Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:36   #691
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Got a chance to drive the Figo DCT over the weekend...
Did you drive the diesel variant yet? Would be nice to hear about the variant from a Fiesta owner. I would like to know how far / near is the new Figo to the Fiesta with respect to the Fun To Drive factor.
Old 3rd November 2015, 07:44   #692
BHPian

2015 Figo Variant-Price Comparison.
  • Features common in all variants
    The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-figo-1-all-variants.jpg

• Base v Ambiente
    The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-figo-2-base-v-ambiente.jpg

• Ambiente vs Trend
    The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-figo-3-ambiente-v-trend.jpg

• Trend vs Titanium
    The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-figo-4-trend-v-titanium.jpg

• Titanium vs Titanium+
    The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-figo-5-titanium-v-titaniumplus.jpg

* - As per Brochure. Website lists these features differently.
Note:
  • All prices ex-showroom Delhi.
  • Variant wise features taken from Figo Brochure on Ford India website.
  • Trend+ is listed as dealer fitment and price is not provided in the website and hence is not considered. Alloys are the only meaningful feature that one gets with Trend+ variant.
  • In case there are any typos/mistakes, please let me know.
  • Also attached the Excel file, in case anyone wants to make any other customized comparison.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Ford Figo - Variants.xlsx (24.8 KB, 589 views)
mrbaddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:47   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did you drive the diesel variant yet? Would be nice to hear about the variant from a Fiesta owner. I would like to know how far / near is the new Figo to the Fiesta with respect to the Fun To Drive factor.
Yes, I drove it last month. Had shared a few pics in the older thread. It felt the same as Aspire. Thoughts here:. The steering doesn't have the poise or sharpness of the Fiesta and the front end feels a bit disconnected. The biggest highlight is the updated TDCi but I didn't give it the full beans in the Figo to feel the difference as it was early in the morning and the engine was really cold and new. The odometer reading was less than 200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
[*]In case there are any typos/mistakes, please let me know.
Rear wash wipe is missing from the comparison. Its not your fault, I checked the latest brochure from the website and its missing there too. Whoever created (Ctrl-C) the brochure by looking at the one for Aspire forgot to mention that. Had highlighted it long back and Ford hasn't managed to fix it still. Sad!
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:52   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
2015 Figo Variant-Price Comparison.
Quote:
Rear wash wipe is missing from the comparison
Good spot with respect to the rear washer/wiper. Some days ago, I'd done some checking on this and found that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
...the rear wiper, washer, and defogger are present on only the Titanium and Titanium+ variants of the Figo. Here is a photo of the rear of the Trend variant of the Figo 1.2P, devoid of all those three.
Old 3rd November 2015, 09:42   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Rear Wash & wipe is missing from the comparison. Its not your fault, I checked the latest brochure from the website and its missing there too. Whoever created (Ctrl-C) the brochure by looking at the one for Aspire forgot to mention that. Had highlighted it long back and Ford hasn't managed to fix it still. Sad!
Thanks for pointing it out. I'll try to get the post edited with moderators. Is it available on Titanium onwards variants?

In fact they also got couple of features marked wrong between the brochure and the website comparison tool. Note the asterisk marked ones in my post.

Last edited by mrbaddy : 3rd November 2015 at 09:43. Reason: Changed variant name
Old 3rd November 2015, 10:37   #696
BHPian

Has anyone checked out the car cover sold by Ford? Is it good? It says, made for imported Polyester material. So will it be safe to use it without scratching the paint?

Please let me know.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-carcover.png
Old 3rd November 2015, 14:16   #697
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Has anyone checked out the car cover sold by Ford? Is it good? It says, made for imported Polyester material. So will it be safe to use it without scratching the paint?

Please let me know.

Attachment 1434921
Hi teemus,
I have been using this cover for Aspire while I park it outside. It's very light and doesn't scratch the paint. It has got a buckle to latch. Don't know what will happen in rains though.
The Rationalist.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 14:28   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hi teemus,
I have been using this cover for Aspire while I park it outside. It's very light and doesn't scratch the paint. It has got a buckle to latch. Don't know what will happen in rains though.
The Rationalist.
Thanks for the info!

I am haggling with my SA to get it for free when I go to put on the seat covers and the essential kit; which is still out of stock even after 10 days of bringing the car home
Old 3rd November 2015, 15:37   #699
BHPian

Today saw new Figo in blue standing next to new Jazz in White and i20 (old) in silver. To me Figo looked much better, its hard to describe but Figo was looking solid built vs Jazz looking a distant second.

With driver seat pushed all the way back, rear seat in Figo still had lot of room for passenger. The inner console lifted of Ecosport was looking nice though a bit too over crowded in smaller car.

Not in a need of new car but will still go for test drive of Figo AT, with decent marketing efforts Ford should be able to sell this in good number.
Old 4th November 2015, 02:11   #700
BHPian

Hey, is anybody in the know-how about when the official Team-BHP review of all-new Figo will be out ? Eagerly waiting !

Rgds.
dtox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 09:42   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I am haggling with my SA to get it for free when I go to put on the seat covers and the essential kit; which is still out of stock even after 10 days of bringing the car home
Do u really need the essential kit. I assume, like here, it's the mud flaps + fabric floor mats + boot mat.
My suggestion is take only the flaps. 3d mats are available on eBay for 2800 or u can do a noodle mat DIY for around 1300 like I'm planning to do. (I'm assuming that the kit costs 5100).

The boot mat is not really necessary. But I'm thinking of putting a custom vinyl mat in the boot.

Last edited by samaspire : 4th November 2015 at 09:54.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 17:36   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't want to start a flame war between Maruti and Ford's offerings, but I do want to call this out here.

Maruti are readying their turbocharged petrol engine (BoosterJet) for release in the Baleno. The following flyer was spotted and shared by volkman10 in the Baleno thread (Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs).
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-balenobooster.jpg
The reason this caught my eye is that Maruti seem to intend offering the Baleno with the BoosterJet engine and a 6-speed automatic. I don't know if it will offer the Polo GT TSI's levels of performance, but as a turbo-petrol, its broad torque curve is something that an auto-box will be able to exploit.

Based on pricing, it might end up on part with or cheaper than the Polo, and that will make things juicy for customers (and harder for the Figo AT!).
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 18:31   #703
BANNED

[quote=arunphilip;3841242]I don't want to start a flame war between Maruti and Ford's offerings[url=").[/QUOTE]
The above picture is from UK website and the mentioned AT is a DCT. Very unlikely for Maruti to launch it anytime soon in India. This same gearbox is going to be offered on the Vitara it seems. Now Ford has to do something soon rather than wait and get caught by surprise. The market is ripe for Ecoboost and an AT!
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 18:47   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The above picture is from UK website and the mentioned AT is a DCT. Very unlikely for Maruti to launch it anytime soon in India.
Thank you for that context, I wasn't aware of that.

Quote:
Now Ford has to do something soon rather than wait and get caught by surprise. The market is ripe for Ecoboost and an AT!
Slightly OT: Isn't this the point where all of us once again start jumping up and down begging Ford to launch the Fiesta + EcoBoost + AT?

And isn't it from now to eternity that Ford ignores us?
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 01:27   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Now Ford has to do something soon rather than wait and get caught by surprise. The market is ripe for Ecoboost and an AT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
And isn't it from now to eternity that Ford ignores us?
Given the launch of Abarth and impending GTi, Ford should do something like a Figo ST/ Cosworth with the 1.5L-EcoBoost and mate it to DCT. Now, that would be PERFECT.

Last edited by ashwin489 : 5th November 2015 at 01:55.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks