Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 08:23   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The 1.3 top end will tentatively be around 11.5 - 12 lakhs OTR Bangalore. That's around 10L ex showroom.
The 1.6 top end will be tentatively 13.5- 14 lakhs OTR Bangalore. 12L ex showroom.
Thanks. But there is nothing new in the pricing Quoted. Nexa personnel have the same figures of estimates too, in fact they were having the approximate Creta prices too ( OTR - Delhi) which is close enough to those revealed yesterday

Expecting S Cross 1.3 Alpha to fall in ~ 9.5L ex showroom as 'introductory pricing'.

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd July 2015 at 08:30.
Old 22nd July 2015, 08:23   #1142
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2015 at 09:56.
zaks is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:08   #1143
BHPian

Best Case: 1.3 Alpha is 9.0L ex and 1.6Alpha is 11L ex
Most probable Case: 1.3 Alpha is 9.5L ex and 1.6 Alpha is 11.5L ex
Worst case: 1.3 Alpha is 10.0L ex and 1.6Alpha is 12L ex
Unimaginable/Creta Case: 1.3 Alpha is 10.5L ex and 1.6Alpha is 12.5L ex
jvk84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:23   #1144
Senior - BHPian

The Creta top end comes at 17L OTR and if the S-Cross is at 14L OTR, how did you come to the conclusion that Maruti shot themselves in the foot?

Barring the ESP, 4 extra airbags what are the additional technical features that the S-Cross misses out to be priced even less that the price quoted?

Seems like Maruti will have to hand out the car free for a few to accept that the price is good.

The engine is imported and car exudes premium feel that wasn't seen on any Maruti product until now. 14L for the top end 1.6 seems reasonable considering the things on offer.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2015 at 09:56. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:29   #1145
BHPian

Now that Creta fever is waning and the reality slowly dawns in and some people like me have postponed their purchase decision till the reviews of Creta and pricing of S Cross is made public.
Can someone tell me the exact date when Maruti will be launching the vehicle and pricing known.
Sorry if i have missed this out in earlier posts
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:37   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post
I willbuy the
1.6 alpha - if its the Most probable case
1.6 alpha + change of alloys and tyres + JBL Carstage - if its the best case
1.3 alpha + change of alloys and tyres - if its the worst case
Bye Bye S cross - if its the Creta case
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:41   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post
Unimaginable/Creta Case:

You've hit it spot on with what I was estimating too. I was hoping the S-Cross 1.6 Alpha will be 11.5L - 11.7L ex-showroom. But considering the excise duties on the large hatch, imported engine, ground clearance at 180mm and features matching a class higher, I am doubtful the pricing is going to toe the line with our wishes. There are chances NEXA could also go the Hyundai way and price it at a premium.

If we sit back and analyze carefully, we will realise that the market is constantly pushing the prices up a notch every 2-3 years (approx, huh). Excellent hatches which were not even considered 6 years ago at 7.9L on-road (Skoda Fabia 1.4), have been replaced by very successfully selling Elite i20s at 10.03L on-road (petrol vs diesel comparison I know, but just to illustrate the point). Similarly the market that accepted EcoSport pricing also accepted steeply overpriced Duster and to some extent, the Terrano as well. Market pushes and buying public have no choice but to evolve with the market offerings.

Only challenge for MS is to make the premium car buyers who normally go the Honda/Hyundai/Toyota way, to consider a good crossover which essentially will only be viewed as an overgrown hatch (won't be wrong either) at prices that may just go Uber premium.

After Creta pricing strategy yesterday, I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment again by going with wishful prices. Better to curb the expectations and simply go buy the car one likes and/or can afford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Can someone tell me the exact date when Maruti will be launching the vehicle and pricing known.
Sorry if i have missed this out in earlier posts
The exact date is not yet known as no RM of NEXA is able to reveal the exact date. It is also possible that they're not aware. What I've heard so far was that 25th July would be the most likely launch date for NEXA S-Cross. Yesterday I got to know that the launch is likely postponed to 5th August, as MS are revisiting the pricing and it will be revealed on the 5th August. So assumption is the launch date and price reveal date will be the same.

Last edited by k_ajay : 22nd July 2015 at 09:52. Reason: Adding response to another post)
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:51   #1148
Team-BHP Support

Going by Creta pricing, my advise to folks is not to get your hopes up.

The S-cross has an imported 1.6L engine hence no cost saving on localisation. Hyundai has probably localised the 1.6L CRDI unit a lot more since it's the same as Verna and Elantra.

Secondly, Maruti has gone all out in terms of features which is rare. Maruti is not known to offer a lot of kit. Even with the lesser kit, the Maruti's are not priced much lower than competition.

The S-cross has soft touch plastics on the dash, HID xenon's and a host of other small features. Basically it's almost euro spec rather than trimming down which usually happens for India.

To top it off, Maruti is trying very hard to differentiate the S-cross vs the other Maruti products. Setting up a new NEXA dealership channel is a big thing and needs a lot of investment. This means they really want to try to show a premium image.

All this points to a price point which will be higher. My guess is the S-cross will be close to Creta pricing. Forget the Ciaz, Ecosport and even Duster which is lesser than Creta.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd July 2015 at 10:42. Reason: off
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:00   #1149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
According to the Nexa guy I met, 24/25th July is the offical NEXA showrooms launch and 5/6th August is the S-Cross launch.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:05   #1150
BANNED

A super scene from bunnypunia's review.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-img_20150717_072904_499.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:17   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Going by Creta pricing, my advise to folks is not to get your hopes up.

All this points to a price point which will be higher. My guess is the S-cross will be close to Creta pricing. Forget the Ciaz, Ecosport and even Duster which is lesser than Creta.
One advantage is that Maruti doesn't have an i20 Active in its lineup and hence can use that space to price the S-Cross.

The SX version of it is priced at 9.05L ex in Chennai and carries Projector headlamps as well. But the Sigma (O) has got the safety features covered with respect to the i20 Active but loses out on other features.

Hence even though it falls outside the 4M bracket, this will be an ideal point for the S-Cross Sigma (O) to begin with.

Also I have a feeling that the price difference between variants won't be as large as the other cars from Maruti since most carry the safety features in them and only lose out on the interiors.

Have not reviewed the spec sheet of late and hence I could have erred in the above statement.
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:59   #1152
BHPian

I think the pricing of s cross is not going to be so simple. Expect it to overlap with ertiga and ciaz especially with 1.3 engine. The i20 active space is not exactly empty for maruti... Remember YBA. There is YRA also & it cant be too close to creta which is anyways high. Wonder how maruti is going to make it happen. It has no click by all means for maruti if this is going to be their first strike at Nexa. Else the whole concept of Nexa might just fail. As some folks have said Ciaz would have been a better candidate... May be they should move ciaz to Nexa as well simultaneously... May be lauch a very limited range (100 units) of 1.6 ciaz along with scross.

Last edited by naikameya : 22nd July 2015 at 11:04.
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:08   #1153
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
I think the pricing of s cross is not going to be so simple. Expect it to overlap with ertiga and ciaz especially with 1.3 engine. The i20 active space is not exactly empty for maruti... Remember YBA. There is YRA also & it cant be too close to creta which is anyways high. Wonder how maruti is going to make it happen.
IMO, it is a mistake by Maruti to bring SCross first and then fill the gaps with YBA and YRA. They should immediately launch YRA and YBA, then bring SCross on top of that, so that it will just have the "50 paise per month fuel price hike policy" effect by the clever UPA think tanks.

Or, is Maruti making SCross the victim for the success of YR and YBA?
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:13   #1154
BHPian

I cannot see how Maruti can price the 1.3 MJD on the S-cross over the 1.3 MJD on the CIAZ. The only great selling point, IMHO, for the S-Cross is the 1.6 MJD. I am struggling to see as to how/why the common man will prefer the S-Cross over any other vehicle. I mean why would somebody choose the 1.3 MJD S-Cross over the 1.4 CRDi i20 Active. What's the great selling point? I just hope Maruti prices the S-Cross sensibly.
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:19   #1155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
IMO, it is a mistake by Maruti to bring SCross first and then fill the gaps with YBA and YRA.
Or, is Maruti making SCross the victim for the success of YR and YBA?
Here we can only speculate, YRA is rumored to have 3 petrol variants and a single diesel option for India.
YBA now is speculated to be launched only in Diesel- 1.3 DDIS.
S Cross will be available in only diesel - 1.3/1.6.
New Vitara ? - Premium over S Cross

So YRA with its petrol offering will have space to be priced - targeting its near competition.

There will be a bit of overlap in some but they will be taken care by the segment that is targeted.

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd July 2015 at 11:21.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks