Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2006, 23:36   #166

Hi BHPians,

What is the current known date of release for the Safari dicor with 2.2L Engine? I was planning to buy the Safari dicor this month.

If I could get the newer one sooner, I would happily go for it (I know that I will be testing the vehicle for TATA ).

Because the new engine is being tested for so long time and since I hope that TATA will provide retrofits for niggling problems, I feel I can go for the newer vehicle.

-Vichu
Old 8th December 2006, 05:06   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
This one looks exactly like the 3L DICOR. I guess there is no surprise there.
Anyone has additional photos? Anybody in Bologna?
Old 8th December 2006, 11:59   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
This one looks exactly like the 3L DICOR.
I doubt there will be any change to the looks except for some 2.2 stickers - it was meant to be an engine change...
Old 8th December 2006, 12:06   #169
Team-BHP Support

If they dont increase the price too much I will get one next year .
Otherwise I will wait for the price cut and then get it!
Old 8th December 2006, 12:17   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
This one looks exactly like the 3L DICOR. I guess there is no surprise there.
Anyone has additional photos? Anybody in Bologna?
Even the TL looks like the current body shell. Didn't someone post spy pics here of a new shape pickup from TATA?

Gears,
Red-One?
Old 8th December 2006, 18:45   #171
BHPian

Lets see who is the beauty under the sheets.

Old 8th December 2006, 18:55   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by vichu View Post
Hi BHPians,

What is the current known date of release for the Safari dicor with 2.2L Engine? I was planning to buy the Safari dicor this month.-Vichu
I rechecked with Dhingra Motors in Gurgaon today. They have revised their time line from September to June 2007. I am not sure how credible this information is, but this is the latest that I have heard from a Tata dealer. If anyone else has a better knowldge, please share
Old 8th December 2006, 19:35   #173

I was talking to a TATA dealer, regarding quote for a new Safari dicor. I also enquired him about the 2.2L dicor.

As per him
1)Tata currenly plans 2.2L dicor only for export, as in other countires Euro 4 is made mandatory. ( He thinks by now TATA might be exporting 2.2L)

2)Tata does not have plans to release it to Indian market , until Indian Govt makes Euro 4 mandatory in India.

The above info is as per him and is not authoritative.

So,
Does anyone know when Euro4 will be made mandatory at India ?
Old 11th December 2006, 13:47   #174

I am looking for a new vehicle and have been taking test drives of various vehicles. I also took a test drive of Safari and spoke to the sales guy who knows me well. He suggested me to wait till Jan 2007 when the new 2.2L safari is being launched. He says that the new safari is going to be a feast since the development team is internally working on changing their image of launching cars with defects. So they seem to be working to launch safari without any niggling issues. He accepted that the present safari has undergone a lot of changes and improvements since its launch which will not be the case with the new safari. Hopefully Tatas learn this time and do some favour on their customers.
Also Euro norms are expected to come in force by Apr 07......
Old 11th December 2006, 14:13   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Lets see who is the beauty under the sheets.

Kewl, This is the new Tata Telcoline.. More information please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vichu
1)Tata currenly plans 2.2L dicor only for export, as in other countires Euro 4 is made mandatory. ( He thinks by now TATA might be exporting 2.2L)
2)Tata does not have plans to release it to Indian market , until Indian Govt makes Euro 4 mandatory in India.
I have reasons to believe this TATA dealer. They did the same thing for the TATA TL 4x4 3 years back too.. The TL4x4 was launched in India only last year, whereas the vehicle was sold all over the world since quiet some time.. TATA is still selling the original 2.0L TCIC vehicle at a discounted price of 6.4L ex-showroom. So unless, their old inventories get over, they are unlikely to launch a new product..

Last edited by man23ish : 11th December 2006 at 14:23.
Old 11th December 2006, 14:43   #176
Senior - BHPian

I have been told by relativley reliable sources that TATA first plans the release of a midsized UV to be called the PHOENIX, which will be powered by the new 2.2L engine. This will slot in between the SUMO and the Safari and that the all new Safari with the 2.2L engine will be released only by the 3rd quarter. Time will prove me right or wrong I guess!!!
Old 11th December 2006, 14:50   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
I have been told by relativley reliable sources that TATA first plans the release of a midsized UV to be called the PHOENIX, which will be powered by the new 2.2L engine. This will slot in between the SUMO and the Safari and that the all new Safari with the 2.2L engine will be released only by the 3rd quarter. Time will prove me right or wrong I guess!!!
PHOENIX was supposed to be a range of buses to be launced by TATA. Check the following link..

Tata Group | Media reports | Phoenix set to rise in India

I am not sure if you are referring to the same.
Old 12th December 2006, 00:54   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
I have been told by relativley reliable sources that TATA first plans the release of a midsized UV to be called the PHOENIX, which will be powered by the new 2.2L engine. This will slot in between the SUMO and the Safari
Actually, it makes sense. The midsized UV will probably be a SUV version of the new TL pickup truck with leaf spring suspension and cheaper engine which will take it head to head with the Scorpio. The Safari will be made larger and moved more upmarket.
Old 12th December 2006, 09:53   #179
BANNED

Not sure if this should be in the "What Car?" section.

I've almost finalised on the Safari DICOR LX 4x4. Is it worth going in for the vehicle now when there are good discounts? I'm not worried about resale value and plan to keep the vehicle for at least 100,000 km. What does Team BHP say?

I don't want to wait indefinitely till TATA launch the new 2.2L
Old 12th December 2006, 10:36   #180
Senior - BHPian

Just got off the phone with the Regional sales manager of TATA motors and it is confirmed that the 2.2L safari will be launched mid 2007.
Also confirmed is that the only change will be the engine.. They are phasing out the TCIC which is still available on order basis..(stock clearance)

Now the 2.2L will have the same body shell as the current DICOR.. This vehicle will be priced in between the Sumo and the Dicor... possibly in the range of the TCIC and will also be available in the same variants...LX EX EXi and VXi...

The DICOR will not be discontinued but will be the higher end variant..This is because the DICOR is very new in the market and safari sales have picked up because of the dicor..

So people who have bought the dicor or are planning to and are little scared to invest in this vehicle...Please dont bother.... The dicor will not be phased out.... The 2.2L is just another variant...

Godfather
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks