Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 19:44   #646
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats brother, looks sweet in this white shade. A good set of alloys and wider tyres would complete the side profile and weigh up the steering. Time to edit your signature eh
Thanks coolboy,

Yes, i knew it needed larger rims & wider tyres and hence those had been ordered before delivery itself, check them out here;

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445423843.535950.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ml#post3830867

Rims were to be put up today itself but there is slight delay from my side as I'm traveling (In Goa) and i want the rims and tyres to be put on when I'm around just to see everything goes well and hence this swap will be done by wednesday now

Last edited by karan561 : 26th October 2015 at 19:49.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 02:20   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Thanks coolboy,

Yes, i knew it needed larger rims & wider tyres and hence those had been ordered before delivery itself, check them out here;
Are those 15" rims ?
Is it ok to upgrade tyre / rim sizes now that the dealership staff at almost all outlets have been warning against upgrades citing voiding of warranty ?
Old 27th October 2015, 07:40   #648
Distinguished - BHPian

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Are those 15" rims ?

Is it ok to upgrade tyre / rim sizes now that the dealership staff at almost all outlets have been warning against upgrades citing voiding of warranty ?

See if you keep asking SA & Dealership about such upgrades no one is going to say please go ahead your warranty will be intact. It is very well understood that this wont impact warranty of the engine or drivetrain in any manner, worst they can void is the suspension warranty which however is going to last long enough before your tyres would worn out & you will require a change.

Its a very practical thing & you dont need "permission" from SA or Dealerships for such mods, its your decision

Last edited by karan561 : 27th October 2015 at 07:41.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 07:47   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Are those 15" rims ? Is it ok to upgrade tyre / rim sizes now that the dealership staff at almost all outlets have been warning against upgrades citing voiding of warranty ?
Dealerships/SAs will always say no as its the easiest answer, because saying yes is a slippery slope - we might sensibly choose 15" 5.5J or 6J alloys, but someone out there will go insane with 17" 7J alloys. Or they might stick to 15" alloys but put on some cheap alloys which are heavy, which damages the suspension quicker over time, leading to warranty claims and a reputation that the suspension wears out easily.

The best is to be practical - don't upsize too much, check the wheel well for fouling with using larger alloys or wider tires. If you're particular, compare the weight of the wheel+tire of the before and after option. They shouldn't vary by too much.

Quote:
See if you keep asking SA & Dealership about such upgrades no one is going to say please go ahead your warranty will be intact. It is very well understood that this wont impact warranty of the engine or drivetrain in any manner, worst they can void is the suspension warranty which however is going to last long enough before your tyres would worn out & you will require a change.
Well said!
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 09:44   #650

Re: Ford Figo : Review, Price & Pictures

I like the car as is, for its styling and its built in features. Slight heart ache is that the mileage is a meagre 11.8 kmpl even after 3000 kms, calculated from auto cutoff to auto cutoff during most recent tankful after first service. (the FE reading in the dashboard display says 11.2 kmpl)

Anyways, coming to the topic of discussion, I wonder if the features in this car can be tweaked further without major structural changes or expense. So making a wishlist of good-to-have features for the Figo. Would like to hear your suggestions or corrections to these below points.

1. Front Chrome radiator grille similar to the Ecosport design. (I don't seem to find this anywhere, so DYI - Chrome beading roll tape cut to shape and fix in place with double tape)
2. Steering mounted audio and phone controls.(Though Figo has a left side audio control knob below the steering wheel, I would still love to have the new model Figo steering wheel retrofitted without compromising on the airbag system)
3. Rain sensing wipers
4. Dead pedal (6 foot tall, heavy build and a heavy left foot. end up leaning on the clutch slightly, even when not being used so struggling to find an ideal driving position/seat inclination and height. Wonder if dead pedal might help?)
5. Auto dimming mirror (the roads are filled with high beam maniacs, wish there was a auto dimming feature for the wind shield as well)
6. Reverse camera hidden next to the Number plate illumination lights, without having to make a hole in the rear bumper.
7. Front camera (thinking of placing at top-left corner of the front windshield inside, pointing to the left front corner of the car)
8. Touch screen display for navigation/ music/ 2 camera screen inputs. Had once seen an awesome DIY thread for setting up nexus 8 for Figo in this website but hope there is a ready made product available.
9. Bumper to bumper racing stripes in electric blue (think its the best contrast color to my Panther black car, without seeming like a political flag design)
10. Rear power windows (big sore point for Figo)
11. Auto retractable ORVMs (wouldn't have to run around the car each time I park the vehicle)
12. Retractable window shades. I have seen it comes factory fitted in high end luxury cars, wonder if it can be fitted outside for Figo.
13. Reflector strips on inside edges of the door
14. If possible, would like to change the led back-light of the audio, AC controls and indicators from the glaring Orange to a soothing blue.

That's all I can think of for now.
Cheers!
Old 27th October 2015, 22:30   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Everytime i start the car this is shown in the MID of the instrument cluster;

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445965090.552537.jpg

This is displayed till i dont press the trip button on the right indicator stalk & then other things like FE, Range etc. are shown.

Abyone can clarify what this " transp " means ?

PS - Short form of Transport ?
Old 27th October 2015, 22:46   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Abyone can clarify what this " transp " means ?
PS - Short form of Transport ?
Yep, see the below explanation from HolyDriver earlier in this thread. Also, check this post, or this video for guidance on how to remove it from other Fords:

If you're not sure/comfortable about this, then ask the ASC to do so. What's your odo reading as of now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
Even I think it is the transport mode.
The vehicle is placed in a transport mode at the completion of production to reduce battery drain.One may think of it as "Sleep Mode". Various features (eg Central locking/Remote Keyless Entry) may be disabled or behave differently when in Transport mode. The vehicle automatically reverts to normal operation after 80 km. To disable or turn off the transport mode in Fords in the US, the procedure used to be something like this:
Verify the battery is fully charged.
With ignition in RUN, press brake pedal 5 times.
Press hazard switch 4 times (on, off, on, off).

Last edited by arunphilip : 27th October 2015 at 22:47.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 23:38   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Yep, see the below explanation from HolyDriver earlier in this thread. Also, check this post, or this video for guidance on how to remove it from other

If you're not sure/comfortable about this, then ask the ASC to do so. What's your odo reading as of now?
Thanks will try it out tomorrow
Old 28th October 2015, 16:08   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Yep, see the below explanation from HolyDriver earlier in this thread. Also, check this post, or this video for guidance on how to remove it from other Fords:

It worked, the car is out of "transport" mode

Update on the rims:

As i update this post the rims are being put on the car

Balancing done & the car is ready for some larger rims & wider rubber;

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446028678.961632.jpg
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 17:23   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

And the rims are on

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446033061.691879.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446033111.233225.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446033212.417699.jpg

^ The FIGO now needs an RS Badge

Last edited by karan561 : 28th October 2015 at 17:27.
karan561 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 17:36   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And the rims are on
Awesome colour and design - it works perfectly well on white These are 195 mm wide tires, right? They fill up the fender perfectly, instead of sitting inside the body-line of the car.

Do give us a report about the Conti MC5s also. And a side shot of the car on the ground to see its stance. I bet once people see these pics of 195 tires on 15" alloys, they'll be sorely tempted, threats of warranty-voiding be damned!
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 17:37   #657
BHPian

That's one great looking Figo you've got there Karan. Nice choice of wheels too mate. Those rims and thicker rubber certainly add lots of zing to the car's overall styling. Will be looking forward to a proper shoot-out of the exteriors with this new set of wheels. And do let us know about any difference in ride and handling you felt with these new set of tyres as compared to the stock ones. For now, enjoy your new acquisition. Cheers!
GameOfCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 17:46   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the rims are on
Looks smashing! Love that look and stance.
What tyre size? 195/55R15?
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 19:21   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome colour and design - it works perfectly well on white These are 195 mm wide tires, right? They fill up the fender perfectly, instead of sitting inside the body-line of the car.

Do give us a report about the Conti MC5s also. And a side shot of the car on the ground to see its stance. I bet once people see these pics of 195 tires on 15" alloys, they'll be sorely tempted, threats of warranty-voiding be damned!
Yes the tyres are 195/55.

I somehow feel the wheel well could have swallowed a 195/60 too.

I have these MC5's on my Scala & run about 25k ams, doing well. Amazing ride quality & grip levels & good on that odd pothole / broken patch too & that makes it better than equivalent Michelin PLC or now the 3ST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
That's one great looking Figo you've got there Karan. Nice choice of wheels too mate. Those rims and thicker rubber certainly add lots of zing to the car's overall styling. Will be looking forward to a proper shoot-out of the exteriors with this new set of wheels. And do let us know about any difference in ride and handling you felt with these new set of tyres as compared to the stock ones. For now, enjoy your new acquisition. Cheers!
Thanks, yes let the running in of the tyres be complete shall surely give a proper review on the ride & handling then

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Looks smashing! Love that look and stance.
What tyre size? 195/55R15?
Yes its 195/55 R15
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 19:47   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The FIGO now needs an RS Badge
Total Drool karan and for that buddy

Considering the claimed 0-100 of under 10secs and your thirst at increasing the ponies under the hood, IMO RS badge can be skipped totally !!

How about a 'ST' badge??
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks