Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2014, 14:06   #46
RSR
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Does anyone here have insider info about the K10 facellift launch? Thinking of booking one in ~2 months. Not sure whether to wait or not.
I would definitely recommend waiting for the facelifted Alto k10 or Alto1000. Not only is it going to be better in quite a few aspects, but it will most likely come with at least a driver airbag as optional on some variants (just like the Alto800, and unlike the current Alto k10). This alone should be worth the wait, IMHO.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 13:37   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I would definitely recommend waiting for the facelifted Alto k10 or Alto1000. Not only is it going to be better in quite a few aspects, but it will most likely come with at least a driver airbag as optional on some variants (just like the Alto800, and unlike the current Alto k10). This alone should be worth the wait, IMHO.
Thanks. Yeah, the lack of safety in the K10 is a pretty big concern. We had about 7L of budget and had plans of buying a top variant B2 segment petrol car. But the budget got cut down due to unforeseen medical expenses.
Now the budget is low. Had thought of getting A-Star ZXI with ABS and airbags by stretching hard. But since the A-Star isn't available anymore, I thought of getting a K10, keep it for 2 years and sell it.

Going through the news, it says that the facelift may be launched in 2015. That means considering the huge bookings etc, it may be mid 2015 by the time we can get it.

Is there any better option this side of 5L(OTR BLR, K10 is 4.3L OTR) which is at least a bit fun to drive?
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 14:41   #48
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any better option this side of 5L(OTR BLR, K10 is 4.3L OTR) which is at least a bit fun to drive?
I'd recommend taking a look at the Maruti Suzuki Celerio - it's a new model with much more space (thanks to the tall boy design), and the same peppy & fun 1.0 lit. K10 engine gives it a good power-to-weight ratio. The design may not give it the low slung handling prowess of the A-Star, but it should be acceptable. If you can stretch a bit, the ZXi trim level comes with a good set of features (driver airbag, rear wash-wipe, remote locking, all power windows, Bluetooth-enabled ICE with steering mounted controls, electric ORVMs with turn indicators, MID, tilt steering, split folding rear seats etc.)

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-image.jpg

Other options that have some FTD factor are the newly launched Datsun Go and Hyundai Eon 1.0 Kappa. The Go doesn't get an airbag on any variant and has some cost-cutting, but it is big, spacious and gets a torquey 1.2 lit. engine. The Eon 1.0 Kappa is available only in a Magna+ variant which loses out on the driver airbag (the well loaded Sportz variant does get it, but for now comes only with an 800cc engine that simply lacks the FTD quotient). The Figo 1.2 ZXi is a well loaded, spacious and solid car with great handling and steering, but it needs a bit more stretching. Also, the petrol engine is not great and a bit thirsty (comparatively).

The Alto800 VXi (with airbag) is excellent value for money and is decent fun-to-drive as well, but lacks the sheer thrill provided by the larger k10 engine.

Last edited by RSR : 21st June 2014 at 14:44.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 14:25   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I'd recommend taking a look at the Maruti Suzuki Celerio - it's a new model with much more space (thanks to the tall boy design), and the same peppy & fun 1.0 lit. K10 engine gives it a good power-to-weight ratio. The design may not give it the low slung handling prowess of the A-Star, but it should be acceptable. If you can stretch a bit, the ZXi trim level comes with a good set of features (driver airbag, rear wash-wipe, remote locking, all power windows, Bluetooth-enabled ICE with steering mounted controls, electric ORVMs with turn indicators, MID, tilt steering, split folding rear seats etc.)

Attachment 1252374

Other options that have some FTD factor are the newly launched Datsun Go and Hyundai Eon 1.0 Kappa. The Go doesn't get an airbag on any variant and has some cost-cutting, but it is big, spacious and gets a torquey 1.2 lit. engine. The Eon 1.0 Kappa is available only in a Magna+ variant which loses out on the driver airbag (the well loaded Sportz variant does get it, but for now comes only with an 800cc engine that simply lacks the FTD quotient). The Figo 1.2 ZXi is a well loaded, spacious and solid car with great handling and steering, but it needs a bit more stretching. Also, the petrol engine is not great and a bit thirsty (comparatively).

The Alto800 VXi (with airbag) is excellent value for money and is decent fun-to-drive as well, but lacks the sheer thrill provided by the larger k10 engine.
Thanks again for the detailed reply and help
I looked at the The Celerio ZXI. But AFAIK, the safety features come only in the ZXI(O) which costs 5.95L here. Figo titanium is available for 20k more.
I also looked at the Eon 1.0. But there is no good review of it and I'm not sure if the car has any FTD factor. Go is ruled out due to the resale value as we have plans of selling this after 2 years.
Alto 800 with airbag is a great buy but the 800cc engine is a turn off for an enthusiast as you know.
I wish the Alto K10 was available in that same body as 800 VXI airbag.

After thinking of the above options, the choices that come to mind are, K10 VXi and Celerio ZXI(O). But the Celerio has 4-6 months waiting period. Any idea about the waiting period of K10?
Old 22nd June 2014, 19:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again for the detailed reply and help
I looked at the The Celerio ZXI. But AFAIK, the safety features come only in the ZXI(O) which costs 5.95L here. Figo titanium is available for 20k more.
I also looked at the Eon 1.0. But there is no good review of it and I'm not sure if the car has any FTD factor. Go is ruled out due to the resale value as we have plans of selling this after 2 years.
Alto 800 with airbag is a great buy but the 800cc engine is a turn off for an enthusiast as you know.

After thinking of the above options, the choices that come to mind are, K10 VXi and Celerio ZXI(O). But the Celerio has 4-6 months waiting period. Any idea about the waiting period of K10?
Why not considered a pre-worshipped option? Something like a previous generation honda city. Will come with two airbags and is a hoot to drive.
scuderiamania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:12   #51
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again for the detailed reply and help.
You're welcome!

Quote:
The Celerio ZXi does get a single driver airbag, while the ZXi(O) gets 2 airbags and ABS. It's the same with the facelifted Figo - ZXI gets a driver airbag while the Titanium gets 2 airbags and ABS.

This is fair on the part of both Maruti Suzuki and Ford - providing a driver airbag on the second highest variant, instead of forcing one to buy the top variant for safety features.

Quote:
Autocar India have posted a first drive (not a full test drive) of the Eon 1.0 Kappa:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-388269.aspx

I wouldn't recommend the Eon 1.0 Kappa or the Go, until their manufacturers provide at least a driver airbag on them.

Quote:
I believe that is exactly what the facelift is all about.

Quote:
But the Celerio has 4-6 months waiting period. Any idea about the waiting period of K10?
I think the Celerio's waiting period has come down for the manual version (AMT still has a long waiting list). Alto k10 should be available off the shelf, with some discounts too.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 21:26   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Why not considered a pre-worshipped option? Something like a previous generation honda city. Will come with two airbags and is a hoot to drive.
We're afraid that we may end up with a problem filled car in the used car route. However, if we come to know about a used car with a known good maintenance, we'd definitely consider that.

Quote:
You're welcome!

The Celerio ZXi does get a single driver airbag, while the ZXi(O) gets 2 airbags and ABS. It's the same with the facelifted Figo - ZXI gets a driver airbag while the Titanium gets 2 airbags and ABS.

This is fair on the part of both Maruti Suzuki and Ford - providing a driver airbag on the second highest variant, instead of forcing one to buy the top variant for safety features.

Autocar India have posted a first drive (not a full test drive) of the Eon 1.0 Kappa:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-388269.aspx

I wouldn't recommend the Eon 1.0 Kappa or the Go, until their manufacturers provide at least a driver airbag on them.

I believe that is exactly what the facelift is all about.

I think the Celerio's waiting period has come down for the manual version (AMT still has a long waiting list). Alto k10 should be available off the shelf, with some discounts too.
Will consider all the points mentioned by you. Will discuss and report back.
Old 19th September 2014, 11:55   #53
Team-BHP Support

More pictures and details of the Alto K10 facelift have surfaced.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 12:16   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
More pictures and details of the Alto K10 facelift have surfaced.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
The earlier one looks way better
Old 19th September 2014, 12:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

New Akto1000 is expected to be AMT? Current k10 is cheaper by 50k than WagonR. Will the AMT alto be cheaper by similar amount to the Celerio? That would make it the cheapest Automatic in Indian market.
Old 19th September 2014, 12:30   #56
BHPian

What's wrong with the designers? It looks so weird while trying to pull off the fluidic theme. On one hand Hyundai is trying to tone down the cuts and the creases while on the other hand, the rest of the manufacturers are all over it.
Old 19th September 2014, 13:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The earlier one looks way better
I second that thought. This looks sad.

Maruti is churning out ugly looking cars one after the other(the alto 800,the celerio and now this).

The Swift,Ertiga and Ritz are already looking dated if not ugly.No comments for the Dzire.
Just compare an Eon to an Alto, a Brio to a Celerio, an i20 to a swift, a Jazz to the Ertiga in terms of design(looks) and the Marutis look a generation older.Hope Ciaz is a new beginning.
Old 19th September 2014, 14:55   #58
Senior - BHPian

The side profile picture of the white car reminds me of the old Sipani Montana
Old 19th September 2014, 19:55   #59
Senior - BHPian

An Alto with AMT! Maruti better get truck loads of kits from Magneti Marelli. I sense a huge waiting period come January.
Old 19th September 2014, 21:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

The car looks ugly. I'm glad I went ahead and bought a WagonR instead of waiting for this. The old K10 had some character. This one, the less said the better. The only saving grace, an AMT will be available at a lower price point, making it more affordable for the masses.

Last edited by longhorn : 19th September 2014 at 21:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks