Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2014, 22:28   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford India cuts Classic price by up to 1 Lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
Is the 1.6S still available?
No its not available, it has been discontinued.
Old 19th August 2015, 22:15   #212
BHPian

Hi all,

Is the Classic still available. It is still listed in Ford's website. Have they discontinued the Classic making way for the new Aspire?
Old 19th August 2015, 22:48   #213
BHPian

May not be for long, leftover stock. But I can bet the Aspire may not be as good as the Classic.
Old 24th August 2015, 17:53   #214

I am on the verge of finalizing a car.
My 2005 Swift is still doing good but am also on the verge of tying the knot so new beginnings with a new car...makes sense?

Now the serious part...I have made some queries and the 1.6 Classic is still available in Delhi.

The published price is around 5.7L.

My main worries are:
- the model is not a hot seller
- is there a chance of getting down an old-ish, warehoused Classic that has been sun-baked for months/years?

Also:
- am no too keen on the Korean and Jap cars
- I drive very little, mainly in the city
- the Swift will be used by my Dad
- Classic will be for my office and weekend driving
- need solidity, solidity...and some more solidity in my drive
- needless to say, the Swift wasn't all that solid
- Skodas are out of my budget
- with little auto wisdom am not the sort of person who should be buying used cars

So please help me conclude:
Is buying the 1.6 Petrol Classic with some company fitted accessories a good option?
Am I taking an undue risk? Am looking at an ownership of at least 7 years.
....and yes,
Does the Classic still have that Ford-brand solidity?
If not, should I go for a Polo.
Seriously confused...!!
Old 24th August 2015, 18:02   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhavk1980 View Post
I
....and yes,
Have you considered the Ford Aspire. I think it will fit in your budget. The classic though a good car is dated and probably will be shelved sooner or later.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 18:17   #216

I have this doubt that all new cars, especially those that hit the road after 2010 are getting lighter though technologically more progressive. I like the old-word solidity. I am ready to buy something that gives FE of 10 km per L but not plastics that come off, power window switches that get stuck, wipers that age so poorly, bumpers that a baby can knock off....UR SUGGESTIONS?
Old 24th August 2015, 18:30   #217
BHPian

Quote:
My 2005 Swift is still doing good but am also on the verge of tying the knot so new beginnings with a new car...makes sense?

Now the serious part...I have made some queries and the 1.6 Classic is still available in Delhi.

My main worries are:
- is there a chance of getting down an old-ish, warehoused Classic that has been sun-baked for months/years?

Also:
- am no too keen on the Korean and Jap cars
- I drive very little, mainly in the city
- the Swift will be used by my Dad
- Classic will be for my office and weekend driving
- need solidity, solidity...and some more solidity in my drive
- needless to say, the Swift wasn't all that solid
- Skodas are out of my budget
- with little auto wisdom am not the sort of person who should be buying used cars

Is buying the 1.6 Petrol Classic with some company fitted accessories a good option?
....and yes,
Seriously confused...!!
First, you should know what you are getting into. You will be buying a decade old model basically, looks wise, interior wise. Other than that, I am betting that it would trump the Aspire in build quality (not to be confused with fit & finish), ride, handling and Steering feedback. Only refinement and maybe straighline performance would be better in the Aspire. All these are my personal opinions, please treat it as such.

Regarding the risk of being stuck with a car that has been in a yard for sometime, you should do a thorough PDI (use the tbhp checklist). If you are not the kind of person who would see a spade for a spade (like me), take someone along who can.

Lastly, for an ownership of 7 years, it would be pushing it in my opinion. If you can live with an oldish car, it would be a decent option at the current price. I think you shouldn't face issues of parts & servicing though.

And if you are open to other ideas, you can post your budget (in the right thread) and members will help you.
Old 24th August 2015, 18:39   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My main worries are:

....and yes,
Seriously confused...!!
Honestly - if you are willing to make peace with the fact that the vehicle will be obsolete and discontinued soon, it is a perfect buy!

It is solid (though not rattle-free), and one of the best driver's vehicles in the mass-market - yes it will put a skoda/VW to shame with that engine, steering, and ride/handling balance.

In terms of reliability, most Fiesta 1.6 owners are very happy with their vehicles - look at some of the ownership reviews. I for one was very happy with our Fiesta 1.4 TDCi that we used for 6-7 years and nearly 1L kms.
For the date of manufacturing part - get a hold of the VIN number and decode it to find out when it was manufactured.
Also, pick up an extended warranty - and you should be a happy customer! Possibly a lot happier than if you went with the Polo.

Just be warned - after those 7 years, finding a replacement will also be exceedingly difficult. We replaced our Fiesta with a Skoda Laura - and even though its a lot more powerful and solid and feature loaded - it comes no where close to the FTD experience the Fiesta provided. Only the previous generation Jetta came close.

Last edited by lamborghini : 24th August 2015 at 18:41.
Old 24th August 2015, 18:47   #219
BHPian

Quote:
I have this doubt that all new cars, especially those that hit the road after 2010 are getting lighter though technologically more progressive. I like the old-word solidity. I am ready to buy something that gives FE of 10 km per L but not plastics that come off, power window switches that get stuck, wipers that age so poorly, bumpers that a baby can knock off....UR SUGGESTIONS?
It's proven that modern cars are more efficient and safer by all the tests.

By modern. I mean the well researched one and not the modern versions of old cars like Alto, Omni, etc.

A lighter car with an excellent crumple zone will be far safer than the old and thick built but with no crumple zone cars. E.g. A 2015's Jetta would be safer than 2000's Jetta.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 18:50   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My main worries are:

Seriously confused...!!
Personally, I don't think it is an undue risk. Support and service will be available up to 7 years after the product is discontinued. I bought my zen 2nd hand the month it was discontinued. So from that perspective you should be ok.

Having said that, considering the amount of choices available today, it may not be a great idea to buy an old car and keep it for 7 years.

Since you are not keen on Koreans and japs, in the budget you are looking at, the polo is pretty much the best option. It is solid and sturdy and well loaded. With a rumored refresh bringing in orvm turn indicators and cruise control, it would be good value. Since it is for in city use, the traditional polo disadvantages of poor rear seat space will not be an issue.
Old 24th August 2015, 19:05   #221
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, our family is interested in buying a small petrol car to put our old beloved WagonR out to pasture. So our requirements aren't really much and any old little hatch will do but the discontinuation of the Fiesta Classic poses an interesting buy for us I know that the car was manufactured until March of this year and there was one available in Bangalore from Cauvery Ford however I never got a very good response from them and when I inquired about discounts they merely offered me 30k off, that particular car has now been sold they say but my desire to own a 1.6 titanium, hasn't gone. Any inputs on how to locate any 1.6 titanium that might still be in stock? Is it possible to get it from another state?
Old 24th August 2015, 19:07   #222

My budget remains at 7.5L.
I don't want to go for a Diesel simply because my miles remain rather low.
Some folks at home suggested buying a used Skoda and spending some on getting the works done but for me to judge and trust a used car just does not seem possible...creates anxiety pangs!

Until yesterday I had these three options in mind:
  • Classic - for reasons already quoted
  • Avventura - because of the Fiat fandom about stability and quality of construction but it might go out of budget
  • Polo - the seemingly better option with more than anticipated visibility on Delhi roads
Is there any hidden option I don't know about?
7.5L is THE MAX...CANNOT GO BEYOND THIS.
Old 24th August 2015, 20:19   #223
BHPian

Quote:
7.5L is THE MAX...CANNOT GO BEYOND THIS.[/b]
Since you are not looking for a Diesel, why don't you also consider the following:

1. Zest
2. Aspire

On road for the top end petrol's should be around 7.5 L.

3. Vento

There are a lot discounts happening for the Punto, Aventura and the Linea - if you are inclined to go for them.
Old 25th August 2015, 05:17   #224
BHPian

Personally, i would not touch a rotting car from dealer shed beyond six months of manufacturing date. It is not worth it. With strict 7.5 lakhs on road budget, my choice in order would be 1. Polo petrol (dont worry about three pot engine, it is very torquey for city driving), 2. used Vento TSI, and 3. Punto 1.3 diesel.

If with some divine intervention, the budjet goes up to 10 lakhs, look NO FURTHER than Linea TJet. It is that good. It is like gliding through Indian roads outside while cutting butter with hot knife inside.
Old 25th August 2015, 06:38   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you look at the new Fiat Linea T-Jet?
With a bit of conservative driving you should be able to get 10kmpl and the car is known to be solid and thrilling to drive.

Last edited by jayded : 25th August 2015 at 06:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks