the other hand, some of these factors are unknown on the EcoSport.

So far the only things knows about the EcoSport are better external looks (though I find its front intimidating) and a much better petrol engine (I am referring to the Ecoboost). And going by Ford's past reputation, it is expected to have an FTD factor that is the segment best.

Last edited by vnabhi : 19th March 2013 at 11:01.
Old 19th March 2013, 11:32   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Not sure if the actual product will be 100% same.

The upholstery work (especially on the arm rest) looks 3rd rate, I do not think Ford would roll out the car from showroom actually with this quality of work.

I will wait for the official review on team-BHP or/and if possible take a test -drive. (OT: I have not succeeded in getting a TD of Renault Duster).

The only grouse I have that it might have difficulty seating 5 adults. Personally for me, then there is no point in going for this. Amaze, facelifted Etios or Sail sedan makes more practical sense (among the new cars).
As mentioned earlier, my biggest grouse is that it might have difficulty seating 5 adults amd I doubt this will change in the car in the showroom.

Who knows if priced right, I might apply logic (its mostly only 2 of us in the car, why worry about seating 5 ) and buy it. Definitley looks great from most angles.
Old 19th March 2013, 11:33   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

So far the only things knows about the EcoSport are better external looks (though I find its front intimidating) and a much better petrol engine (I am referring to the Ecoboost). And going by Ford's past reputation, it is expected to have an FTD factor that is the segment best.
My point exactly, if with this interior, Ford still manages to pack the superb chasis which it is known for and the FTD factor, it is still a winner.
The car cannot be ruled out unless the driving dynamics have been tested once. Also if interior is the only deal breaker, it can always be upgraded in the aftermarket. Now waiting desperately to hold the steering and do the TD ASAP!
Old 19th March 2013, 11:45   #185
BHPian

Same here. I am very keen to go check it my self to see if my family of five can be seated in comfort.
We had checked the same for Duster and were fairly happy with the space. So what keeps me from buying Duster instead of waiting endlessly for EcoSport - Renault pricing. I feel Duster is overpriced.
I hope Ford gets the pricing right, even if that means missing premium interiors.
Old 19th March 2013, 11:45   #186
Senior - BHPian

I think it will be a hit. Fit and finish can improve in the production version and since this a test vehicle, Many people would have touched and fiddled with it.

I feel this will hit the "Desirable" Mini SUV category.

This is definetly going to be run-away success even if priced at a starting price of 8 lacs ex-showrorom
Old 19th March 2013, 11:45   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_slow View Post
I think the marketing team of ford did a good job of hyping the product by saying it'll be priced low. I'm sure they will not price it low, I mean why should they if its a good looking car most Indians will buy it just for the looks. It's only some people who are picky about the specifications and what the numbers translate too.

I'm in the market for a new car. Finalised on buying the vw polo but waited it out for the release of the ecosport. Now I'm even more confused the exterior looks good but the interior isn't. Should I just go ahead and book the polo?

I am with you, mate. I too was gonna wait till the EcoSport but after waiting for about 9 months or so gave in and bought the Skoda Rapid instead. Though you might still consider the upcoming Honda Amaze. The launch is just around the corner on the 11th or 15th of April, I believe.

As far as the marketing work is considered, I believe that they may have had overdone the deal(those who are critcisizing the XUV's front bumper, take a look at this!). The car had managed to amass massive support when it was displayed here in Delhi last year. But yet they continued to postpone the launch from the festive season last year to an expected March and now to May-end or June-start. They are just giving time to Renault for extending their sales and service base even further. And yes the looks are going to be the biggest draw towards this car. Quite frankly, they were the biggest draw for me too.

The pricing, IMO, can't also be what the media has come to expect. Going by the features on offer (Six Airbags, ABS, EBD et al) and the track record of Ford in this matter (Remember the New Fiesta), I think that the car cannot be priced lower than the comparable C2 segment sedans.
Old 19th March 2013, 11:50   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Extreme reactions from T'bhpians is very amusing. First, they were all like, "wow"!!! And now, like "yuck"! They are basing their opinions on two show cars, which probably have been hauled over coals. Let us wait for cars that hit showrooms. I am sure they will be much much better than what we have seen here. Any car having such ravishing exterior just cannot have so run-down interiors.

I wonder if Ford deliberately showed us drab cars. Because all the criticism is aimed at interiors. And tommorrow, when Ford launches it with fixed-up interiors, people will have nothing to complain about. Whatsay?
I believe it could be a game changer with pricing strategy like the Figo, & even the interiors could be somewhat similar with better & striking colour combinations available for the top end.

The workman like grey interiors of Ford cars are not bad in quality, but only look a bit dull as compared to Black &/or Beige interiors. Moreover, Indians have a thing for Beige interiors, which is considered as premium car interior shade.

Coming back to the display vehicles, which had shoddy leather seats with more iffy fitting, this could be a case of abused test drive/ display vehicles (as has already been commented upon in this tread), though I admit Ford should have spent some time & dough on getting things ready for the events.

I repeat, this car has the capability to make an impact on market like the Figo if the base is priced around Rs.5 lacs.
Old 19th March 2013, 12:06   #189
BHPian

Seems a fine package to me; however three things bother me (the first one is a big concern)
1. There seems to be a huge blind spot in the A-pillar and the quarterglass doesn't seem to aid visibility. (evident for ACI pics)

2. The hatch opening
3. Rear visibility and the parcel tray.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 12:36   #190
BHPian

Hi ,

The entire thing depends on cost of the car. The terms such as " bad quality inetriors " etc. are all relative terms. E.G. if all this so called "not upto the expectation " thing comes under say 8.0L then people will find it great and will jump at it. At the same time if this quality is for anywhere more than 9.0 L then people may not accpet it. Also don't forget that Ford cars are a joy to drive. If they continue that DNA here then I am personally ready to ignore the plastics anyways. So I plead to all my friends to keep the opinion reserved till it's actual launch.

Regards
Amol
Old 19th March 2013, 12:44   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Hi ,

The entire thing depends on cost of the car. The terms such as " bad quality inetriors " etc. are all relative terms. E.G. if all this so called "not upto the expectation " thing comes under say 8.0L then people will find it great and will jump at it. At the same time if this quality is for anywhere more than 9.0 L then people may not accpet it. Also don't forget that Ford cars are a joy to drive. If they continue that DNA here then I am personally ready to ignore the plastics anyways. So I plead to all my friends to keep the opinion reserved till it's actual launch.

Regards
Amol
Absolutely! Price the base variants low with acceptable level of features and go all the way up to Titanium+ with all the bells and whistles. If they do a Hyundai in terms of quality & trims (with better pricing ) providing an option at the right price points, they have a super hit.

Quality for the price it deserves (including any premium) will be definitely accepted. The duster, though over priced, still set sales on fire for Renault. So i will be really surprised if a better equipped & better quality vehicle from Ford at the right price, at a minimum, won't do just as well as the duster.
Old 19th March 2013, 12:58   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If Ford lets them down, then the Duster will continue to triumph in that segment. People know it runs on a trusted engine and has exemplary ride quality, apart from far better luggage space. On the other hand, some of these factors are unknown on the EcoSport.
I'm waiting for the Nissan version of Duster. Would be a great bet for the money if they price it lower than Duster(can expect a lesser price since all nissan versions of renault counter part are less expensive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Same here. I am very keen to go check it my self to see if my family of five can be seated in comfort.
We had checked the same for Duster and were fairly happy with the space. So what keeps me from buying Duster instead of waiting endlessly for EcoSport - Renault pricing. I feel Duster is overpriced.
I hope Ford gets the pricing right, even if that means missing premium interiors.
I would suggest you to wait for the NISSAN duster version and then make a decision if you are not in a haste to buy one.
Old 19th March 2013, 13:09   #193
BHPian

A quick question.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of the hatch door opening being the opposite of the conventional design? I see this point being mentioned a few times, is this such a big issue?
Old 19th March 2013, 13:30   #194
BHPian

Quote:
A quick question.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of the hatch door opening being the opposite of the conventional design? I see this point being mentioned a few times, is this such a big issue?
Hi Vasanth,

When the hatch door opens sideways compared to the traditional mechanism, for the ecosport, it roughly translates to 33% more space needed to open the boot completely.

Also, with the traditional method, a semi open boot would still provide you access to both corners of the boot, compared to the one side poor access in case of a partially open boot, that opens sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-m_201212031039441080995.jpg  

Old 19th March 2013, 13:35   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A quick question.

Incase of EcoSport and Quanto, there was really no other choice. The Ecosport has fairly big tyres and wheels which would not fit below the boot area since the length is lesser than 4m. There was no other choice but to have it on the hatch door. But that means side opening since the hatch will never lift with a heavy tyre stuck to it.

Incase of hatches the spare tyre barely fits and that too because a hatch tyre is smaller. Try fitting a 205/60-16 tyre into a small hatch spare tyre area and you will know what I mean.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks