Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2014, 20:46   #196
BHPian

Re: Ford India cuts Classic price by up to 1 Lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
This price cut is as old as the excise duty cut. Wondering why everyone is publishing it now.

Cheers,

Jay
This is another cut after the excise duty cut.
Old 9th May 2014, 20:55   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
This latest price cut has definitely made the Classic (original Ford Fiesta) a real VFM buy (I have been eyeing her for a while now). The only hitch is next year Ford will introduce their Figo-based compact sedan, which is set to replace the Classic. Will this phasing-out of the Classic have an impact on the after-sales (availability of spares, etc.)? Can the experts clarify, please!
They might even choose to keep the Classic below the Compact sedan, if they decide to make it feel premium with it's interiors! Since they might have already made enough money on the Fiesta, it's OK to keep it and sell atleast 100 of those every month. Makes sense since there is lot of bin sharing with Figo.
Old 9th May 2014, 21:01   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_the_virus View Post
This is another cut after the excise duty cut.
Nope. It isn't. When the Gov't cut excise, Ford immediately passed on benefits and dumped Classic prices further. Back then, they did 4.88 (LXi 1.6P) and 6.18 (LXi 1.4D). I wrote about it two months ago, on the 10th of March. So, this price drop is more than 2 months old.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 11th May 2014, 16:11   #199
BHPian

Thanks guys for your inputs - i am going to decide within this week on whether the Classic 1.6 Titanium or the City SV MT will replace my lil go-kart Zen MPFI...dad was not interested in the 2009 1.6S thats available in the Classifieds :(
If i go for the Classic 1.6T then my 2nd car will be a Jazz AT whenever it launches, but if i go for the City SV then my 2nd car can only be a Celerio, thanks to a budget ceiling of ~15L OTR for both vehicles. Decisions decisions!
Old 11th May 2014, 16:30   #200
Senior - BHPian

Good Move by ford India but what about the new Fiesta?
Its about time ford India cuts prices of its new Fiesta by 1 Lakh.
The car is a market dud!
Old 12th May 2014, 01:18   #201
BHPian

Chindi question alert!

What is the FE range for the 1.6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It is mandatory to make spare parts available for 10 years after they stop manufacturing a model, as per my understanding. But others may correct me if I am wrong.
AFAIK, that is correct!
Turbo_Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 09:38   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Chindi question alert!

In Hyderabad city, it gives around 11 to 12.5 in moderate traffic. It drops to 10.5 to 11 in heavy traffic, with AC on always.

Highway drives give around 13 for triple digit speeds, and 15 to 17 for double digit speeds.

I've posted my FE figures in my long-term ownership thread.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 10:38   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Thanks guys for your inputs - i am going to decide within this week on whether the Classic 1.6 Titanium or the City SV MT will replace my lil go-kart Zen MPFI...dad was not interested in the 2009 1.6S thats available in the Classifieds :(
If i go for the Classic 1.6T then my 2nd car will be a Jazz AT whenever it launches, but if i go for the City SV then my 2nd car can only be a Celerio, thanks to a budget ceiling of ~15L OTR for both vehicles. Decisions decisions!
If you love driving, don't even bother looking at the City 1.5 over the Fiesta 1.6. It's the Ford all the way. You can even get yourself a Polo 1.5 TDI as the new Volkswagen will be cheaper than the outgoing 1.6 TDI due to excise benefits.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 12th May 2014, 10:45   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Chindi question alert!

In Bangalore (All with A/C),
during heavy block traffic its 9~9.5km
Moderate traffic 9~10

In Highway
triple digit speed
100~120 kmh - 15kmpl
>120kmh - 14~15kmpl
80~100 kmh - 15~16 kmpl
70~80 kmh - 16-17kmpl
70~60kmh - 17-18kmpl
<60kmh - 19~20kmpl.

All above is 1.6 sxi with 195/60-R14 tyres. Expect 0.5~1kmpl more on factory fitted tyres.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2014, 21:36   #205
BHPian

Thinking about a car for my father and this is the first choice. It's going to be parked in the garage for most of the times (~500 KM per month). So planning for the 1.6 petrol motor.

Though these are the reasons I am saying, basically it's the love towards Ford's package when it comes to ride and handling coupled with some serious power. I really prefer this one over the similarly priced options for my occasional driving here at home .

Had a bit of negotiation with the dealer nearby (Kerala-Kottayam) and the final OTR for Lxi is 5.62L. This includes full coverage insurance, extended warranty and RSA. I still hope for a room for further reduction, something around 5.5L OTR.

Everything was going well and smooth till the dealer informed me about a waiting period of 3 months for a 1.6. He claims he checked with the Chennai plant and got a communication that no petrol will be available for next 3 months as they got a bulk corporate order.

A bulk order for 1.6 .

Could someone help me out here? Anybody tried to get a 1.6 Lxi recently? Was there any waiting period mentioned? I was hoping to pick this out of the showroom without any delay once the payment is complete.

Comments please, on both quote and waiting.
Old 17th May 2014, 22:29   #206
BHPian

Is the 1.6S still available?
Old 17th May 2014, 23:29   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice29 View Post

Everything was going well and smooth till the dealer informed me about a waiting period of 3 months for a 1.6. He claims he checked with the Chennai plant and got a communication that no petrol will be available for next 3 months as they got a bulk corporate order.

A bulk order for 1.6 .
Apparently, Classic by itself sells only in 3-digit figures and as of now isn't big on priority for Ford India. The volumes of the car should mostly be the oil burners for the diesel-inclined India. So that answers your waiting period, I guess.

And about the bulk order, I believe they must be diesel. Either the dealer is wrong or you might have gotten it wrong. Ford India must be busy catering to those diesel orders too much that concentrating on very few petrol orders is just harder maybe.
Old 18th May 2014, 08:39   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Ford India must be busy catering to those diesel orders too much that concentrating on very few petrol orders is just harder maybe.
1.4 are available ready in lot, all trims and almost all colors. There is no delay, you can just pay and drive away.

Seems like they are not too interested on Lxi variant. 1.6 CLxi is available without any delay. Even a couple of them are there in the dealer lot itself. Could be one reason for I got a story of bulk order.

Let me the check the offer on CLxi. Somehow I am not finding this trim as VFM. The additional features in CLxi should not ask for that premium over Lxi is what I feel. Seems like I need to start a thread in what car section .
Old 19th May 2014, 10:35   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice29 View Post
1.4 are available ready in lot, all trims and almost all colors. There is no delay, you can just pay and drive away...
Kottayam has 2 or 3 Ford dealers right? You might also want to call up the dealers in Cochin / Trivandrum and check on the availability. This dealer might be trying to sell you the available stock by quoting some high waiting period.
Old 19th May 2014, 22:18   #210
BHPian

If you ask me this is a better bet than the sub 4m compact Sedans. Handles superbly, looks a proper sedan, has a good torquey engine and has very good mileage. Despite being old in design it still manages to look good and well proportioned.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks