Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2020, 20:34   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Looks like Harley's have been approved in CSD. Two models Street Rod XG 750A and Street 750.

You are right.Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-imageuploadedbyteambhp1578755029.746970.jpg
docsinghal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 23:29   #302
BHPian

re: Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21

I purchased a car from CSD in 2016 and am looking forward to upgrade to another Car from CSD this year. Now the earlier rule was that minimum gap between two car purchases via CSD should be 4 years which was changed to 8 years by the Govt in the recent notification posted on this thread.

My question is , does this 8 year rule apply to the cars purchased post the notification of that order or is it applicable to vehicles purchased prior to the notice as well. Request inputs please.
Old 7th August 2020, 10:06   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
My question is , does this 8 year rule apply to the cars purchased post the notification of that order or is it applicable to vehicles purchased prior to the notice as well. Request inputs please.
The answer is available in #289 of this thread (image 2) - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4596417

It says "Last car purchased after 01 June 2011 - On completion of eight years from the date of last purchase"
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 13:26   #304
BHPian

Lots of changes introduced for buying cars from CSD since Jun 2019. Anyone here able to provide correct information, and list of cars now available in CSD? Very interested in creating a place for everyone to have updated information here instead of finding rudimentary information on google et al. Thx
pratyaksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 20:25   #305
BHPian

All New City - 5th Generation is now available in the CSD. Don’t have information about the price, just that the model has been introduced in the CSD.
Old 29th October 2020, 18:46   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Revised policy for cost and periodicity for purchase of cars through CSD

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-revised-policy-periodicity-cars-01-nov-20.png

Note

1. This policy is w.e.f 01 Nov 20.
2. Special sanctions on engine capacity as covered in post #69 of this thread will continue to be in force.
dhanushmenon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 21:06   #307

Re: Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyaksh View Post
Lots of changes introduced for buying cars from CSD since Jun 2019. Anyone here able to provide correct information, and list of cars now available in CSD? Very interested in creating a place for everyone to have updated information here instead of finding rudimentary information on google et al. Thx
My dad is an ex-serviceman and I was trying to buy a car through CSD. I completely agree with you regarding the contradicting / outdated information all over internet. If you are planning to create one place with all details, kindly include this attachment. This has the list of all items with their price from CSD - Cars / bikes (also Washing Machines & TVs. )

This list is from the CSD store manager in my native (Madurai, Tamil Nadu) and the prices are currently valid.

CSD AFD RATES AS ON 20 AUG 2020.pdf
lbklenin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 14:09   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbklenin View Post
This list is from the CSD store manager in my native (Madurai, Tamil Nadu) and the prices are currently valid.
Thank you sir. That is probably the most updated list I have seen. I do think creating a new post on all the relevant links is the need of the hour
pratyaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 13:59   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The price keeps changing very often. So do these rules; though not as frequently as the prices. Prices also change from place to place. Creating a new thread, or even collating all information here will only lead to spam the forum, for the collated data will have only a very short life time comparatively.

The best way to go about purchasing a car is through your local dealer. He will have the latest price list and will directly connect you to the sales rep who deals with CSD purchases.

To re-iterate:- The purpose of this thread was not to publish price list. I personally am against that. The purpose of the thread was to elucidate the procedure for purchase.
That said, the rules have changed a lot from the time this thread was initially penned. All rule amendments have also been updated in the thread, inlcuding the latest one w.e.f 01 Nov 20.

Quote:
I do think creating a new post on all the relevant links is the need of the hour
Agree totally.

Last edited by dhanushmenon : 26th December 2020 at 14:00.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 13:19   #310
BHPian

Does financing from private bank eligible for the purchase through CSD or is it only applicable to loans from nationalised banks?? Uncle is an ex-servicemen aged 76 , so nationalised banks will not finance the purchase of a car. Only private banks are providing loans without age limit. Please help
Old 8th January 2021, 07:28   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
Does financing from private bank eligible for the purchase through CSD or is it only applicable to loans from nationalised banks?? Uncle is an ex-servicemen aged 76 , so nationalised banks will not finance the purchase of a car. Only private banks are providing loans without age limit. Please help
Doesn't matter. Any bank, public or private, may be utilised for financing the purchase.
handsofsteel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 09:22   #312
BHPian

You can make online purchases of cars and bikes. Link- https://afd.csdindia.gov.in/login/

Instructions-

1. Go to the showroom and book your vehicle of your choice, colour,model etc by paying token of advance.
2. Take the engine no and chasis number.
3. Take a quotation of the vehicle as per csd price.
4. Take availability certificate
5. Now enter your basic service details, canteen grocery card number, chip number etc on the web site
"https://afd.csdindia.gov.in" by clicking on "shop now" than "new register"
Create your username and password

Note:- Don't commit any mistakes while filling the form because once you fill and submit the form, it is tough to edit and till than the site will not allow you to Book the vehicle.
6. During every login you will get an otp on your registered mobile.
7. After entering the site click on "search" at the bottom of the web page and type the same vehicle you booked in the showroom, click on it and check the price displayed it should be same as said by the showroom otherwise tell showroom to amend it accordingly.
8. Mean while initially it will ask state,area, canteen etc select the canteen which is near to you.
9. Now after completing the initial about said formalities you have to pay the amount in full to csd store either direct thru your account or bank loan or partially both.
10. Now upload all documents like proof of payments,aadhar,Pan,Last pay drawn or ppo, availability certificate with engine and chasis number. After uploading all you have to click at the bottom of the page " Generate Challan". After that you will get summary sheet take print out the same and keep safe with all other uploaded documents in duplicate.
11. Visit to NOMINATED URC with all these copies,along with original Grocery card and identity card.The csd person will check everything and keep the copies.
12. After 2 or 3 days you will get mail and sms to collect PO/ Supply order.
13. Collect the same from CSD and submit at the showroom and collect your vehicle.

Note:- The site is getting updated regularly as the site is new.They are trying to make everything hands free and avoid visiting canteen shortly they are thinking to give PO by downloading from your login site.

*Compiled by the the PUNE URC in the general interest of all beneficiaries.
silverblaze is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 09:06   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
You can make online purchases of cars and bikes. Link- https://afd.csdindia.gov.in/login/

Instructions-

1. Go to the showroom and book your vehicle of your choice, colour,model etc by paying token of advance.
2. Take the engine no and chasis number.
3. Take a quotation of the vehicle as per csd price.
4. Take availability certificate
Thanks for the details. However, one doubt.
What if the vehicle is not readily available? Can we not raise a PO for a vehicle which runs into waiting periods?
Old 11th January 2021, 11:01   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Thanks for the details. However, one doubt.
What if the vehicle is not readily available? Can we not raise a PO for a vehicle which runs into waiting periods?
In that case, you need to wait until the vehicle gets allotted as you need the VIN and related details while raising a PO. I would suggest you to reach out to your local dealer for better clarity on this.
silverblaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 11:16   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
In that case, you need to wait until the vehicle gets allotted as you need the VIN and related details while raising a PO. I would suggest you to reach out to your local dealer for better clarity on this.
Thanks. I am not looking at buying a car now. I was just clarifying a doubt that cropped up when I read your update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks