Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2015, 13:26   #1006
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post

The DDiS 200 is being displayed at the GVK mall Banjara Hills. RKS Saboo is the dealer.
Thanks Srimath. I'll be going there today itself. Shall check the car or today.
Old 17th July 2015, 16:00   #1007
BANNED

Re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

With Ertiga VDi priced at 8L and Ciaz Vdi at 8.25L ex-showroom Delhi, and considering the threat from Ecosport, Duster and Creta, my guess is that they will price SCross at 8L for base 1.3L Sigma.
Old 17th July 2015, 16:07   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, I haven't followed the discussion here.

To me, S-cross 1.3 doesn't seem to have any great advantages over Ciaz in terms of space and engine.

I am not convinced that Indians are willing to pay more than a City/Ciaz for what looks like a big hatch. (particularly for the puny 1.3L engine)

Can anyone tell me how would Maruti justify the higher price of the S-cross compared to the Ciaz (for the 1.3 MJD) ?

If this is priced close to the Creta, it is dead on arrival.
Old 17th July 2015, 16:21   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Can anyone tell me how would Maruti justify the higher price of the S-cross compared to the Ciaz (for the 1.3 MJD) ?
Uhh how about the fact that it is actually a crossover capable of tackling rough terrain? It is the same case with any manufacturer; their SUVs/Crossovers cost more than sedans simply because it costs more to manufacture despite the fact that they may not be better than a sedan in a few areas.

Typically a Crossover only holds the advantage of tackling bad roads and easy ingress/egress over its sedan counterpart with the sedan still holding its own in terms of ride quality, handling, leg room, features etc. However I believe the S-Cross makes an even stronger case for itself than most crossovers when compared to its sedan counterpart (the Ciaz) since it offers better build, better high speed stability, better handling, more features (HID headlamps in this price bracket are a first) and the practical advantages inherent to any crossover.
Old 17th July 2015, 18:56   #1010
Distinguished - BHPian

All Nexa dealers in Bangalore have received cars for display. Bimal has DDiS 200 - two cars (Granite Gray and Caffeine Brown) at their stock yard.

Contact your Relationship Managers and you can view the car at leisure and even can start it - BUT no TD will be given.

Guess the situation might be similar in all Nexa dealers across India.

Speculated pricing of this car could start at 7.99 lakhs

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th July 2015 at 18:57.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 19:21   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Thank you for the tip on the demo car, I know who to call next

Btw is there any indication on the 1.6 pricing as yet? Hyundai seems to be leaning towards optimistic pricing for Creta (Almost 17 OTR is what we hear), hopefully that doesnt make Maruti arrogantly price the 1.6's too.
Old 17th July 2015, 19:31   #1012
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Hyundai seems to be leaning towards optimistic pricing for Creta (Almost 17 OTR is what we hear), hopefully that doesnt make Maruti arrogantly price the 1.6's too.
That is what I am thinking too.

Seeing the 17L OTR pricing by Hyundai hope Maruti too does not price it similarly killing the SCross on its arrival. I feel Maruti will be pushing the DDiS 200 more than the DDiS 320.

Fingers crossed and I have a lot of hopes on the pricing and on the DDiS 320.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 19:31   #1013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Hyundai seems to be leaning towards optimistic pricing for Creta (Almost 17 OTR is what we hear), hopefully that doesnt make Maruti arrogantly price the 1.6's too.
This is also the fear I have. Pricing of S Cross is expected to undercut the upcoming launch from Hyundai. Hope the Hyundai speculated prices( ~17 L OTR) are not true
Hyundai's Pricing seen is highly speculative since NO dealer will have this sensitive information.

Maruti will price the DDiS200 to undercut (some variants) of the Pseudo Crosses and also dangerously close to Jazz i-Dtec.

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th July 2015 at 19:33.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 19:36   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
For the pre-booked lot, prospective buyers and anyone else interested and residing in North-West Bangalore:

The S-Cross is on display at The Orion Mall, Rajajinagar, from around 11.00am on Sat, the 18th, until 6.00pm on Sun, the 19th.

I guess this exhibit is shared between two Nexa dealers as the one I have booked with informed me that they are available on Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
It will also be on display at Forum Mall Koramangala 17-19 July as per information from Pratham Nexa
Just got an update from the Nexa relationship manager that the S-Cross will actually be displayed in Mantri Square Mall, Malleswaram, and not Orion Mall.

I was told they did not get permission to display it in Orion.
Old 17th July 2015, 19:47   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
All Nexa dealers in Bangalore have received cars for display. Bimal has DDiS 200 - two cars (Granite Gray and Caffeine Brown) at their stock yard.

Contact your Relationship Managers and you can view the car at leisure and even can start it - BUT no TD will be given.

Guess the situation might be similar in all Nexa dealers across India.

Essentially that will make the sigma(o) below 9 lakhs ex-showroom which translates to 10.5 lakhs OTR in Bangalore. Considering sigma(o) is significantly loaded with dual airbags, abs, all wheel disc breaks will be at pole position to steal eco sport buyers. Fingers crossed and hope Maruti slots at least first 3 variants of DDIS 200 below Ciaz VDI+. All eyes on the launch date which according to one of nexa sales person during last weekend promotion at Garuda is 24th July.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 20:08   #1016
BHPian

I got a chance to see this car today. It was displayed at Cyber City. While it does look expensive, nevertheless the exterior already looks kind of outdated/bland. Good news is that, it's the only complaint that I have from the vehicle.

Despite being 'bland', the projector headlamps, 205 tires (JK) do help the 'presence'. The car truly shines with the interior quality and space. Steering is small-ish, plastics are good, AVN looks okay.

It is a premium car when you sit inside.

Last thing I saw was Duster Adventure Edition. Creta notwithstanding, S-Cross itself can kill the duster. Duster feels rustic like Boleros compared to S-Cross or Creta.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 20:20   #1017
Team-BHP Support

I saw the car at Cyberhub too.

As expected it's not a looker but that's not a deal breaker for me. Only if it was a bit taller...
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 20:52   #1018
BHPian

Seems like the ddis 200 has the same gear stick and gear box as d Ciaz. (See the pics from Bangalore). Any idea about turbo in the 200? Is it fixed geometry or vgt? Seems like the 200 'll be tuned for drivability at lower revs. But the 0 to 100 timings of 13.3 vs 15 in d Ciaz in spite of higher kerb weight could indicate a fixed geometry turbo and the lag might be there.
Old 17th July 2015, 20:58   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Seems like the ddis 200 has the same gear stick and gear box as d Ciaz. (See the pics from Bangalore). Any idea about turbo in the 200? Is it fixed geometry or vgt? Seems like the 200 'll be tuned for drivability at lower revs. But the 0 to 100 timings of 13.3 vs 15 in d Ciaz in spite of higher kerb weight could indicate a fixed geometry turbo and the lag might be there.
The 1.3 MJD known as DDIS in Maruti comes in two guizes. FGT with 75 hp and a VGT with 90 hp. Both Ciaz and SCross have VGT.

BTW where did you get the 15 sec 0-100 timings for Ciaz from? I remember reading Autocar mentioning 0-100 timing of 12.9 seconds for Ciaz.

Last edited by vibbs : 17th July 2015 at 21:07.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 21:01   #1020
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Any idea about turbo in the 200? Is it fixed geometry or vgt?
The DDiS 200 engine that is being put is the same that does duty on Ciaz and Ertiga.

It is a 90PS VGT unit. To be frank I found it average in the Ertiga itself so not sure of SCross.

Last edited by a4anurag : 17th July 2015 at 21:02.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks