Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2014, 09:07   #151
BHPian

Re: 2013 Lineup: The Best Enthusiast Cars in India

What about my all time favourite , the Skoda Yeti? Pound for pound, the best all round vehicle I have owned.Surprisingly, it does not seem to be making it at the hustings.Barring of course in the Ownership threads. Two years of problem free ownership, as expensive to service over two years as my I 10 and cheaper on the fuel too. I could not ask for more.
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:51   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Though here in Hyderabad there are actually quite a lot of twisty roads that even go up and down, I second your opinion about what we ought to crown an enthusiast's ride. While chassis dynamics are number 1 priority for me, I agree that cars such as the Cruze should not be excluded from the list Kinda like the equivalent of american muscle cars abroad. Sure they dont set brilliant lap times but their stonking V8's and styling are more than enough reason to make them enthusiast's cars
Yes, if the Ecoboost can make it from its segment due to popular demand , then the cruze surpasses by all standards and not just based on performance

That said I wolud like to thank you(and all the others) for the advice. We had a Lancer earlier so the replacement has to be nothing less than it standards, I had already decided on the Tjet as per the variables mentioned in that thread. My only concern was whether my decision was getting biased by its sheer beauty (those headlamps keep winking at me every time i look at it ) Now i cant think beyond the Tjet he hee

However I still welcome if bhpians feel The 90hp punto/ GT TDi /Tsi would do the job too , Will volkswagen launch the 1.5 GT TDi ? . Because at the end of the day i have to be practical (if not Fiat then its volkswagen for me) and the Tjet would be overshooting the budget for my first car. A hatch seems more deserving!!
regards.
Old 22nd April 2014, 12:22   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
^^^ why not the fiesta classic 1.6 petrol ?
Huge discounts on offer now & it has indeed a good blend of ride and handling. Plus, the sweet linear delivery of a naturally aspirated 1.6. Of course, resale value is not good.
There is no discount in Mumbai on the petrol Classic which is contrary to what reports suggest. Checked with a couple of dealers. None offered any discounts. A 5 year old Classic (or old Fiesta) fetches exactly same as what a 5 year Santro would fetch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramases6 View Post
What about my all time favourite , the Skoda Yeti? Pound for pound, the best all round vehicle I have owned.Surprisingly, it does not seem to be making it at the hustings.Barring of course in the Ownership threads. Two years of problem free ownership, as expensive to service over two years as my I 10 and cheaper on the fuel too. I could not ask for more.
Yeti is a great buy but used. The new car price does not justify the price tag and hence was/is never a seller.

Last edited by dipen : 22nd April 2014 at 12:24.
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:18   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
Yes, if the Ecoboost can make it from its segment due to popular demand , then the cruze surpasses by all standards and not just based on performance

That said I wolud like to thank you(and all the others) for the advice. We had a Lancer earlier so the replacement has to be nothing less than it standards, I had already decided on the Tjet as per the variables mentioned in that thread. My only concern was whether my decision was getting biased by its sheer beauty (those headlamps keep winking at me every time i look at it ) Now i cant think beyond the Tjet he hee

However I still welcome if bhpians feel The 90hp punto/ GT TDi /Tsi would do the job too , Will volkswagen launch the 1.5 GT TDi ? . Because at the end of the day i have to be practical (if not Fiat then its volkswagen for me) and the Tjet would be overshooting the budget for my first car. A hatch seems more deserving!!
regards.
Do you usually travel with 4/5 members or go on long trips often, then go for T-Jet as the higher GC and the sedan class space will make it a logical choice else the GTs will suffice for you. The GT TDi will give you a better mileage and costs less than T-Jet(Emotion), so double win for you. Also, VW A.S.S is slightly better than FIAT's.
Old 23rd April 2014, 10:14   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanasu View Post
Do you usually travel with 4/5 members or go on long trips often, then go for T-Jet as the higher GC and the sedan class space will make it a logical choice else the GTs will suffice for you. The GT TDi will give you a better mileage and costs less than T-Jet(Emotion), so double win for you. Also, VW A.S.S is slightly better than FIAT's.
I'm sorry but you simply cannot compare the ride and handling of the Polo to the Linea. So yes it is cheaper, more fuel effcient etc. but don't think even for a second that you will be involuntarily grinning when you attack a corner in the Polo.

Quote:
That said I wolud like to thank you(and all the others) for the advice.

regards.
Always glad to help

The 90hp Punto would make sense. BUT only with a Wolf Moto remap running on it.
It all comes down to whether you actually do want the very best thing out there to drive right now (T-Jet) and you're willing to pay for it. Settling for the Polo certainly is a wise choice but you'd be deluding yourself if you thought you're only loosing out on the number of people and luggage you can carry on a roadtrip

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 11:16   #156
BHPian

Quote:
I'm sorry but you simply cannot compare the ride and handling of the Polo to the Linea. So yes it is cheaper, more fuel effcient etc. but don't think even for a second that you will be involuntarily grinning when you attack a corner in the Polo.

Always glad to help

It all comes down to whether you actually do want the very best thing out there to drive right now (T-Jet) and you're willing to pay for it. Settling for the Polo certainly is a wise choice but you'd be deluding yourself if you thought you're only loosing out on the number of people and luggage you can carry on a roadtrip

Cheers!
Every enthusiast knows that with respect to handling/suspension/GC, Fiat is the best. None can match them at the given price point. But, if more % of driving is done inside the city or traffic, then a hatchback(Polo/Punto) makes more sense. However, when it comes to the highway drives, then its definitely the T-Jet. It all comes down to one's preference.

I'm sorry if I gave you a feeling of comparison between the two marvels, which I didn't intent to do it as its purely absurd What I really mean to say is that, if one is going for a sedan, then its the T-Jet and if its a HB then it should be a Polo GT TSi/TDi
Old 25th April 2014, 00:54   #157
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Thanks once again, now the next query , how much would the wolf moto remap cost , will it effect the warranty/insurance? there was lot of appreciation on the TFI forum about the remap! will definitely look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanasu View Post
Every enthusiast knows that with respect to handling/suspension/GC, Fiat is the best. None can match them at the given price point. But, if more % of driving is done inside the city or traffic, then a hatchback(Polo/Punto) makes more sense. However, when it comes to the highway drives, then its definitely the T-Jet. It all comes down to one's preference.

I'm sorry if I gave you a feeling of comparison between the two marvels, which I didn't intent to do it as its purely absurd What I really mean to say is that, if one is going for a sedan, then its the T-Jet and if its a HB then it should be a Polo GT TSi/TDi
I love both the vehicles and if i had the budget i would have picked up both , I love the finish and the neatness of the volkswagen !! However I am not a city person so i guess the Tjet it is. My only worry is not the initial expenditure but the choice of petrol as i will be going on looong trips
Old 25th April 2014, 23:23   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks once again, now the next query , how much would the wolf moto remap cost , will it effect the warranty/insurance? there was lot of appreciation on the TFI forum about the remap! will definitely look into it.
Remaps typically retail around the 25k-40k mark. I urge you to get in touch with the wolf team for more details. Remaps will void your warranty however no one usually ever finds out.
Old 21st May 2014, 18:38   #159
BHPian

Hello again everyone

A few months back, I had received help from a lot of you regarding which car to buy.
I test-drove many cars including the Linea (which I liked very much) but in the end it's the Honda City i-Vtec manual that i have booked.

The Linea was awesome but my father did not accept it at all due to the brand image he had in his mind. Besides, he wanted the City for many years now and since even I loved the car, it has been booked.

I love everything about the city and the only part that let me down was steering feedback which is not that great but is fine. So, I have booked the VX MT

I would like to thank you all for the help....

Also, any inputs on how I can modify my car once I get it after the long waiting of 5 months??
Old 21st May 2014, 19:16   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
Hello again everyone

A few months back, I had received help from a lot of you regarding which car to buy.
I test-drove many cars including the Linea (which I liked very much) but in the end it's the Honda City i-Vtec manual that i have booked.

Also, any inputs on how I can modify my car once I get it after the long waiting of 5 months??
The Honda is quite a brilliant car as well. The Vtec magic will have you falling in love too. Congratulations Which colour have you booked?

Please add some wider rubber if not upgrade the alloys and tyres to 16" this should give you better grip, more confidence in piloting the car and better steering feedback
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 22:55   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Honda is quite a brilliant car as well. The Vtec magic will have you falling in love too. Congratulations Which colour have you booked?

Please add some wider rubber if not upgrade the alloys and tyres to 16" this should give you better grip, more confidence in piloting the car and better steering feedback

Honda used to void the warranty for any aftermarket accessories including alloys unless you bought it from them. I am not sure if they still do it. Verify once before you get anything modified.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 23:01   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

Honda used to void the warranty for any aftermarket accessories including alloys unless you bought it from them. I am not sure if they still do it. Verify once before you get anything modified.
Woah! This is news to me What did they claim it affected and why was it thus a reason for them to void warranty? Has the Industry not ridiculed the company for this?
Old 21st May 2014, 23:17   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Woah! This is news to me What did they claim it affected and why was it thus a reason for them to void warranty? Has the Industry not ridiculed the company for this?
This incident happened to a friend of mine (I think in 2007 or 2008) when he purchased a civic. He got the alloys replaced with what his old city had. Rest of the car was stock except art leather upholstery. Next time he went for service the SA did mention to him that the warranty will be void because of the alloy change in case if he does raise a warranty claim in future.

Mods sorry for going OT.
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:21   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
This incident happened to a friend of mine (I think in 2007 or 2008) when he purchased a civic. He got the alloys replaced with what his old city had. Rest of the car was stock except art leather upholstery. Next time he went for service the SA did mention to him that the warranty will be void because of the alloy change in case if he does raise a warranty claim in future.

Mods sorry for going OT.
So it's NOT Honda, but an SA who raised an objection to this. As long as you stick on to the same profile, no one declines warranty usually!
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:56   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So it's NOT Honda, but an SA who raised an objection to this. As long as you stick on to the same profile, no one declines warranty usually!
Warranty voids if you upsize or downsize, including width. In the above case it looks like he changed Civic's alloys to City's, which is of a different size.

The reason they gave for my old Civic was that it would play foul with the suspension. They even blamed the suspension noise in my car to the upsized tyres.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks