Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2013, 16:04   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: June 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Tata Motors sales down 30% in July.

Sales of passenger vehicles for July 2013 were at 10,824 nos. (11804 -Jun13), 58.75 per cent in the same month last year.

Sales of the Nano/ Indica/ Indigo range in July 2013 were 8,546 nos. The Sumo/ Safari/ Aria/ Venture range sales were 2,278 nos.

http://www.tatamotors.com/media/press-releases.php

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st August 2013 at 16:28.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 17:50   #137
BHPian

General Motors India sales down 10.73% in July

Sales include 2,479 units of Beat, 1,242 units of Sail, 2,235 units of Enjoy

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/21530588.cms

It looks downhill for GM.
Mr.Beat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 20:08   #138
BHPian

Looks like TATA is pushed to fifth place in Indian market. Honda sold more than TATA. Interesting. Waiting for the report for more details.....
windsurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 20:23   #139
RSR
Senior - BHPian

It looks like July 2013 was yet another forgettable month for the Indian auto industry in general. Passenger vehicles seem to be hit quite hard - the decline continues for the eight consecutive month. Putting together figures from various news sites and links posted by others on this thread, domestic car sales for July '13 are:

Maruti Suzuki - 75,145

Hyundai - 25,965

M & M - 15,530

Toyota - 11,515

Honda - 11,223

Tata - 10,824

Ford - 7,867

GM - 6,503

Renault - 3,763

Now, I'm eagerly waiting for the official July 2013 sales thread for complete figures and detailed expert analysis.

Last edited by RSR : 1st August 2013 at 20:40.
RSR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 22:59   #140
BHPian

What a bummer for Renault, the sales down by 40% month on month.. Eco Sports effect.

Renault India should learn on pricing and improve pathetic customer service.
Old 2nd August 2013, 07:56   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
What a bummer for Renault, the sales down by 40% month on month.. Eco Sports effect.

Hmm, when I was talking to the Renault Executive Director of sales last month, he claimed the EcoSport has not taken any sales away from the Duster despite every journalist badgering him about the EcoSports awesome package!
Old 2nd August 2013, 08:06   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen India registers sales of 4,739 units in July.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 08:46   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
when I was talking to the Renault Executive Director of sales last month, he claimed the EcoSport has not taken any sales away from the Duster despite every journalist badgering him about the EcoSports awesome package!
We dont expect him to claim any less, do we ?

I am happy that the customers are giving clear indications to Renault how overpriced the Duster really is. The price now needs to come down by 50K-1L for them to garner additional sales.

It will be fun to watch Duster sales in next 6 months as a similar Nissan Terrano also enters market.
Old 2nd August 2013, 08:54   #144
BHPian

Here is another view from mint
Name:  July_2013_Sales.png
Views: 2174
Size:  170.6 KB
groom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 08:57   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
We dont expect him to claim any less, do we ?

I am happy that the customers are giving clear indications to Renault how overpriced the Duster really is. The price now needs to come down by 50K-1L for them to garner additional sales.

It will be fun to watch Duster sales in next 6 months as a similar Nissan Terrano also enters market.
50-100k!? Considering that Skoda is a CKD and doing a relative price mapping w.r.t. the UK, Duster 4x4 top end 1.5d should be 10 on road tops. Do the maths.
We are being skimmed my dear friend!!
nitin.rai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:15   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm, when I was talking to the Renault Executive Director of sales last month, he claimed the EcoSport has not taken any sales away from the Duster despite every journalist badgering him about the EcoSports awesome package!
Sales guys .
The same person will tell you how EcoSport "revolutionized" the SUV segment - if Ford offers him a better position and pay!
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:49   #147
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Sales guys .
The same person will tell you how EcoSport "revolutionized" the SUV segment - if Ford offers him a better position and pay!
Is he the same gentleman who was with Chevrolet earlier
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:29   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Customer service? you have gone too far, improve the first basic attitude for even a prospective customer. I walked into the Renault showroom @ whitefield, looking for the Duster. The SA does not even care why you are there, there was no one in the lobby, I had to walk around and then had to "figure out" that one lady might be the receptionist, and then asked her if someone can help me. But apparently she was not the receptionist and so I had to figure out who really was an SA.

I had to look around my self, spent 20 minutes with the car, nobody turned up, there were a lot of Renault guys walking around careless of my presence "in" the car too.

Then I just caught hold of a random guy and asked him if I can get the price list. He asked which car, I answer, then he called another colleague of his, who all the while was sitting in a place for more than 30 minutes who saw me roam randomly in the showroom, move inside and car look around, open the boot. This was the guy responsible for the Duster sales!

Phew, would I even buy this?
man_and_machine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:50   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post

Customer service? you have gone too far, improve the first basic attitude for even a prospective customer. I walked into the Renault showroom @ whitefield, looking for the Duster. The SA does not even care why you are there, there was no one in the lobby, I had to walk around and then had to "figure out" that one lady might be the receptionist, and then asked her if someone can help me. But apparently she was not the receptionist and so I had to figure out who really was an SA.

I had to look around my self, spent 20 minutes with the car, nobody turned up, there were a lot of Renault guys walking around careless of my presence "in" the car too.

Then I just caught hold of a random guy and asked him if I can get the price list. He asked which car, I answer, then he called another colleague of his, who all the while was sitting in a place for more than 30 minutes who saw me roam randomly in the showroom, move inside and car look around, open the boot. This was the guy responsible for the Duster sales!

Phew, would I even buy this?
You are lucky man, you didn't buy that car yet.

Think about people who already bought, like me.

One thing I can say, the car is good. It just that someone has to fire their whole management and replace with new body.

Note from Mod: July's figures have been released in this thread

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd August 2013 at 16:36. Reason: Adding closing note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks