Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2015, 11:27   #106
BHPian

re: Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Also you are correct about prices in pdf. They are incorrect. There are many dealers as mentioned in my earlier posts too, who have updated prices in excel sheets. So you can contact them and get the correct picture. In case you want i will pm you the rates applicable as on 25th Nov for some locations which i have.
Thank you.
Please PM me whatever price list you have, I'll have a look and see if it's of any use to me.
Old 27th December 2015, 12:55   #107
BHPian

Re: Revised entitlement for purchase of four wheelers from CSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
There has been an enhancement in the service criteria and engine capacity limits for purchase of four wheelers through CSD. This has been announced to take effect from immediate effect.

The most notable of them is that the engine capacity has been increased to 3000 cc from the erstwhile 2500 cc for officer catergory and 2000 cc from the erstwhile 1400 cc for ORs. Additionally, ORs can now buy car after 10 years of service while it was 15 years service earlier.

These are welcome changes bringing in accessibility to masses. Also, with the engine capacity pegged at 3000 cc, I really hope that the likes of Fortuners will come to the fray. I do really hope so.

Further details of enhancement as per photo attached below:

Attachment 1372390
My father worked for Govt. of Gujarat for 33 yeras as a class-II gazetted Officer in irrigation department. Now he is retired. Is he eligible to buy the vehicle through CSD ?
Old 27th December 2015, 14:27   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
My father worked for Govt. of Gujarat for 33 yeras as a class-II gazetted Officer in irrigation department. Now he is retired. Is he eligible to buy the vehicle through CSD ?
CSD facility is available for defence forces and select civilian employees of ministry of defence only.
nik hill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 17:51   #109
BHPian

I am planning of buying a RE classic 350. Can somebody guide me about a dealer who deals in csd near delhi or haryana or UP
Old 8th January 2016, 15:01   #110
BHPian

News just recieved. the following vehicles have also now been introduced in CSD
  • Mahindra TUV 300
  • Suzuki Baleno
  • New Honda Jazz
So all you eligible guys, the choice of cars ex CSD widens.
S Cross is already there but Creta still not available ex CSD
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 02:17   #111
BHPian

Hi all

I'm looking to buy the Figo/Aspire AT through CSD but the AT variant is not listed in the price list online. Does it mean the AT variant is not sold through CSD?

Could somebody PM me the latest CSD price list? I'm not sure the one online has been updated recently!!

Thanks!!
Old 30th January 2016, 08:31   #112
BHPian

Sale of Hyundai Cars ex CSD stopped till further orders.

In a letter dated 27th Jan 2016, the Canteen Stores Department has issued instructions to all Area Managers/Depots that due to Hyundai Motor India Ltd's failure to respond on the issue of introduction of Hyundai Creta into CSD, the sale of all Hyundai Cars listed in CSD be stopped immediately.
nkghai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 17:39   #113

Quote:
Sale of Hyundai Cars ex CSD stopped till further orders.

In a letter dated 27th Jan 2016, the Canteen Stores Department has issued instructions to all Area Managers/Depots that due to Hyundai Motor India Ltd's failure to respond on the issue of introduction of Hyundai Creta into CSD, the sale of all Hyundai Cars listed in CSD be stopped immediately.
Thanks for sharing the info Sir.
We are planning to buy a Creta through CSD (dad being Ex-Army); but god knows when it will be available. Our repeated inquiries have gone in vain. Maybe now that sale of all Hyundai cars has been stopped, they will wake up and introduce Creta in CSD. Or maybe we would also have to buy one off the shelf like you did.

BTW, are you aware of any specific reason for this delay? or is it just because of the crazy high demand for the vehicle.
Old 30th January 2016, 19:05   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Govt stops sale of Hyundai cars at CSD over ‘issue of discount’ on Creta

The dispute emerged after the carmaker was not able to offer asked discount on Creta which has awaiting period of 2-3 months.

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-50785818.jpg

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...creta/50785665

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th January 2016 at 19:06.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 16:29   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Govt stops sale of Hyundai cars at CSD over ‘issue of discount’ on Creta

The dispute emerged after the carmaker was not able to offer asked discount on Creta which has awaiting period of 2-3 months.

Attachment 1466442

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...creta/50785665
Creta misspelled as Certa
This is going to hurt Hyundai, as i see lot of i10 with army stickers in town
TurboGuru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 23:27   #116
BHPian

Hoping to see Hyundai & CSD people resolve this at the earliest.Brand Hyundai has many takers in csd & i too am the one in line. Somehow i feel the burden of this feud is being borne by the army personnel and after being done with all the necessary formalities, it is rather frustrating to keep waiting.

Moreover, no one at the dealership and the depots are certain about when this ban shall be uplifted. If anybody gets any idea, kindly update.
Old 6th February 2016, 09:55   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
it is rather frustrating to keep waiting.
If anybody gets any idea, kindly update.
I share your views. The end sufferer between turf wars is the person for whom these benefits are introduced.
I would blame both for this situation. Hyundai for showing reluctance and not heeding to numerous requests of introducing Creta and CSD for taking this step with immediate effect. It would have been better had CSD placed Hyundai on 2-3 months notice, failing which they should have taken this step.
Hope some better sense prevails.
Although had sent feelers, no update till now.
Old 6th February 2016, 13:56   #118
BHPian

OK
Good news.
I believe differences has been cleared and Hyundai has agreed for Creta introduction into CSD.
Information from a very reliable source in CSD.
So expect all fine in a few days
nkghai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 08:41   #119
BHPian

Missed words

Quote:
OK
Good news.
I believe differences has been cleared and Hyundai has agreed for Creta introduction into CSD.
That should act as a good lesson for all auto companies. They are more than willing to sell market duds in csd but don't want to introduce hot sellers. Ford also did the same with ecosport, introducing it only after the initial demand had subsided. So, in future other companies will be careful while thinking of such funny acts.
A small time pain can give long term benefits, take it in that spirit.
nik hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 23:25   #120
BHPian

Quote:
OK
Good news.
Thank you nkghai, this is atleast one infact the only good news and a sigh of relief because every person i have approached is uncertain and have not clarified the position. As of now the dealer told me that the revised lists have been sent to CSD and shall be updated soon, only thing is if i know how long the wait is going to be, it would become a little more tolerable.

During these days, i changed my mind from the sports variant to the Asta trim since the difference is of 51k only and the added benefits i feel are value for money since if i would have bought the sportz i still would have to shell around 40 k for wheels and tyres. Your update has atleast calmed my nerves for now and i may have a better sleep tonight. Thank you again and please update in case you get some more info.
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks