Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2015, 11:13   #1201
BHPian

Re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Your comments are in line with my point. Your experience with Nexa has been good so far. But you are not going to buy the car just because of that. You are evaluating the car for what it is, comparing with competition and then you will take an informed decision. Would this have changed if the car had been sold through regular Maruti dealers-I don't think so.
True ,but what can change my mind is the service centre experience post a purchase. If Nexa Service Centres are a notch above the normal Maruti Centres for servicing and repair, then this feel good factor translates into long term feeling.
Can somebody clarify if there will be separate Service Centers also.
Old 24th July 2015, 11:17   #1202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
True ,but what can change my mind is the service centre experience post a purchase. If Nexa Service Centres are a notch above the normal Maruti Centres for servicing and repair, then this feel good factor translates into long term feeling.
Can somebody clarify if there will be separate Service Centers also.
Well, that was one reason for my posts on Nexa. As I understand, there will not be any separate service centers. Servicing will need to be done at the regular centers. but the Relationship Manager assigned is expected to to be with you for the service process also and will take care of all things related to service. So I would assume a preferred treatment in the regular service centers.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 11:47   #1203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but the Relationship Manager assigned is expected to to be with you for the service process also and will take care of all things related to service.
A sales commission during the sales process is a big motivator. I am wondering what'll keep him interested when I take my car for servicing ? I hope it's not - "Sir, you should get the engine de-carbonised. It's needed for a premium car"
Old 24th July 2015, 11:48   #1204
Distinguished - BHPian

"An artistic and aerodynamic side"

"Polished and powerful front"

Who comes up with such crap? The looks obviously isn't the strong point. Why are they making such hyperbolic claims?
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 12:50   #1205
Distinguished - BHPian

Ahead of launch, official brochure is leaked,

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capture0.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capture.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capture1.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capture2.jpg

http://www.indianhoods.com/
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 13:26   #1206
BHPian

If one is not too fascinated with the HID projector headlamps + LED positioning lamps and Leather interiors, Zeta seems to be the version to go for - it has all necessary features + a lot of bells and whistles. Especially in the DDiS 200 - the Zeta gets Cruise Control + ACC+ Reverse Parking Camera which is absent in DDiS 320 Zeta. I can live without Auto headlamps and wipers any day.

If at all something is missing, it is the rear AC vents. I was someone who believed its not a very useful feature - but things do change, correct. I am not sure how the 6 airbags will be useful in India. A vast majority of the people do not wear seat-belts while in the rear bench and at those times, the airbags can be more dangerous IMO. So I do not really feel the 6 airbags is a real miss. For the safety conscious, who can always manage to convince the rear bench occupants to wear the seat-belts, Yes, it is a big miss.
Vigkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 17:18   #1207
BHPian

One wonders what made Suzuki stalwarts name the various models as Alpha, Beeta and in "engineering terms".
Reminds me of my Engineering days way back then and they were the most confusing thing for quite some time and to say now i find Zeeta better over Alpha seems kinda strange.
Will take some time getting used to.
Old 24th July 2015, 18:19   #1208
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
One wonders what made Suzuki stalwarts name the various models as Alpha, Beeta and in "engineering terms".
Reminds me of my Engineering days way back then and they were the most confusing thing for quite some time and to say now i find Zeeta better over Alpha seems kinda strange.
Will take some time getting used to.
+1 to that!
With the variants named Sigma, Delta, Zeta, Alpha, I keep correcting myself from thinking Alpha is the base variant and Zeta the top end variant

Last edited by NPV : 24th July 2015 at 18:33.
Old 24th July 2015, 18:29   #1209
Senior - BHPian

The 200 Alpha would make a lot of sense now. It has got everything from the 320 Alpha minus Engine and GB. If priced well, this would be the best model to go for if you are not too bothered about the 320nm torque
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 19:44   #1210
BHPian

Re: Upgrading within the stable to the S cross - A Dzire owner's perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Where is the nexa in kochi.

I too am having the same thoughts as you. the product is definitely good. but should you buy the 1.6 or the 1.3 is the question. The variant is definitely going to be alpha.
Nexa Kochi showroom is coming up in padivattom,most likely opening on 30th this month or the 3rd of Aug . At present the Nexa dealer is the Sai Service, their showroom is at Edapally. Heard that Popular is also in the queue for nexa dealership. You can contact Mr Arun who is an RM, Nexa Kochi. I ve PMed his mobile number.
Old 24th July 2015, 21:01   #1211
BHPian

Maruti should make the scross available in all showrooms like hyundai and other brands this is not strong enough a product like ecosport, when it was launched, to pull crowds to justify all that investment as well as make people search for one nexa showroom, in a few months those Nexa showroom Walas will be at the malls conducting events to push sales

Last edited by hubolt : 24th July 2015 at 21:03.
Old 24th July 2015, 22:08   #1212
BHPian

Today I got a confirmation from my RM that mine is 2nd booking in Mumbai!! Hence I would get the car allotted in the first lot, tentative delivery date being a week from the launch (Yay!). Now while I give my RM the necessary documents to get things moving and be ready to complete the process as soon as the prices are out, I am worried about the final figure Maruti would quote.

Having witnessed Hyundai announce these at least 1.5 L over the conservative estimates that were floating around for Creta, I can only keep my fingers crossed that Maruti do not follow the same.

That said time to start putting together the upgrade plan. So far I know that I would go for audio and tyre upgrades, I am thinking hard if I should the alloys as well. I really hope that Maruti does leave me with some elbow room for these upgrades and not price 1.6 Zeta north of 14 OTR (if Alpha is within 14.5, even better).
Old 24th July 2015, 22:31   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
That said time to start putting together the upgrade plan. So far I know that I would go for audio and tyre upgrades
Any idea of the size of front drivers in the s cross ?
Seems like its small, its definitely not 6 inches as in the swift.
May be 4.5 or 5 inches i think.
I think I should have an ICE plan
The shallow boot would require a compact sub and the amp will have to go under the front seat I suppose.

Tyres have to be upgraded but need not be upsized. Any one has any idea as to how much those JKs are going to fetch, if sold immediately after purchase? Upgrading to Bridgestone or Michelin will set me back by 35-38 K. Yoko A can be bought for 24-28 K i think.

Alloys - No plans as of now, budget constraints. Saw one of the photoshopped alloys for the s cross. I think multispoked alloys would make the wheels look quite puny, which could probably the reason why Maruti went for those hideous alloys.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 22:51   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Any idea of the size of front drivers in the s cross ?
Seems like its small, its definitely not 6 inches as in the swift.
May be 4.5 or 5 inches i think.
I think I should have an ICE plan
The shallow boot would require a compact sub and the amp will have to go under the front seat I suppose.

Tyres have to be upgraded but need not be upsized. Any one has any idea as to how much those JKs are going to fetch, if sold immediately after purchase? Upgrading to Bridgestone or Michelin will set me back by 35-38 K. Yoko A can be bought for 24-28 K i think.
I believe it should accomodate 6.5" drivers easy ( like swift does). I plan for a 3 way active set up and hence would have to anyways make some alterations on the piller. Push comes to shove, would shave off a little metal to accomodate the 6.5" drivers in the door, because they are essential in what i plan.

For tires, thanks to a Good friend i have 2 options -
1. Either upgrade 225/55R16 michelin for about 20k + JK's or 205/60R16+ JK's for 12-14K
2. Get the tyres free for exchange of wheels plus JK's and momo alloys for a good price
Abhi99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 23:54   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
While I like this car and the features in provides, not too convinced on the Nexa concept and the huge investment that is going into it. Ultimately the car on the road is a Maruti (Or Suzuki) and that's how it will be perceived by the regular car buying population. Selling it through a Nexa outlet will not erase the bias that majority have against premium Maruti Suzuki cars.

If they really wanted to stand out, I feel it would have been better if they spun off a Luxury brand itself (Like Toyota has the Lexus, Nissan has the Infiniti and Honda the Acura). That would have given the buyers the differentiation.

Appreciate the effort that is being put in. Hope I am proved wrong.
Yes and No!
NEXA (will work out well):
Maruti toying with new idea of separate showroom is actually good for their sales.
With too many cars in their band (it is really long!) displaying all of them will not be so easy (not sure how Hyundai is going to manage) with different set of customers for each variety.

Most of the Maruti showrooms do have only the budget (aka hot sellers) in their display. I walked into a big showroom in Chennai with my family to look and feel Ciaz/Ertiga, but they do have Altos/WagonRs/Swifts/Dzires in display but not Ciaz/Ertiga. Though you get to TD them experience of exploring them in show room is missed. Also it is not easy for the sales men to be spot on with all the cars, you need different skill sets to sell products in different brand.

On different branding:
I wonder if it will work out here. Datsun/Nissan definitely is not working out isn’t it? I wouldn’t even bother to check S-cross if it is not Maruti. Simple fact is, how many service centers will they have, after sales support may not be spot on? It will reduce the penetration as you get to question the credibility of after sale support which is Maruti’s strength. Probably they could help accepting vehicles for service them in one place, but then why different brands?

However, it is always difficult to gauge what market needs, if someone gets it correct first time, they are the Champions. If someone gets it correct next time, they are the Winners. If someone never gets it, they are hard core losers (We do have too many of them in Indian Automobile industry, isn't it?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks