Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2015, 21:32   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The DDiS 200 engine that is being put is the same that does duty on Ciaz and Ertiga.

It is a 90PS VGT unit. To be frank I found it average in the Ertiga itself so not sure of SCross.

Yes, I also found it average with Ciaz. The good news is that there are many options to remap the engine.
Old 17th July 2015, 21:37   #1022
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

Yes, I also found it average with Ciaz. The good news is that there are many options to remap the engine.
I found it slightly better in the Ciaz as compared to the Ertiga.

May be there is some change done but for the regular users who would be buying the car won't be wanting fire-breathing performance. So I guess it will sell a lot.

Last edited by a4anurag : 17th July 2015 at 21:38.
Old 17th July 2015, 22:36   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Does a remap help improve both low end response and top power output? I guess the biggest benefit would be to not have to shift gears at low speeds
Old 17th July 2015, 23:21   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Seems like the ddis 200 has the same gear stick and gear box as d Ciaz. (See the pics from Bangalore). Any idea about turbo in the 200? Is it fixed geometry or vgt? Seems like the 200 'll be tuned for drivability at lower revs. But the 0 to 100 timings of 13.3 vs 15 in d Ciaz in spite of higher kerb weight could indicate a fixed geometry turbo and the lag might be there.
It's a VGT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The DDiS 200 engine that is being put is the same that does duty on Ciaz and Ertiga.

It is a 90PS VGT unit. To be frank I found it average in the Ertiga itself so not sure of SCross.
It's pretty average, but according to the reviews the 1.6 suffers from major turbo-lag. So for those using it mostly in the city or with a sedate driving style, there might not be much difference in the usable performance, so for some people it might not make sense to pay the premium for the 1.6.
Old 18th July 2015, 00:24   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
All Nexa dealers in Bangalore have received cars for display. Bimal has DDiS 200 - two cars (Granite Gray and Caffeine Brown) at their stock yard.

Contact your Relationship Managers and you can view the car at leisure and even can start it - BUT no TD will be given.

Guess the situation might be similar in all Nexa dealers across India.
Aah! Volkman, you beat me to this update here. I also got to know from my RM that two 1.3 DDiS S-Cross cars have come to Bimal NEXA for display and I can come see it at my convenience, but no TD yet.

I was attended to by my RM and another RM as well, who patiently explained all features and known specs. Made me absolutely comfortable in the car and asked me to check out everything I want to (except drive). I politely asked if I can take some snaps to show a friend; they also politely asked me not to take any as official launch is not done yet and they've been asked to discourage photography. I obliged the gents.

To me, as crossover, the car is an absolutely beauty and for some reason I'm smitten by this Maruti Suzuki car (never imagined this day would come). I'm also waiting on the Creta but strangely, this is the car my heart is set on. I'm planning to book it tomorrow, the RM said he'd do his best for an early allotment (they seemed to say good size of stocks have been assured by MS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
As expected it's not a looker but that's not a deal breaker for me. Only if it was a bit taller...
Bang on, Eddy. The exact same words I told the RM guys today evening. In fact, Creta is in consideration importantly for that higher seating position and six airbags.

Only if it was a little taller.. But than with higher ground clearance comes the compromise on handling.

Quote:
............. There are many options to remap the engine.
Hope remap will also be made available for the 1.6 DDiS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My initial impressions with about 20 minutes with the car:
1. Has good passenger space at the front and back. Space will not be an issue with this extra large crossover hatch.
2. The car certainly has distinctively better appointed interiors than other Maruti cars. Soft touch plastics on dashboard and elsewhere. The soft touch material on the dashboard has a carbon fibre like weave pattern to it. Looks nice.
3. Projectors with HD lamps look great. Couldn't view them in an ideal post dusk setting but when switched on, looks great from head-on.
4. Steering adjustable for reach and rake. Steering is nice and probably sporty.
5. Boot space is a bit messed up. It is rated ~352 litres something I heard, but the full size spare is eating unto the usable space (sits too high).

That's all I can remember. If you have any questions, please ask and I'll respond.

Last edited by k_ajay : 18th July 2015 at 00:26.
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 06:15   #1026
BHPian

S cross seems to have everything that a maruti until now did not have. It's a small step up compared to the competition but a giant leap for the maruti_kind. I do felt the need for a slightly higher driving position especially when ambling around in town, but I felt anchored in that seat and it gave me a sense of stability. Had td ed the duster and ecosport. The Duster s front seat is a disaster for taller drivers IMO. My upper back would brush on the headrest. Ecosport seats were far better. Will have to checkout the crest but neither me nor my budget would find it appealing. Looks are bland but I 've driven the 2008 dztre for six years and getting used to the bland looks won't be an issue for me. For me the crest has the looks and high driving position in addition to six airbags. Nothing else in that package is tempting, not even after sales which is pathetic especially in the city I live.
Old 18th July 2015, 08:44   #1027
BHPian

HI All, Can anybody please confirm in which South Delhi Malls S-Cross is on display?.
Old 18th July 2015, 09:54   #1028
Distinguished - BHPian

Details of variant lists comes through Nexa!

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capture1.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capture.jpg

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-img20150718wa0018.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-img20150718wa0021.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th July 2015 at 10:12.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 10:22   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Details of variant lists comes through Nexa!

Attachment 1393243
Attachment 1393244

Attachment 1393245
Attachment 1393246
Hey that's an AT variant we see in the first picture you attached.

Is Maruti planning a surprise?!
pannags is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 10:24   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
HI All, Can anybody please confirm in which South Delhi Malls S-Cross is on display?.
Cyber HUb Gurgaon, from 17th to 19th.
Old 18th July 2015, 10:29   #1031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Hey that's an AT variant we see in the first picture you attached.
Is Maruti planning a surprise?!
Nope AT variant not at launch, as usual they send the Pic of the UK SX4 Cross variant!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 11:47   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Does a remap help improve both low end response and top power output? I guess the biggest benefit would be to not have to shift gears at low speeds
You can get it done as per your requirements. Yes, you can get it tuned for more driveability, makes sense if you are spending most of the time in city. I do not have much experience with a remapped diesel.

I got my Getz petrol remapped and the best part is the improvement in driveability. The top speed does not change, it is just that the vehicle reaches the speed faster and the vehicle has become more rev friendly.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 13:24   #1033
BHPian

Between the 1.3 Alpha and the 1.6 Alpha are there any differences in the feature set apart from the difference in the engine? I just want to get a confirmation that the feature set is exactly the same for both 1.3 Alpha and 1.6 Alpha. To be fair, I would expect the same for other scenarios as well. i.e. I would expect 1.3 Zeta = 1.6 Zeta except for the engine difference.

Of course we would have the price difference :-)
Old 18th July 2015, 13:33   #1034
BHPian

Came back from Royal Meenakshi Mall in Bannerghatta Road. SCross 1.3 DDIS is on display in its Metallic Brown avatar.

To say the least I am very impressed with the vehicle. Maruti with such fit and finish is really a dream. Personally I feel I have invested in the right vehicle unless the pricing makes me change my decision .

Noticed that the cubbyholes around spare tyre have decent depth and can be a good utility.

Relationship Manager is quite confident with the launch on July 25, 2015.
Old 18th July 2015, 13:35   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Between the 1.3 Alpha and the 1.6 Alpha are there any differences in the feature set apart from the difference in the engine? I just want to get a confirmation that the feature set is exactly the same for both 1.3 Alpha and 1.6 Alpha.
Feature wise 1.6 gets nothing extra compared to 1.3. Rather some features in 1.3 Zeta are extra than 1.6 Zeta. However, in the top of the line models - the features are the same.

Check the above post by Volkman10 for details
Abhi99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks