Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2015, 16:03   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Between the 1.3 Alpha and the 1.6 Alpha are there any differences in the feature set apart from the difference in the engine? I just want to get a confirmation that the feature set is exactly the same for both 1.3 Alpha and 1.6 Alpha. To be fair, I would expect the same for other scenarios as well. i.e. I would expect 1.3 Zeta = 1.6 Zeta except for the engine difference.

Of course we would have the price difference :-)
One of the man difference is the gear box. 5 speed for 1.3 DDiS VS. 6 speed for 1.6 DDiS. Most other features will remain the same is what the RM told me. Of course, no official brochure means no fool proof way to compare. The 1.3 DDiS i saw yesterday (and going to see again now ) had all the features I'm expecting/is already mentioned in this thread in the 1.6 as well. So gearbox + 1 or 2 features may, at max, be different between the 2 models (my best guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Came back from Royal Meenakshi Mall in Bannerghatta Road. SCross 1.3 DDIS is on display in its Metallic Brown avatar.

To say the least I am very impressed with the vehicle. Maruti with such fit and finish is really a dream. Personally I feel I have invested in the right vehicle unless the pricing makes me change my decision .

Noticed that the cubbyholes around spare tyre have decent depth and can be a good utility.

Relationship Manager is quite confident with the launch on July 25, 2015.
Arindam, that makes two of us. Even with the 'showy' Creta around, I'm still very impressed with this vehicle. I feel it to be the perfect replacement for my Fabia (with space, quality, engine capacity, etc.). The Creta has the 'little higher seating position' I'm looking for and given history, I'm expecting the S-Cross to handle better than the Creta.

If the 17L prices for top end Creta comes true, I anticipate that the love for S-Cross will increase.

And you're right about the cubby hole slots next to the spare tyre enclosure. Very useful to keep small essentials like a diluted quick detailer bottle, small can of WD40, some microfibre towels, first aid kit, etc..

I missed posting this above. My RM also hinted the 25th of July to be the likely launch date. The Nexa showroom is also supposed to get ready by 24th July.

Also, all cars sold under the NEXA showroom umbrella will have a small NEXA branding sticker. For the S-Cross, this is in the rear hatch glass, imprinted right from the factory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The media review drives were completed a while back. When can we expect the T-BHP official review? I know we take a long time to get it out to ensure we have the perfect review, attention to detail and quality, but let that not drastically increase the time to forum. In-time is also equally important, no? So it can assist the people waiting for it, take a decision in time. Can it be posted soon?

Last edited by k_ajay : 18th July 2015 at 16:10.
k_ajay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 16:36   #1037
BHPian

anyone saw any of the lower trim levels of s-cross? How does it look in comparison to the Alpha trim?

Also, any idea if the Projector HLA can be fitted on to a lower trim level?
Old 18th July 2015, 16:36   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
The media review drives were completed a while back. When can we expect the T-BHP official review? I know we take a long time to get it out to ensure we have the perfect review, attention to detail and quality, but let that not drastically increase the time to forum. In-time is also equally important, no? So it can assist the people waiting for it, take a decision in time. Can it be posted soon?
I've seen that most Team-BHP Reviews are posted on the launch date of the respective vehicle. So I guess the S-Cross review will be posted on 25th
Old 18th July 2015, 17:07   #1039
BHPian

Which are the malls in Bangalore is the S Cross displayed?
Old 18th July 2015, 17:34   #1040
BANNED

Quote:
.......If the 17L prices for top end Creta comes true, I anticipate that the love for S-Cross will increase. ................
Did I hear that right? 17 Lakhs - for a vehicle that is basically an i20 on steroids and without even the benefit of 4WD/AWD?

I feel like like that poor bloke living in the land of the blind being ruled by the one-eyed!
Old 18th July 2015, 17:37   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
One of the man difference is the gear box. 5 speed for 1.3 DDiS VS. 6 speed for 1.6 DDiS..... Can it be posted soon?
I think the the 1.3 Zeta also loses cruise control and ACC compared to the 1.6.

I expect the official review to come out along with the unveiling of the car and the official prices, so 25th of May looks like the probable date.

Last edited by batterylow : 18th July 2015 at 17:39. Reason: Additional data
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 17:38   #1042
BHPian

@Nurni76 Mantri Mall -Malleshwaram
Forum Mall - Koramangala
Royal Meenakshi mall - Bannerghatta Road.

I was aware of these 3.

@K_Ajay: Sure Mate. Don't know why I cannot make peace with Hyundai vehicles though most of them are indeed good packages. (No offence to others)

On the seating position I guess if you increase the seat height it gives a pretty commanding view.
Old 18th July 2015, 18:13   #1043
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
See post #1028 on features, 1.3 Zeta gets Cruise control and ACC the same available only on 1.6 Alpha.
Old 18th July 2015, 18:15   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
See post #1028 on features, 1.3 Zeta gets Cruise control and ACC the same available only on 1.6 Alpha.
Ah my bad, I looked up the variants from the top of the list not the bottom!

I stand corrected.
Old 18th July 2015, 19:32   #1045
BHPian

Its on display at the Forum Vijaya Mall in Chennai.
Old 18th July 2015, 19:34   #1046
Distinguished - BHPian

The review from Car Magazine UK below claims the 0-100 KPH (0-62 mph) time to be 13 seconds for the 1.6 L DDIS 320 version of S-cross. That is really slow for such a powerful engine!

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-rev...s-2013-review/
Old 18th July 2015, 21:05   #1047
BHPian

According to Autocar UK

Quote:
On the face of it, the diesel version is a pretty ordinary performer. A power output of 118bhp is a pretty middling delivery for a 1.6-litre diesel, so it’s no surprise that it’s moderately quiet and quite responsive. It’s not overly boosted, and although its respectable 236lb ft of torque is developed from 1750rpm, it’s keen enough to pull from 1500rpm.Driving the front wheels only through a six-speed manual gearbox isn’t the best combination for a brisk getaway, so don’t fret too much over a 0-60mph time of 10.0sec
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...ss/performance
Old 19th July 2015, 03:47   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
I've seen that most Team-BHP Reviews are posted on the launch date of the respective vehicle. So I guess the S-Cross review will be posted on 25th
Yeah, that's likely when it will be made available. But making availability prior to launch will enable some of us to factor the review's feedback into the booking decision, right. As is with the launches these days, mad rush is there to book off cars and waiting period, sometimes unnecessarily, is running into months. If a few of us are informed earlier, I thought it may help us book earlier than the entire janata booking the car(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Which are the malls in Bangalore is the S Cross displayed?
I got to know from the RMs I'm in touch with, that this weekend it is/was at Mantri Mall and the coming weekend (25th), it will be at Phoenix Market City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Did I hear that right? 17 Lakhs - for a vehicle that is basically an i20 on steroids and without even the benefit of 4WD/AWD?

I feel like like that poor bloke living in the land of the blind being ruled by the one-eyed!
That's what the Creta thread is speculating. 2 ranges of prices. One around 11.8L ex-shrwm for the top variant 1.6 diesel and one at 14.4L ex-shrwm. If the 14.4L comes true, it may be goodbye Creta for many (as from opinions in that thread).

I don't know if Creta is an i20 on steeriods, though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post

I expect the official review to come out along with the unveiling of the car and the official prices, so 25th of May looks like the probable date.
Ok, maybe I should have mentioned. The variants I was referring to was 1.3 Alpha (that I saw) and it has all features like cruise control, ACC, etc. Fully loaded, as one would call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
@Nurni76 Mantri Mall -Malleshwaram
Forum Mall - Koramangala
Royal Meenakshi mall - Bannerghatta Road.

I was aware of these 3.

@K_Ajay: Sure Mate. Don't know why I cannot make peace with Hyundai vehicles though most of them are indeed good packages. (No offence to others)

On the seating position I guess if you increase the seat height it gives a pretty commanding view.
Yeah, increasing seat height is an option but still, it would be lower seated than the mini-SUVs. Mind locked in a battle of handling and torquey engine VS 6 airbags and high seated position.

But yes, one definitely sits higher in the S-Cross than in most hatchbacks (def taller than my Fabia)..
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 06:20   #1049
BHPian

Seating

You sit lower in the s cross than in any of its competitors. Here I have taken 2 selfies with me sitting, one in the 2008 dzire and the other one in the s cross. (Looks LHD s they are selfies).One with the higher knee point is the s cross. So in the lowest seat height setting you sit a shade lower in the s cross than in the old swift. Iif I recall your knee point is higher than the hip point (for 6 footers) even in a duster though the facia is set low and you get a commanding view of the road. Ciaz has a similar low seating. Here s where tall drivers will miss the creta and the ecosport.But I am perfectly comfortable in d s cross seats.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-img_20150719_054731.jpg  

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-img_20150719_055104.jpg  

sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 06:39   #1050
BHPian

Please merge.

For me the battle is between 1.6 zeta vs 1.3 alpha plus a remap. The other cars in consideration are Ciaz zdi+ and a cut price 110 ps duster. May be a Creta sx + if priced below 14L
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks