Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2018, 17:58   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
My father holds the Ex-Serviceman card from Ahmadabad ( From where he retired ) but now is settled in Noida.
When we visited the Zila Sanik board for the permission to buy the car, they mentioned that since the Ex-Serviceman card is from Ahmedabad, he would need to visit the Zila Sanik board there to get the permit or he can handover the card to the Zila Sanik board in Ahmedabad, get a NOC and then a new card will be issued to him in Noida.

Just wanted to check if what they are saying is correct?
Yes, this is correct. I recently bought my S-Cross through CSD in Noida. My father in law didn't have an Ex-servicemen Card. He has his permanent residence in Dehradun but lives off and on in Noida with his son.
We visited the Zila Sainik board and the Wing commander sir there told us exactly the same thing as you were told.

My father in law went to Dehradun, got his ex-servicemen card made (it took 2 days), got the indent form signed at Dehradun itself. Then we submitted the papers at Meerut CSD Depot and got the car though Rohan Motors, Noida.

The car has been financed through SBI, Noida branch. My wife is a co-applicant along with her father as the father is retired and above 65 yrs of age. Below, 65 yrs, co-applicant is not necessary. Feel free to connect with me, if you have any queries. I Also live in Greater Noida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
Hello everyone,

Posting my questions here.

I'm moving back to Hyderabad from Bangalore and I just sold my Nano.

It's time for a change 

I wanted some help on the car buying process from CSD. How do we go about it and how much really is the difference post GST? Is it worth it?

And the main question would be if we get a finance help from banks when we device to buy a car from CSD. And with my father being a retired air warrior, how would we get the loan worked out as I would be repaying it but the vehicle would be on his name.

It's totally worth it. We saved close to 1.3 lakhs on S-cross Zeta. The ex-showroom price was 9.99 Lakhs and the CSD Price was 8.8 lakhs.

CSD cars can be easily financed. We recently bought a car through CSD. My Father in Law is a retired Air-force pilot and is just above 65 yrs of age. We got it financed through SBI. My wife has become a co-applicant for the loan. No co-applicant is required if the age is below 65 yrs of age. The repayment can be up to 70 yrs of age. in our case, the loan is for a period of 52 months as he will be completing 70 yrs at that time. Hope that Helps.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th November 2018 at 16:24.
car-dent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 15:11   #257
BHPian

re: Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21

I am considering buying a car through CSD. I am confused about RTO tax calculation.

I went to Tata showroom. When calculating price for Hexa, I noticed that Road Tax was calculated on CSD ex-showroom (discounted) price. I discussed this point with the salesperson. He explicitly confirmed that Road Tax would be calculated on CSD ex-showroom price. However, at Mahindra showroom, I was told that Road Tax would be calculated on normal ex-showroom price, irrespective of the CSD price.

Both the showrooms are in the same city - Bangalore.

Can someone help me with the correct road tax calculation?
vagabond128 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 17:04   #258
PGA
BHPian

Every state has it's own trick as far as road tax is concerned. For eg Chandigarh levies on what the invoice states but Punjab levies on max sale price. So you will have to visit your local RTO to clarify on it.
PGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 17:06   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
I am considering buying a car through CSD. I am confused about RTO tax calculation.

I went to Tata showroom. When calculating price for Hexa, I noticed that Road Tax was calculated on CSD ex-showroom (discounted) price. I discussed this point with the salesperson. He explicitly confirmed that Road Tax would be calculated on CSD ex-showroom price. However, at Mahindra showroom, I was told that Road Tax would be calculated on normal ex-showroom price, irrespective of the CSD price.

You will be given a sales slip from the showroom on purchase of the vehicle. The price (company price and CSD price both) would be mentioned in that. Tax is calculated as per what's mentioned in that, the CSD discounted price.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 17:21   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post

Let me expain it with my case as an example.

Ex-showroom cost of S cross zeta at that time : Rs 998812
CSD price ( at that time) : Rs 881097

Deposited Rs 881097 to csd depot. CSD issues an purchase order in name of dealer which can be submitted to dealer and delivery taken.
The cost of car as per purchase order: Rs 971552.

The dealer will receive Rs 971552 from csd. The CSD will claim gst refund of rs 90455 ( Rs 971552- 881097) from the govt.

The dealer issues invoice for rs 971552.

The cost of car for tax purpose is Rs 971552 as this is the cost as per invoice. So ideally the rax should be calculated on this price.

I was also told by one dealer that the online dealer-point registration system has exshowroom prices prefed in the system. So tax is calculated on the normal price. Anyways there is not much difference in csd invoice price and normal exshowroom price.

Also the insurance idv is calculated as per the invoice price. My car has an IDV of Rs 9,50,000 whereas i bought it for Rs 881097.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by car-dent : 18th November 2018 at 17:23. Reason: Spelling
car-dent is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 20:21   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Thanks, can i connect with you to understand the process in a better way. We are also located in Greater Noida
That's nice to know. We should catchup sometime. Will send you my number on a personal message.
Old 12th December 2018, 13:39   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
No co-applicant is required if the age is below 65 yrs of age. The repayment can be up to 70 yrs of age. in our case, the loan is for a period of 52 months as he will be completing 70 yrs at that time. Hope that Helps.
Had to drop my plan of buying a car from CSD after knowing the above fact as my dad is already 66+ years old and I wouldn't have gotten a decent loan tenure for five years as well.

I was looking at other options as my shortlisted cars weren't available in CSD.

Booked my Freestyle in the showroom as part of midnight surprise day before at 11:30 in the night.
Old 24th December 2018, 00:05   #263
BHPian

An update - finally got a chance to avail the CSD benefit for the first time. Picked the Tata Hexa XT (Tata Hexa : Official Review) from SAB Motors,Patel Nagar Ghaziabad under CSD Depot Meerut. On the documentation bit, it was a breeze through Zila Sainik Board, Noida and then the CSD Depot, Meerut. All documentation if prepared correctly, can help getting the processing done very quickly. Some learnings during the process
  • Quotation & Availability Letter is the key. Make sure that the dealer has mentioned the correct Index Number and the cost as per CSD pricelist. Ideally CSD Depot requires (CSD Ex Showroom price +TCS if applicable)
  • If a loan has been secured, Bank Sanction Letter in Original is required by the CSD Accounts Dept which verifies the account transfer. This vital information was missing in the procedure flyer. Thankfully I was carrying the document with me.
dhondusaxena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 11:17   #264
BHPian

My mother has a "Widow of ExServicemen" Card issued by the ZSB. I have the following queries i.e.
a) She is under 65 years. Is there any benefit of taking a loan and adding a co-applicant for the ease of transfer of ownership later on.
b) Please share the link to the post sharing detailed steps for the scenario of the wards procuring the vehicle on their parents name from CSD.
c) Since myself and my mother stay in different cities and we are not keen on the process of surrendering and reissue of a new card from my place just for this purpose. Is there any other alternative regarding the same.
d) What are the restrictions on procuring a vehicle from CSD. One thing i understood from this thread is that the change in ownership can happen only after 4 years. Thanks in advance.
Old 5th February 2019, 12:33   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
My mother has a "Widow of ExServicemen" Card issued by the ZSB. I have the following queries i.e.
a) She is under 65 years. Is there any benefit of taking a loan and adding a co-applicant for the ease of transfer of ownership later on.
I don't think to have a co-applicant or to have a loan will have any impact on ease of transfer.

Quote:
c) Since myself and my mother stay in different cities and we are not keen on the process of surrendering and reissue of a new card from my place just for this purpose. Is there any other alternative regarding the same.
you can buy a car from the dealer within the city where your mother holds the card.
If you want to buy from another city, the indent form still needs to be signed by the Zila Sainik Board where your mother has the card. Once you get the indent form signed, you can approach the depot under which your preferred dealer falls. For me, my Father in Law got the indent form signed from Dehradun but we had bought the car from Noida dealer which falls under Meerut depot. They initially said that it is not allowed like this and we should get it from Dehradun dealer. We requested him and submitted an affidavit that he now lives in Noida with his children. Then they allowed. So, you may want to check it with the depot. You can give them a call and ask.

Quote:
d) What are the restrictions on procuring a vehicle from CSD. One thing I understood from this thread is that the change in ownership can happen only after 4 years. Thanks in advance.
Officers/Widows of officers can buy a car upto 3000CC only once in 4 years and cannot transfer ownership before 4 years. This rule doesn't apply if the car gets stolen/totaled in an accident.

Hope it helps.

Here is the indent form which lists most rules and procedures.
CSD indent_form.pdf
Old 5th February 2019, 12:41   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
Hope it helps.

Here is the indent form which lists most rules and procedures.
Attachment 1845085
Thanks a ton for your quick response. I read in this thread that driving license would be required. However in my case, my mom does not have one. This is not a rare scenario. Any thoughts?
The indent document does mention "Copy of driving license (relaxable for retired JCO/OR & Senior Citizens)". So it looks like it will not be required in my case as my mother is a senior citizen.

Last edited by dpkbehera : 5th February 2019 at 12:46. Reason: Additional Info
Old 5th February 2019, 12:43   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton for your quick response. I read in this thread that driving license would be required. However in my case, my mom does not have one. This is not a rare scenario. Any thoughts?
DL is not required. My father recently bought a car from CSD without DL.
vagabond128 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 12:50   #268
BHPian

Quote:
So it looks like it will not be required in my case as my mother is a senior citizen.
Yes, I don't remember having to provide my father in law's driving license at any place.
Old 10th March 2019, 20:32   #269
KMT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I got an updated price list today. Uploading here.

[ATTACH=Consolidated CSD Price List Final (4)-1.pdf]1804165[/ATTACH]
Dhanush
Thanks for the above details, I have two requests for you.

1)Do you have a current version of this list.

2) Would you know whom I have to contact in Bangalore (for a Karnataka purchase).

Any contact details will be welcome.

Regards
KMT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 22:56   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Dhanush
Thanks for the above details, I have two requests for you.

1)Do you have a current version of this list.

2) Would you know whom I have to contact in Bangalore (for a Karnataka purchase).

Any contact details will be welcome.

Regards

Regrets. I do not have the latest list. Contact the local showroom of the brand you intend to purchase. They will connect you to the person dealing with CSD sales. He will have the latest list too.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks