Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2015, 10:39   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Rear Good. Front Bad. Side OK.
Interior Good.
Will succeed if priced OK. Since it is a Maruti. Any other brand would not be accepted with such an average look today.
Elios/Liva, Mobilio, Xcent, Innova etc have average or below average looks and they seem to be accepted. At the same time a good looking Punto, Pulse and Kizashi by Maruti is rejected by mass market. IMO, people accept cars that satisfy the requirement with decent after sales service.

I have a strange feeling that Maruti, being greedy, will price it higher than its worth, as they will be confident that it will sell. They are doing this for quite some time now and they did the same with Celerio Diesel.
Old 8th June 2015, 13:16   #377
BHPian

Having tested the capabilities of SX4 on a Leh trip, I am very very positive about the capabilities of this vehicle.(1.6 DDis engine and 4x4 would be cherry on the cake).

On close observation of earlier uploaded pictures, I found the base variant cosmetically more appealing than the higher variants. Highlighting the differences in the picture.

Now, only if Maruti price it right in the very first attempt(very unlikely looking at the pricing of Celerio diesel)

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-picture1.jpg
Grr7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 14:24   #378
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
On close observation of earlier uploaded pictures, I found the base variant cosmetically more appealing than the higher variants. Highlighting the differences in the picture.
The roof rails in upper variants is aluminium-coloured, and not body colored.
Old 8th June 2015, 14:27   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Now, only if Maruti price it right in the very first attempt(very unlikely looking at the pricing of Celerio diesel)

Attachment 1379726
MS will have to price this sensibly. This is competitive segment and its going to get hotter here with Creta. Cant compare it to Celerio Diesel as there is no competition in that segment.
Old 8th June 2015, 15:10   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a feeling that this will be priced well. Reason - Ciaz pricing. Maruti clearly knows they don't have grip in 10L segment & hence priced Ciaz beautifully. 6L segment is their turf & they can take a risk.
Old 8th June 2015, 15:14   #381
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I have a feeling that this will be priced well. Reason - Ciaz pricing. Maruti clearly knows they don't have grip in 10L segment & hence priced Ciaz beautifully. 6L segment is their turf & they can take a risk.
The VXi should start at 7L. Anything more than that, will be suicidal for Maruti with this kind of un-SUV design. Had it been the new 2015 Vitara, they had more chances. But this is a very tight call.
Old 8th June 2015, 15:37   #382
BANNED

People, there isn't a gasoline version. Never was, never is. There is a reason why we never spotted a gasoline car. It will be all diesel like the Lodgy. Let us rest assured the pricing will be benchmarked against Duster.
Old 8th June 2015, 15:51   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
MS will have to price this sensibly. This is competitive segment and its going to get hotter here with Creta. Cant compare it to Celerio Diesel as there is no competition in that segment.

Spot On!

Maruti having failed in it s earlier attempts to move in the segment above, this is an important chance to set foot in the
territory which is still unkown to them. With series of cars planned that should sit atleast above swift, they cannot afford
the failure of SCross. Hence they would be under pressure to price it sensibly. They cannot afford this car be stamped as
failure.

With Creta as the competition, yes they may suffer some initial losses but I feel S Cross may be a better wholesome package.
Engine, driveability and handling I expect would be better than competition.

On a separate note, I expected 7th Jun launch to be a huge event, unfortunately none of the channels aired the live telecast.

Last edited by ampere : 8th June 2015 at 15:53. Reason: Formatted Post
Old 8th June 2015, 15:57   #384
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
On a separate note, I expected 7th Jun launch to be a huge event, unfortunately none of the channels aired the live telecast.
With the amount of editing required, these award shows are seldom telecast live. I am sure it will be shown soon. Don't care about the awards, its the car that I want to see
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 16:02   #385
Senior - BHPian

S-Cross coming this July 2015

Now a media report suggests that production of this car has already begun and is likely to hit the showrooms in the first week of July 2015.

Link to news article
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 16:27   #386
BANNED

Some inner thought says this would be a market dud. Does the car really look gud in terms of the competition that it aims at in the market? Personally the SX4 cross looks more like a 2 minute noodles served quick to say 'Yes we too have something in the plate'. No offense meant to anyone or prospective buyers of the car!
Amarkarthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 17:20   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
Some inner thought says this would be a market dud. Does the car really look gud in terms of the competition that it aims at in the market? Personally the SX4 cross looks more like a 2 minute noodles served quick to say 'Yes we too have something in the plate'. No offense meant to anyone or prospective buyers of the car!
I tend to agree with you. I would personally prefer the honey-comb front-grill of the SX4 or at least the grill adorning the international version of the S-Cross!

This is the typical Maruti way of plonking a chrome front-end, like they did with the 'refreshed' DZire!

God, why on earth did they not leave the beautiful design alone?
Old 8th June 2015, 17:30   #388
BHPian

No way the ground clearance looks like 200mm as the report is claiming. Internationally it's having a clearance of around 170mm and the same looks true for Indian market as well.

I wonder who is the prospective buyer for this car, it does not have butch looks like Duster or Ecosport so those buyers are out. It doesn't have a boot so sedan buyers are out as well. Its neither here nor there. I might buy it for mild offroading but the ground clearance is so low that I will be afraid to take it over bumps and potholes.

Last edited by rahul412 : 8th June 2015 at 17:40.
Old 8th June 2015, 17:43   #389
Senior - BHPian

The original SX4 (not the sedan sold in India) looked more purposeful and convincing as a light offroader than this. I wonder why they tried to 'improve' on it.
Old 8th June 2015, 18:01   #390
BHPian

What a stupid front grille! The average grille on the european version looks wayy better compared to this.

170mm GC will not cut it - especially considering that the Ecosport has 200mm.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks