Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2015, 01:21   #1216
BHPian

Re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Saw the S-cross twice today .
Once in the morning, when it was displayed in my tech park, and once when I went to see it at the True Value stockyard in Mahadevpura, which is where they have a display car until the NEXA showroom next door becomes operational (next week).

The car looks quite impressive, especially from the rear three quarters. The Blue looks especially catchy.

The NEXA concept may just work out quite well. The RM I interacted with was really a pleasure to talk to - extremely polite, helpful, knowledgeable & courteous. Hands down the best car salesperson I've ever talked to. I got chatting with him and he told me that he had been working at a Jaguar Land Rover dealership prior to this, which explains a lot. None of the people working in existing maruti dealerships have made it over to NEXA - all of them have come from high end showrooms like this.
Also, although the service will be handled by existing service centers, there will be a dedicated team for the NEXA customers, which are certified "silver masters" from Maruti. This certification involves a rigorous technical training and subsequent testing. The RM will also arrange for a free pickup and drop at your convenience, if you so desire. All of this points to an extremely pleasurable ownership experience ahead!

Anyway, I ended up making a booking and getting in line for a 1.6 Delta/Zeta.
Let's wait for the prices to be announced on the 5th August!
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 01:27   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ahead of launch, official brochure is leaked,

http://www.indianhoods.com/
Not sure if this is correct. 1.3 Zeta gets cruise control but not 1.6 Zeta? Not sounds like a correct spec.
Old 25th July 2015, 03:22   #1218
BHPian

How I wish we get the superb alloys the international version gets, at least as an accessory. The set of alloys the S-Cross get by default is one of the worst I have ever seen in a car - even beats the boring design of the current gen City. How much more will it cost Maruti to give us a better looking set of alloys?? Also wondering if there will be a different design grille in the accessory set. I feel the twin slat chrome grill actually kills the crossover character of the car - it deserves something with less bling and more character. I would prefer vertical slat grille with chrome bordering like what the Audis and BMWs get. The body colored element in the front bumper (between the grille and lower air dam) should be made black which make the grille very mean and aggressive IMO - something like below.

Name:  SCross Modified_1.png
Views: 9605
Size:  527.9 KB

Name:  SCross Modified_2.png
Views: 6767
Size:  537.6 KB

Experts please pardon this novice for the crude photo edit work
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 07:41   #1219
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
How I wish we get the superb alloys the international version gets, at least as an accessory. The set of alloys the S-Cross get by default is one of the worst I have ever seen in a car - even beats the boring design of the current gen City.
Look at the picture where NEXA dealership has the SCross displayed a few posts before. You can see some set of alloys hung on the wall.

You can change it may be before delivery. Some alloy looks similar to Ciaz's 16" design. That should look tasty rather the current radiator fan design.
Old 25th July 2015, 10:53   #1220
Team-BHP Support

Saw the S-Cross for the second time yesterday. And it is quite an impressive vehicle.

But- yesterday was different as I got to check out the S-Cross back to back with the Ciaz. And there is no way I'm paying Ciaz money for the 1.3 diesel S-Cross. Ciaz felt more premium than S-Cross, be it look and feel of exteriors and interiors, space offered, etc.

The only major differentiator is the choice of 1.6 diesel in the S-Cross. Frankly- I left the place disappointed with the S-Cross and impressed with the Ciaz.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 11:33   #1221
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's note: Team BHP's S-Cross review has gone live. Read it here - Maruti S-Cross : Official Review.

Please continue the discussion on the review thread!
Gannu_1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks