Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2014, 17:18   #46
BHPian

Re: Tata Kite Spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Tata's small car has been spotted doing test runs near Tata's Pune factory. The car is codenamed 'Kite' and is likely to roll out of Tata Motors' Sanand plant.

Link to news article

Picture Source
I'm not quite convinced that's the kite, purely because, in terms of it's stance, it isn't as 'cab forward' as the concept. Also it doesn't seem as tall as the original concept, I'm basing this on proportions, nothing else.

Last edited by da_lowrider : 14th July 2014 at 17:19. Reason: punctuations
Old 14th July 2014, 17:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
I'm not quite convinced that's the kite, purely because, in terms of it's stance, it isn't as 'cab forward' as the concept. Also it doesn't seem as tall as the original concept, I'm basing this on proportions, nothing else.
True. The stance seems completely different than the artistic renderings. However, if you notice small things like the rear view mirrors or even the steel wheels, it is unmistakably a Tata. Thank GOD, they haven't retained the egg shape of the old Indica and changed the rear design, which does not appear to be convex like the older car.

Regarding the height, I too had a similar first impression, but you gotta remember that the Nano is toooo tall for a comparison. The height seems similar to the Indica eV2. Just look at the small 13inch wheels to get a rough idea of its' height.
Old 14th July 2014, 18:03   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
True. The stance seems completely different than the artistic renderings. However, if you notice small things like the rear view mirrors or even the steel wheels, it is unmistakably a Tata. Thank GOD, they haven't retained the egg shape of the old Indica and changed the rear design, which does not appear to be convex like the older car.

Regarding the height, I too had a similar first impression, but you gotta remember that the Nano is toooo tall for a comparison. The height seems similar to the Indica eV2. Just look at the small 13inch wheels to get a rough idea of its' height.
Fair enough, it's definitely a Tata, no denying that, I just don't think it's the Kite, regarding the height, like I said, I'm basing that on the actual proportions of this test mule compared to the original rendering, not the Nano. I dunno lets see, I might be completely wrong, but I don't think I am.
Old 14th July 2014, 18:15   #49
BHPian

Looks more like one final push for the venerable Indica. Somehow the headlamps remind me of the Safari Storme. That would be poor inspiration for a small car. Also the side profile looks very similar to the orginal Indica (save for the rear). That doesn't gel with earlier reports of the Kite being a completely new car on a modernised X0 platform (a full body change).
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 18:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

And more pics of the Kite... courtesy Cartoq:

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-newtatakitesmallhatchbackside.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-newtatakitesmallhatchbacksidepic.jpg

Clearly the Indica inspiration is showing up in the side profile. May not be a crowd puller on looks, let's hope engine are good enough.
CARDEEP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 19:44   #51
BHPian

Ok, this is definitely not the Kite as rendered earlier, actually I'm thinking, this is either the Bolt or an old Vista on which something's being tested, I say that due to the way the windscreen integrates with the frame. The Vista/Manza/Bolt/Zest, have a windscreen that is slightly recessed into the A-pillar where it meets the engine bay. This is not the case with any of the older-generation Tatas so I think that is definitely out.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th July 2014 at 01:07. Reason: post updated as requested, Thanks
da_lowrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 22:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

This is Vista for sure, the stance the way windscreen looks, mirrors, they all point to vista 90hp since the dash is on right hand side.
Old 15th July 2014, 01:06   #53
BHPian

This is THE KITE, and its perfectly camouflaged to keep us guessing
Old 15th July 2014, 02:42   #54
BHPian

If this is KITE, then it looks really spacious for the price range it is expected to be offered in. hmmm.... I have my doubts though. Looks more like a current gen Vista. Anyway, lets hope some interior pics come in too.
Old 15th July 2014, 04:54   #55
RSR
Senior - BHPian

This looks very much like an Indica V2 wearing camouflage. The front windscreen and the area around it is unmistakably like the Indica V2. And that's because the Kite is only a code name for a heavily modified car based on the original Indica platform, that is meant to eventually replace the Indica V2. Much like the Bolt is a heavily modified Vista meant to replace it. A compact sedan to replace the Indigo CS is also part of the Kite project.

I'm not sure if this is a great idea. Even if the end product has most of the styling details as the rendering by Motorbeam, the link to the Indica V2 would be obvious. And unlike the platform of the Vista (which is basically a second generation Indica), that of the original Indica has become very old now. Its direct competition would be relatively new cars.

The Kite, especially the hatchback, is going to have its work cut out. The compact sedan would have it easier, as there wouldn't be much competition for it.

Last edited by RSR : 15th July 2014 at 04:56.
Old 21st July 2014, 14:26   #56
Team-BHP Support

A fresh set of spy pictures of the Kite hatchback has surfaced on the internet giving us a glimpse into the interiors of the car.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 20:42   #57
BHPian

Spotted in Bangalore in the busy Madiwala road. Could possibly be the worst scoop image in this site but that's all I could manage in the fast moving crowded traffic. It was as big as the Ford Figo and was adorned with 5 spoke alloys.

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-wp_20140802_17_11_12_pro.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-wp_20140802_17_13_29_pro.jpg

Tata has been testing in Bangalore quite a lot these days. I had seen the Zest quite extensively being tested here on Bangalore Roads.
abhisheksircar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 16:13   #58
Team-BHP Support

Tata Motors is likely to power the Kite with a new 1.05-litre, 3-cylinder, common rail diesel engine that is expected to put out 64 bhp and 140 Nm of torque. This is the same engine that was displayed by the company at the 2012 Auto Expo.

The car is expected to be launched in 2015 and will replace the Indica.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 00:21   #59
BHPian

This will be the first Tata car in production which is expected to feature the new design language. Are there any (speculative) renderings of this design language yet?

Hoping that this sets a very attractive, practical and fresh benchmark for all the coming designs under HorizoNext from Tata. They are a crucial and large cog in the wheel of India's automotive sector, and India's design and manufacturing capabilities. All Indian manufacturers doing well will give Indian's a platform to pitch for jobs in other engineering sectors and building a "made in India"brand image.
Old 28th October 2014, 09:03   #60
BHPian

Don't know but I have this weird feeling that this too may end up looking like one egg shaped vehicle ( like Indica). Somehow its very hard for TATA to let this oval shape go, be it 3 lakh Rupee Indica or 15 lakh Aria, all look round and boring.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks