Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2014, 17:14   #106
BHPian

Re: Datsun GO: A Close Look

a comparison between the Wagon R and Go is a no brainer. maruti reliability alone will swing public opinion in its favour. Even the tried and tested i-10 can barely challenge the Wagon R, even though it is a much better product.
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 14:47   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Shell of the Datsun Go, in the body shop at Chennai!

Datsun GO: A Close Look-bfiovdecuaari5j.jpg

Source: SVP tweet

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd February 2014 at 14:48.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:31   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Datsun Go production begins today from Renault-Nissan’s factory at Oragadam- Chennai.

Quote:
Sharing parts with the Micra,many parts are watered down when it comes to the finish and quality levels to confirm to the low cost pricing trajectory that Brand Datsun is aiming at. Nissan India has noted that all variants of the Datsun Go hatchback will be priced at under 4 lakh rupees
Quote:
The Go will be sold with a solitary 1.2 liter petrol engine, a detuned version of the 1.2 liter HR12DE-3 cylinder motor that also powers the Micra Active. On the Datsun Go, this petrol motor will output 68 PS of peak power and 104 Nm of peak torque. A five speed manual gearbox will be standard. To maximize interior space at the front of the car, Nissan has chosen a dashboard mounted gear shifter for the Datsun Go hatchback. This arrangement, combined with a flat front seat will technically allow 3 adults to sit abreast in the front seats of the Datsun Go, a unique feature of sorts.
Interesting to note how the steps they would take to get a decent safety rating if the safety norms are coming in 2015.

http://www.cartoq.com/datsun-go-production-begins/
Attached Thumbnails
Datsun GO: A Close Look-datsungoproduction.jpg  

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 12:52   #109
Senior - BHPian

This seems more of a token production of the first car for press release of readiness of the production lines. Here are another set of pics (courtesy IAB), & in one of the pics there is a Micra Active behind the Go, which confirms my words:

Datsun GO: A Close Look-datsungostartofproduction21024x768.jpg

Datsun GO: A Close Look-datsungostartofproduction1024x768.jpg
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 23:57   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting video, don't you think?

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 17:53   #111
Senior - BHPian

Datsun Go+ is showcased at the Auto Expo 2014. Here are the pics (courtesy Motorbeam):

Datsun GO: A Close Look-1024x682xdatsungoindia1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.wtkkkfnzdu.jpg

Datsun GO: A Close Look-1024x682xdatsungointeriorview.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ylyfaan_4u.jpg

Datsun GO: A Close Look-1024x682xdatsungoplusindia.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4wfgvhhy4.jpg

Datsun GO: A Close Look-1024x682xdatsungorearseat.jpg.pagespeed.ic.zjy7kmnvp4.jpg

Datsun GO: A Close Look-1024x682xdatsungoside.jpg.pagespeed.ic.prw0ktgemv.jpg

Quote:
Datsun GO+ is a compact MPV aimed at the upcoming Honda Mobilio, Chevrolet Enjoy and Maruti Ertiga.
In terms of styling, Datsun GO is treated with mature design elements that look aggressive as well as confident. Datsun GO+ is literally a stretched version of the Datsun GO hatchback with an extra row of seats. The exteriors and interiors of the Datsun GO+ are directly lifted from the hatchback.
Powering the Datsun GO and GO+ is a Nissan Micra derived 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that produces a maximum power output of 68 BHP with a peak torque of 104 Nm, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
Old 10th February 2014, 20:57   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Datsun has gear shift (2 to 5) indications on Speedometer, reminding drivers on right gear change for better FE.

Datsun GO: A Close Look-bghrvx7iyaa2sxy.jpg

Cheers!
Old 10th February 2014, 23:33   #113
BHPian

Are they serious about the go+? Nissan seems to have a dim view of Indian aesthetic sensibilities.
Old 11th February 2014, 15:55   #114
Team-BHP Support

Datsun had the Go, GO+ and a new concept the redi-GO at the Auto Expo. More details in the new thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/auto-...po-2014-a.html
Old 14th February 2014, 13:37   #115
Senior - BHPian

The pre-bookings have begun.

Datsun released this advert in Times Of India, Ahmedabad edition today. I wasn't aware that they are going to operate out of existing Nissan Dealerships.

Datsun GO: A Close Look-datsun.png
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 11:30   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
The pre-bookings have begun.

Datsun released this advert in Times Of India, Ahmedabad edition today. I wasn't aware that they are going to operate out of existing Nissan Dealerships.

Attachment 1208006
It is not the prebookings, but normal bookings that have started for the Datsun Go @ Rs.11k, & deliveries promised by end of Mar-14.

More details here:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...en-372467.aspx
Old 15th February 2014, 19:15   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Dealers inform us that two variants will be offered – a low-end and a top-end. Both variants will be priced below INR 4 lakhs ex-Showroom, All India. For now, the Go will be sold in four body colors – blue, white, red and gray. Nissan will offer a 2 years unlimited warranty on the car.
Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/d...ommence-120536

The car looks very good in gray(rendering). Check out the colors in the IAB article.
Old 17th February 2014, 11:23   #118
Senior - BHPian

I had a nice long look at the GO at a mall in Pune. Overall, its a nice car at a great price IMO.

I called my FIL and told him that Go is a perfect ugprade for him from the Alto. 'GO' has good space, very good boot space and decent interiors. The front seat can possibly take 3 passengers, but it could be tricky. The front seat has no gaps, as the gearbox sits on the console. I could not locate the hand brake though.

The Datsun salesman told me that there are going to be no variants of GO. There are total 170 customizations which can be added as per your budget. The GO with maximum and best customizations will cost around 5 lakhs on-road.

There are no plans of launching the GO with any safety features, such as airbags, ABS, etc. The salesman said that Nissan-Datsun are targeting the Alto, EON, Spark and the other cars in the less than 5 lakhs category. So they dont have any plans of adding safety features and spike the cost.

All the current Nissan showrooms/service centres will cater to Datsun GO too. So no drastic change in the current infrastructure is expected.

Finally the price. The price range is going to be 2.5 lakhs to 4.5 lakhs ex-showroom. I asked him whether this will be introductory offer price or final, to which he said he doesn't know.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 12:20   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
... I could not locate the hand brake though...
It's under the dash, close to the steering wheel. A pull type lever, similar to one Qualis has had.

The below two statements seems to be conflicting with what I was told; will have to wait till the launch I guess.

Quote:
... The Datsun salesman told me that there are going to be no variants of GO. There are total 170 customizations which can be added as per your budget...
As I was told, there would be 3 variants.

Quote:
... Finally the price. The price range is going to be 2.5 lakhs to 4.5 lakhs ex-showroom. I asked him whether this will be introductory offer price or final, to which he said he doesn't know.
Again, as I was told, the top end is supposed to be retailing at 4L OTR, Chennai.
Old 18th February 2014, 16:13   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The Renault- Nissan Group is having big plans with Brand Datsun in many developing countries.

I am sure it will not take off. It may just "GO" away from the scene.
Even Tata Ace owners can afford better music systems. The dash console compares with that of the Tata Ace however. What the hell? Does the Renault-Nissan Group think our car buyers are so poor that they will go for such cheap crap? It is better they concentrate in some other countries where buyers will go gaga and approve their cheap cars.
Anjan, completely agree with you, but who do you think has taught them to market or place their product in this fashion? Its our very own Maruti, I recently took a test drive of celerio, and for a vxi model their offering was simply not acceptable as per my expectation. May be I have different perception when I call out "expectation" but these auto manufacturers simply takes us for a trip, they have this mind set that anything and everything will sell and I would blame Maruti for bringing in this so called "Cost effective" measures to make car more affordable. After all cars are no vegetables that you can pick up. Datsun just made me rant all this, sorry about it.
MadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks