Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 11:26   #1096
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks for the pictures!
-The switches on the driver door trim (pic #2) - the first one seems to be rotary switch for selecting the left or right side ORVM ?
On the car I saw at the yard, this switch did not have the outer cap/cover like the one you have shown here so couldn't really make out what it was for.

The second switch, the one just below this rotary switch is to fold/unfold the ORVM, hence I'm guessing the other one is to select left or right ORVM ?
But how does one adjust the ORVM's and move them up/down/left/right ?
The ORVM switch is like a computer joystick You rotate it left and right to select the mirror, and you can move it like a joystick to move the mirrors left right up and down. That's one thing I love to use in the car instead of giving a separate switch to select mirror and four buttons. This gives a superb and quick adjustment of the mirrors especially while parking, on the move etc.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 11:32   #1097
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For Maruti I guess you select the L/ R ORVM's by turning the rotary switch, which is acknowledged by a 'click'. Once you select the ORVM's, you need to move the switch like a joystick and adjust the mirror.

So, as per the pic.

Rotary dial for adjusting mirror and mirror selection.
The single key below that for folding both the mirror
The left key below that for locking the power window switched of other doors.
The right key for locking the doors.
Quote:

-in Pic #7 you can see the 12V power socket in the front just in front of the gear level in the console/cubby hole
-You can see 2 cubby holes one each on left and right side.
-You can also see the rear seats with 60:40 split.
Can be that there is a change in these configuration based on variants
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 11:33   #1098
BANNED

Quote:
-The switches on the driver door trim (pic #2) - the first one seems to be rotary switch for selecting the left or right side ORVM ?

The second switch, the one just below this rotary switch is to fold/unfold the ORVM, hence I'm guessing the other one is to select left or right ORVM ?
Yes the first one is for ORVM adjustment. If the rotary is turned left the Left ORVM is activated for adjustment. Same goes for right side.

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-untitled.jpg

It will give you information how to adjust the mirrors using that switch.

The button behind the rotary switch is for Opening/Folding the ORVM!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 11:38   #1099
BANNED

Keeping in mind the current prices of Ciaz and Ertiga, and the upcoming launches like YRA and YBA which has to be priced below SCross, I fear Maruti will price the base Diesel model of SCross at around 9L, and may be higher than the base Diesel Creta. At that range, SCross may be selling 1:4 to Creta.

Maruti should price it at 8L for their survival.
Old 21st July 2015, 12:18   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post

MSIL is keeping it flexible IMO. RM was sure that the launch will be on July 25.
Latest from RM - Maruti Suzuki is likely to launch the S Cross on 24th July.

Deliveries is expected to start from 30th July.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:27   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
-in Pic #7 you can see the 12V power socket in the front just in front of the gear level in the console/cubby hole

Here's a picture of the boot, missed it in my earlier post:
Attachment 1393909

-You can see 2 cubby holes one each on left and right side.
-You can also see the rear seats with 60:40 split.
Is there is a charging socket in the boot for this?
The one on display yesterday had a charging socket inside the boot and yes there were 2 cubby holes as well.
The boot base should be as lengthier as the Ciaz (The model had Ciaz boot mats) but it tapers as it goes up. Do not think the 3rd passenger will be too welcome. The middle of the rear seat had a slight bulge.
The telephony switches felt nice to click, rather pull up.
The headlamp - single projectors. Now, cars with projector lamps came with washers earlier. Was that by regulation? No washers in S-Cross.

@volkman - the executive at the display mentioned the date to be 25th July. They were dressed, well differently; blazers n stuff.

Last edited by glenmz : 21st July 2015 at 12:30.
Old 21st July 2015, 12:42   #1102
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Is there is a charging socket in the boot for this?
The one on display yesterday had a charging socket inside the boot and yes there were 2 cubby holes as well.
Yes, the one I saw was the top end DDiS 200 (1.3 Litre). This one had a 12V socket in the boot - you can see it in the pictures I posted earlier on Page 71 of this thread.
The cubby holes in the boot were also there and you can see them in the picture attached to my previous post.
Old 21st July 2015, 12:53   #1103
Distinguished - BHPian

With Creta pricing out, hope Maruti Suzuki will grab the chance and price the S Cross sanely.
My guess is it will start at 7.99 Lakhs ex show room Del.

Already RM has indicated that S Cross will be launched at an 'introductory price'
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:03   #1104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
With Creta pricing out, hope Maruti Suzuki will grab the chance and price the S Cross sanely.
At 7.99L, it will be 1.5L cheaper than Creta. Waiting for this surprise, but fearing of a disappointment like 8.5L, or an absolutely shocking high price like 8.99L as well.
Old 21st July 2015, 13:06   #1105
BHPian

Relieved, Creta out of my budget
Confusion has reduced
15.5 L OTR for SX(O) or 14 for SX+ are out of my budget. I would have taken the SX(O) for 14 though.
The pricing for creta is sane. 1.5 to 2 L more than Verna 1.6 CRDI, as I had anticipated. With these prices Maruti can target the cut price duster for the 1.6 and may be price the 1.3 alpha a shade above Ciaz. My anticipations are 1.5 L price difference between similar models of 1.3 and 1.6 with almost on par pricing for 1.3 alpha and 1.6 zeta.

Now comes the question 1.3 alpha or 1.6 zeta ??
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:06   #1106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

At 7.99L, it will be 1.5L cheaper than Creta.
Absolute disappointment with the pricing by Hyundai.

Now all I am worried is Maruti Suzuki pricing the S-Cross in the same way Hyundai has done with the Creta. Hope they do not get influenced with the Creta pricing.

This high pricing will kill the car on arrival.
Old 21st July 2015, 13:16   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Relieved, Creta out of my budget
Confusion has reduced
15.5 L OTR for SX(O) or 14 for SX+ are out of my budget. I would have taken the SX(O) for 14 though.
The pricing for creta is sane. 1.5 to 2 L more than Verna 1.6 CRDI, as I had anticipated. With these prices Maruti can target the cut price duster for the 1.6 and may be price the 1.3 alpha a shade above Ciaz. My anticipations are 1.5 L price difference between similar models of 1.3 and 1.6 with almost on par pricing for 1.3 alpha and 1.6 zeta.

Now comes the question 1.3 alpha or 1.6 zeta ??
I'm in the same boat in so far as my chioce of variants goes, but just a little inclined towards the 1.3 to account for city driveability!

My plan-B and C are the Skoda DSG Ambience(+A) and the Ford Ecosport Titanium, which retail at ~ 13.5 OTR and 12.1 OTR, respectively, and look very VFM at the moment.

My pre-booking for the Jazz will soon be withdrawn and Creata, officially out of consideration!
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:27   #1108
BHPian

The pathetic pricing of the Creta by Hyundai has given a lot of room to Maruti to shoot themselves in their feet. I really hope and pray that they don't get carried away in pricing the 1.6 top-end.
Old 21st July 2015, 13:34   #1109
Team-BHP Support

Suddenly Maruti has a huge opportunity to get it right with the S-Cross. They just have to do what they do best- price and position the car correctly.

May be its a good thing Maruti knows their product is only a crossover, and not a "perfect SUV" to price it the way Hyundai did.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:43   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
The pathetic pricing of the Creta by Hyundai has given a lot of room to Maruti to shoot themselves in their feet. I really hope and pray that they don't get carried away in pricing the 1.6 top-end.
Great choice of words for both the brands. Hyundai has given breathing space to Maruti Suzuki here. Even with those horrendous alloys and deleted features (like the missing rear ac vent which is really surprising, 7 airbags- obvious for India), Maruti Suzuki will be tempted to shoot themselves in their feet. After all, this is a "Premium" crossover

Last edited by Whichcarnow : 21st July 2015 at 13:52.
Whichcarnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks