Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2014, 14:04   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Why is the 1.6L so horribly priced?? Is it for some other market?? With this kind of pricing, I doubt MSIL will launch it here.. Or am I missing something??

Regards,
Shashi
Those declared values for 1.6L engine is the cost of the prototype. Hence it will look absurd. The Ciaz had an initially declared value of 12L+ when it was being sent for validation. This prototype 1.6L version was exported in April and hence the pricing is little surprising. The final version hasnt shown up in these records so once it does, the real pricing will be known.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 14:14   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
the fact that one variant falls under a different export code(meant for cars with >1500cc engines) tells us that it is a 1.6L MJD from Fiat.
Source - zauba.com
Stupid question: The table says "1.6L engine". How do we know if it's a petrol or diesel engine?
Old 21st December 2014, 14:27   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Stupid question: The table says "1.6L engine". How do we know if it's a petrol or diesel engine?
Not the table, I said it was so

Firstly because if the car is having an export code of 87032391, it should have an engine capacity of greater than 1.6L and the other variants have been exported under the code 87032291 which is for cars having engines between 1L and 1.5L.

Basically the engine numbers are the give away. Here is how the engine numbers are decoded:

K14BN50****** - K14 engine - Same as Ciaz and ertiga
D13 22**** - 1.3L multijet - Same as Ciaz and Ertiga
M16AN20******** - M16A engine as in SX4

Coming to the imported S-Cross from Hungary, its engine number is D16AA7051789

Now the S-Cross prototypes sent for evaluation have the same engine number series - 7095****

Thats how you learn which engine goes into which car

Same way, I see a YL8 in Zauba with the 1.6L diesel engine. Guess thats a bigger sedan in production. The YRA hatch is coming with 1.3L diesel and 1.4L petrol engines going by engine numbers.

EDIT: The internet says that the YL8 is the Ertiga. If so, then it is being tested with a 1.6L engine!

Last edited by audioholic : 21st December 2014 at 14:35.
audioholic is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 14:53   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not the table, I said it was so

Firstly because if the car is having an export code of 87032391, it should have an engine capacity of greater than 1.6L and the other variants have been exported under the code 87032291 which is for cars having engines between 1L and 1.5L.

Basically the engine numbers are the give away. Here is how the engine numbers are decoded:

Coming to the imported S-Cross from Hungary, its engine number is D16AA7051789

Now the S-Cross prototypes sent for evaluation have the same engine number series - 7095****

Thats how you learn which engine goes into which car

Same way, I see a YL8 in Zauba with the 1.6L diesel engine. Guess thats a bigger sedan in production. The YRA hatch is coming with 1.3L diesel and 1.4L petrol engines going by engine numbers.

EDIT: The internet says that the YL8 is the Ertiga. If so, then it is being tested with a 1.6L engine!
Very informative post. Just pressing the 'thanks' button didn't seem enough.

Maruti really is going very aggressive then. A 1.6 Ertiga will really take the game from the Mobilio - given the pricing levels and quality.

Also- I'm just wondering how you distinguished between the 90hp and 75hp versions by looking at the engine number. I'm new to this game.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 15:18   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Very informative post. Just pressing the 'thanks' button didn't seem enough.

Maruti really is going very aggressive then. A 1.6 Ertiga will really take the game from the Mobilio - given the pricing levels and quality.
Along with 1.6, I hope they also make it a bit more plush for the interiors.

Quote:
Also- I'm just wondering how you distinguished between the 90hp and 75hp versions by looking at the engine number. I'm new to this game.
Along with D13A, it also says high power. Is that the give away?
Old 21st December 2014, 15:45   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Along with 1.6, I hope they also make it a bit more plush for the interiors.

Along with D13A, it also says high power. Is that the give away?
D13 in swift has some 18****** or 19 something so that's different to what's being produced on ertiga and ciaz which has the 22 series. Same is with the premium hatch and XA Alpha which all have the 90BHP version with engine series 22****** or 24*****. In the description for the premium hatch they ve clearly mentioned as High power hence I put the same thing here. Just a little analysis
Old 21st December 2014, 16:42   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The internet says that the YL8 is the Ertiga. If so, then it is being tested with a 1.6L engine!
Earlier as reported, Suzuki is in the advanced stages of the new diesel engine development.

Quote:
After the 800-cc engine, it is working on two derivatives of a four-cylinder engine, a 1.6-litre variant for Europe and a 1.5-litre one for India. India levies higher excise tax on vehicles having engine size of more 1.5 litres.
Also was reported the 1.5 Suzuki's engine will be seen in Ertiga. If so has YL8 testing commenced?

Also with the extensive testing Maruti is doing in the S Cross, will the Suzuki 1.5 L diesel debut in S Cross?

The report also cements the fact that the 1.3 DDIS and a 1.5 diesel engines will be offered in future Maruti Vehicles as variants - which is speculated to start with S Cross.

Quote:
This new engine is expected to complement the existing Fiat multi-jet engine and will not replace it. The aim is to offer wider choice to the customers
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/44447976.cms
Old 21st December 2014, 17:15   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Earlier as reported, Suzuki is in the advanced stages of the new diesel engine development.

Also was reported the 1.5 Suzuki's engine will be seen in Ertiga. If so has YL8 testing commenced?

Also
The report also cements the fact that the 1.3 DDIS and a 1.5 diesel engines will ]
I believe the new 1.5L engine is a sub 1500cc engine specially downsized to fall under lower tax or exise bracket. If so, then that's not what is being discussed here. If it was a sub 1500cc engine on the S-Cross, the export category and the engine numbers would have been different. I guess Suzuki homegrown diesels are still sometime away.

For now I guess its only 1.6 for Scross. Maybe as speculated the Ertiga and later the Ciaz may get a 1.5L engine to reduce the sticker price.

Last edited by audioholic : 21st December 2014 at 17:18.
Old 21st December 2014, 17:36   #159
Team-BHP Support

There are rumours that FIAT is working on downsizing their 1.6 diesel and the new 1.5 engine will debut on both FIAT and MS vehicles early next year.

Might come in during the homologation stage. Till then- MS might be testing with the 1.6 instead?
Old 21st December 2014, 19:39   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
There are rumours that FIAT is working on downsizing their 1.6 diesel and the new 1.5 engine will debut on both FIAT and MS vehicles early next year.

Might come in during the homologation stage. Till then- MS might be testing with the 1.6 instead?
Highly probable I guess. If it is indeed Fiat that is supplying the engine and they are the ones manufacturing it for MS, then if they downsize the engine MS wont have a say in that. But going by Fiats performance in terms of car sales, I am thinking if they would take the effort just to avoid some extra taxes. Even if they depend on Maruti for engine sales the numbers will still be less as of now to justify the R&D costs. I don't have anything to back me this time but I guess its 1.6 for now be it Fiat or Maruti.

Of course, above all Maruti needn't downsize engines to save costs. They have other methods and with respects to profits, I don't think the S-Cross will be a cash cow.
Old 21st December 2014, 19:55   #161
Senior - BHPian

Will this 1.6 hdi be the 8v or 16v unit?
Old 21st December 2014, 20:24   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the latest Speculation.

Maruti Suzuki S-cross 1.6 Diesel likely to get AMT ( GRUPPO IDRAULICO Italy)

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/statu...64450875342849
Old 21st December 2014, 20:37   #163
BANNED

Imo, Suzuki's 4-cyl 1.5L diesel engine is not coming soon, but they have made the 1.6L engine by combining 2 800cc engines (from celerio), and is to be used in bigger than 4m vehicles like scross, ertiga and ciaz , where a 1.5L engine won't make much of a difference in terms of taxes. Later, the downsized 1.5L engine may come in its under 4m vehicles like xa-alpha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the latest Speculation. Maruti Suzuki S-cross 1.6 Diesel likely to get AMT ( GRUPPO IDRAULICO Italy)
They didn't use amt in ciaz citing its premiumness. Then why are they using amt in a more premium car like scross?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st December 2014 at 20:41.
Old 21st December 2014, 21:49   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Imo, Suzuki's 4-cyl 1.5L diesel engine is not coming soon, but they have made the 1.6L engine by combining 2 800cc engines (from celerio)

I think its better put the other way round, if it is really going to be true.
Old 21st December 2014, 22:59   #165
BHPian

Quote:

Wow I never knew that, thank you!

The pricing and the marketing push from the country's top manufacturer is going to be interesting considering the 'Cross Bunch' (Etios cross/Polo cross/Avventura) not meeting the expectations.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks