Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2013, 16:46   #16
BHPian

Great article!!!

While @ it, we could also involve the below for the max. Fun for Money quotient:

1. Ford Figo - For having the most involving steering/chassis & one of the most driveable engines.

2. Fiat Punto 90 bhp - For having the best ride & handling combo in hatches, decent engine.

3. Honda City IVtec - For having....Hands down, the best naturally aspirated high revving petrol engine among cars around 10 lacs. Cant help but smile when it coaxes you to turn into an F1 driver.
Flash777 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 17:41   #17
BHPian

Re: 2013 Lineup: The Best Enthusiast Cars in India

IMO one more car that needs to be added in this list is the Ford Figo tdci. Just like its sedan sibling, the Fiesta, the Figo too is a wonderful car with a great steering feel, brilliant ride and handling dynamics, good mileage and above all a VFM car.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 18:20   #18
BHPian

Nice thought GTO.

Indeed there are cars available at almost all price points for the enthusiasts.

Punto (at least 90HP) deserves to be listed here, it definitely qualifies your this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Each of these automobiles will bring a smile to your face (*guaranteed*) in their own special way, every time you head out for a drive!
Old 24th November 2013, 18:21   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys.

Would've added the Figo, but it's too slow. Sibling, the Fiesta made it.

Honda City no longer on sale. Maybe the next generation.

Punto 90 is again too slow, let down my awful gearing. Sibling T-jet makes the cut.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 18:42   #20
BANNED

Quote:
There are cars and then, there are cars. As BHPians, we aren't looking at a mere mode of transportation from point A -> point B. To us, the journey is as important as the destination...be it the simple early morning run to work, or that pleasurable 1,000 kms road trip.
Earlier generation cars were only for Point A to Point B but the situation now is the need of a car that is comfortable on both highway trips and city driving (rather chugging around). The cars being sold now are good enough but the list you have given just touches the heart every time driven around.

Quote:
Each of these automobile will bring a smile to your face (*guaranteed*) in their own special way, every time you head out for a drive!
Guaranteed! No doubt.Have the bank balance get a Polo GT TDI and remap it will a better tyres. It is a complete car without much nautanki. Swift too has that potential of being a rock star with a better and powerful engine. Hope the updated version has a 1.6 MJD engine!

Anurag.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th November 2013 at 07:54. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 18:55   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There are cars and then, there are cars. As BHPians, we aren't looking at a mere mode of transportation from point A -> point B. To us, the journey is as important as the destination...be it the simple early morning run to work, or that pleasurable 1,000 kms road trip.

Good thing is, the vibrant Indian market offers petrolheads a wide variety of fun-to-drive cars. And if you thought you need to spend big $$$ to have fun, think again. Excellent options are available at each & every price point.
Bang on GTO. I always love your analysis regarding cars.

I already have Etios 1.5 petrol (booked it on the date of launch based on your review on TBHP ) and a K10 will be joining our family within a week. So atleast both the cars we have are fun to drive though none are costly cars.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 19:18   #22
BHPian

If not discontinued, Laura 1.8tsi would have been the winner here. Octavia is priced astronomically high for the 1.8tsi. That leaves average buyers with t-jet and fiesta. Of the two, for me it is the t-jet due to its modern yet reliable tech.
Why not add a poll instead?
prokinetic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 20:05   #23
BHPian

This is an excellent topic and long due one being an enthusiast forum.

But few things. Thread for Best enthusiast cars but not a Punto? Since when is Liva an enthusiast car? Then there is Figo which is more of a driver's car.

Last edited by RIC.BURNS : 24th November 2013 at 20:10.
RIC.BURNS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 20:49   #24
BHPian

Great compilation GTO. I never would've thought that oil-burners would one day share the same space as enthusiast cars.

I haven't experienced it in any way but I think the Civic should've made the cut too.
Old 24th November 2013, 21:59   #25
BHPian

Though you have mentioned the rapid, I would say its suspension is better tuned than both the vento and the polo. I own 2 of the enthusiast's cars, the Jetta & the Rapid. I also own the fiesta but in the diesel guise. Its low on power, but man is it still a "love to drive" car, always brings a smile. The jetta is another superb car only marred a bit by its zero-feedback steering. Its incredibly fast and efficient. If only VW could stand by its product and offered a 5 year warranty. Hopefully my next car would be the 3 series (I nearly bought one instead of the Jetta but backed out at the last minute).
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 22:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Good compilation. I personally go for dynamics before quickness but if it were the other way around like this list, then wouldn't the sheer punch the Cruze provides, warrant a place for the car here?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 24th November 2013 at 22:17.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 22:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
I haven't experienced it in any way but I think the Civic should've made the cut too.
You're right but then again civic is no longer in production and hence makes it to used cars list or pre worshipped if you like.
blackbeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 22:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
This is an excellent topic and long due one being an enthusiast forum.

But few things. Thread for Best enthusiast cars but not a Punto? Since when is Liva an enthusiast car? Then there is Figo which is more of a driver's car.
I think you may not be knowing (or biased) it's not regular 1.2 L petrol engined Liva but "Toyota Liva 1.5L (TRD Sportivo)" version with Etios petrol engine which features here.

Thanks.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 22:47   #29

Great thread, as always. Thanks. Maybe, this is not the right place to ask, but I'm thinking of changing (upgrading, if you will) my car of last three years (Punto MJD 75HP; 70k on the odo) and would like to get some suggestions from you guys. As you could make out from the mileage of my current car, quite often I am on the highway on long drives, and would prefer a diesel car.

Two cars that I am considering are Punto 90HP and the Polo 1.6 GT TDI. I have driven Punto 90HP and am OK with that except for its rather slow response and the not-so-friendly gear shifts (which I am kind of used to). I am yet to drive the Polo 1.6 TDI. My experience of the 1.2 TDI - the steering feel and overall drive - was not all that impressive.

While I plan for my test drive of 1.6 TDI, I thought i would just look for your comments, too. What would be your pick between these two? And, is there another car you would suggest?

(Admins, if this is not the right thread to post this query, please feel free to move this to the right thread or point me to the right one. Or would you want me to start a new thread? Thanks!)
Old 24th November 2013, 22:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Ecosport 1.0 should probably be on this list, for its high tech engine, punchy mid-range and the sweet 'n' addictive turbo whistle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks