Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2015, 19:52   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Globally both in European and Australian markets the SX4 S Cross scored the highest , 5 stars, in Euro NCAP and ANCAP tests. Hope Maruti does retain this for us

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-5stareuroncapoverallsafetyrating.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-20150608_193847.jpg

Few more pics from the unveiling of S Cross,

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-marutiscrosspicphotoimage08062015m2_720x540.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-marutiscrossiifanews08062015m1_720x540.jpg

Source:Twitter, Zigwheels

Last edited by Aditya : 9th June 2015 at 12:08. Reason: Adding source
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 19:55   #392
BHPian

Just a thought or am I missing something.

I am waiting with cash in hand to buy a compact SUV. Almost booked Ecosport AT. Then decided to wait for the vehicles from MS and Hyundai. Been following both threads.

We have numerous photos of iX25/Creta being tested all around, sometimes with competition in tow, But I have not seen a single(photo) Scross vehicle being tested around. Is it because MS have their own test track and Hyundai doesn't.
Or MS is able to do the testing without anybody noticing?
Old 8th June 2015, 19:58   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
Just a thought or am I missing something.
But I have not seen a single(photo) Scross vehicle being tested around.
Just run through this thread, S Cross has been spotted testing in India for more than a year I guess

Hyundai has been testing the ix25 much after the S Cross.

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th June 2015 at 19:59.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 20:47   #394
Senior - BHPian

The side profile does look like a contemporary soft roader. But I m not a fan of the way the front looks. Also the ground clearance looks a tad too less. Wonder how this is going to hold up against ix25.
Old 8th June 2015, 22:02   #395
BHPian

This car fails to impress when pitted against Ix25, Duster or Terrano, but if you compare it against the same priced sedans, it starts to make some sense.

Not sure which cars maruti is eyeing with this launch..
Old 9th June 2015, 00:22   #396
BHPian

The International version of the S-Cross, all-zing and no-bling!

cpbopanna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 02:43   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
This car fails to impress when pitted against Ix25, Duster or Terrano, but if you compare it against the same priced sedans, it starts to make some sense.

Not sure which cars maruti is eyeing with this launch..
Yes, it should be looked at as a station wagon, which is in essence what it is, rather than an SUV.
Old 9th June 2015, 03:56   #398
Senior - BHPian

Honestly like the looks of the S-Cross sold internationally. I don't love it, but appreciate it in the way that I would a sedate looking Subaru However I am absolutely horrified by what Maruti has designed for a front grille and those ghastly looking alloys
Old 9th June 2015, 04:22   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I am absolutely horrified by what Maruti has designed for a front grille and those ghastly looking alloys
I initially thought that those were wheel caps but they indeed are alloys and a poor design at that. The international version looks much better without the garish grill design.
Old 9th June 2015, 09:37   #400
Senior - BHPian

To me the S-Cross looks okay, barring the front grill; if MSIL is able to move volumes, one can easily find open market replacements for the front grill according to the taste, NHC has the same issue with front grill and options are available.

If MSIL is able to source and plonk 1.6 L Diesel Motor, this can take on competition very well and I see no reason why S Cross cannot operate close to Ciaz territory with monthly sales of about 5K

And if it can have possibility of 4 x 4 as option / higher variant, volumes are guaranteed.

1.6 L Diesel, 4 x 4, VFM pricing and here is a winner in the segment.
Old 9th June 2015, 10:19   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
I wonder who is the prospective buyer for this car, it does not have butch looks like Duster or Ecosport so those buyers are out. It doesn't have a boot so sedan buyers are out as well. Its neither here nor there. I might buy it for mild offroading but the ground clearance is so low that I will be afraid to take it over bumps and potholes.
I am the prospective buyer for this car. Following are my reasons:
  1. I want a petrol car with decent power and may be with AWD.
  2. Two of my Duster owing friends had horrific time when their car went to workshop for minor accidental repairs. On got his car after a month for changing the front fender. This happened in NCR.
  3. I want Ecosport with 1L ecoboost engine. Ford want me to beg for it and I can not do that.
  4. I tried all means for a test drive of a Storme. Still waiting for their response.
  5. If Elite and Etios cross can sell, why not S-cross.

Regarding off-roading and GC for bumps and potholes, how many cars on stilts (SUVs with 2WD) can go off roading? Have you ever heard any SX4 owner complaining about inadequate GC?
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 10:28   #402
BHPian

Pricing needs to be very important to result in terms of sales otherwise even if the scross is 50k cheaper to Hyundai creata/ ix25 the people wil go for the latter as by mere looking at the spy shots one can tell the difference in terms of quality ix25 offers. It should be more value for money proposition.
The designers at maruti have done a terrible job. The black cladding is overdone. The overall structure is not muscular in nature. The front grille is pathetic and one should not comment on the alloys.
Now coming to the engine options.The 1.6l diesel engine is surely a good one but the problem would be city dirveability as it lacks low end grunt and it may only come with a manual transmission only. The same turbo lag associated with the 1.3 is more or less evident( Source: Autocar).

Coming to the point of cost. If maruti goes for 11+ pricing for 1.6l diesel variant it would be a disaster for sure.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 9th June 2015 at 10:29.
Old 9th June 2015, 10:38   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Regarding off-roading and GC for bumps and potholes, how many cars on stilts (SUVs with 2WD) can go off roading? Have you ever heard any SX4 owner complaining about inadequate GC?
I am one of those proud SX4 owners!
After logging 75k in 4 years, I am yet to remember a situation where I even grazed (forget scrape) the bottom. (180 mm GC, remember?)
A worthy competitor to my Jeep CRD in terms of ruggedness, but light years ahead in terms of comfort!

The S-Cross with the 1.6 DDiS engine should be in the same or better league, not as good-looking as the SX4, but definitely more modern!

The only fly-in-the-ointment is the 'typical-Maruti-chrome' front grill!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 9th June 2015 at 11:05.
Old 9th June 2015, 11:24   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
I am one of those proud SX4 owners!
After logging 75k in 4 years, I am yet to remember a situation where I even grazed (forget scrape) the bottom. (180 mm GC, remember?)
The only fly-in-the-ointment is the 'typical-Maruti-chrome' front grill!
Add me into the list. I have taken my SX4 everywhere, on and off the road into our farms and till date havent scraped the bottom anywhere.

Its not only the GC that matters, but how soft the suspension is. If the suspension sags under load and the car loses GC, no point in even offering 200mm.

Regarding the chrome grille, I guess some CF or vinyl wrap will make a huge difference to the excessive chrome.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 12:00   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

First look ( glimpses) of the stunning blue S Cross at IIFA!

volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks