Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2015, 02:34   #1036
BHPian

Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Mahindra TUV300 vs Ford EcoSport - Comparison Review | MotorBeam

kalleo4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 11:50   #1037
BHPian

Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Drove the T8 AMT (TD) yesterday @ NBS motors Andheri. I have to say, it was a very different experience esp after driving a Linea since past 6 years. By strange, i dont mean that there was anything wrong in the vehicle but after driving a manual car for so long, the 'tied-up' behavior of an automatic transmission does feel different. There is very little control in how the vehicle changes into gears. its like the car has a mind of its own. that being said, i guess this happens with all auto transmissions (driven the ecosport as well). the feel and feedback that one gets on a manual transmission is far different that auto, but thanks to the traffic conditions in Mumbai, i am forced to take the decision of switching to auto.
Now coming to the TUV itself. Having driven the manual earlier and the amt now, I feel that the amt does live up to its expectation. not sure on the fuel efficiency though. The gear changes/shifts feel very synchronous and i did not notice the gear changes except when you look at the instrument cluster to check which gear the car is in. there is a certain 'jerk' that is experienced during start/stop situations but I guess it has to do with the fact of getting used to an automatic car. the manual mode on the amt was also a different feel. Over revving seems different as compared to the petrol Ecosport. As I said, its like the car has a mind of its own so how much ever you over revv the car makes it own decision on the gear shifts. Due to this at times it felt like the car has shut/gone silent but it actually comes back to 'life' almost immediately. We were 5 of us in the car and the drive seems fine apart from a little body roll esp on turns. There were no slopes or steep inclines where i could check the engine/amt response but overall the ride was good. Hill assist is missing (present on XUV).
So now I need some feedback on whether I should go in for this car. I am fine with the looks and the interior of the TUV. Best thing I like is the driving position and the airy feel of the cabin due to the high seating with huge windows.
But from a more technical perspective wrt engine performance, capacity etc and reading varying feedback from multiple members, would it be a wise decision? Thinking!
cmayur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 16:05   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Choosing colors is really difficult for this SUV. Incidentally I was contemplating between white, black or silver. I haven't seen Orange and green in flesh, must be good looking. I somehow dont like flashy colors on XUV but this being much smaller size can carry sporty colors.
Hi, there is no green option. the 6 available colors are red, orange, blue, white, silver, black.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th October 2015 at 07:10. Reason: Fixed broken quote tags.
Old 5th October 2015, 17:29   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayur View Post
Hi, there is no green option. the 6 available colors are red, orange, blue, white, silver, black.

I did enquire for Green and was told that it will be done based on the order. Not too sure how genuine the information is as it was told to me by a salesperson.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th October 2015 at 07:11. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 5th October 2015, 17:33   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
I did enquire for Green and was told that it will be done based on the order. Not too sure how genuine the information is as it was told to me by a salesperson.
Green is an optional color, it was told during the launch of this car. Your salesperson is right, but make sure you take it in writing, so that last moment he should not come back and say it is not available.
Old 5th October 2015, 17:39   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Green is a 'made to order' shade I believe and was seen decked up with various accessories during the media drives recently.

Edit : See that Fusionbang has already clarified this. The Green looks on the car are more bottle green like (something similar to what was on the earlier Gen XUV500)

Last edited by uday.ere : 5th October 2015 at 17:41.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 17:44   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just wanted to add that the TUV300 has a taller tyre sidewall than even the Scorpio! Honestly, on a body-on-frame SUV, I prefer it this way as it leads to a noticeable improvement in ride quality. They are also very popular in the offroad community as the potential of wheel damage is lesser (due to more cushioning).

IMHO, SUVs look great with smaller wheels + tall tyres. That's one of the reasons I haven't upgraded my Jeep's 15" rims. In my recent tyre change, I opted for tyres that have an even taller sidewall than what she was running earlier.

Here's a wicked example of small wheels + tall tyres:
Attachment 1420609
Source

I'm never going to own a Fortuner, but if I would, the first thing I'd do is get smaller 15" rims with tall tyres.

Obviously, these are extreme examples, yet I can assure you similar thought has gone behind the TUV300's tyre & wheel size. On body-on-frame SUVs, a tall sidewall + small wheel is preferred over short sidewalls + big rims.
Exactly my point. I hate the new generation Scorpio tyre size. 17"! Not even option of 16" rim swap from dealership. 265/65 R17 is the first size in 17" for any SUV. Anyways, I think its the public perception behind this "feature".
Old 6th October 2015, 19:17   #1043
BHPian

Not seeing any TUV on road (other than test drive vehicles). Has anyone got confirmed delivery date for TUV?
I am still eagerly waiting for the official team bhp review.
Only post that will be able to take a call on whether to go for new tuv or not.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2015 at 07:30. Reason: Punctuation, smileys
Old 7th October 2015, 02:09   #1044
BHPian

For me it's also coming down to how much one can enhance rear seat comfort over and above what the stock TUV 300 option has to offer. It's a pity that they don't have reclining seats and apparently the under thigh support is not much to write home about.

I wonder if team bhp has any tips on improving rear seats in general including under thigh seat size, padding, adding arm rests, coffee/mug slots etc?

I looked up the modifications and accessories thread here.

Closest I could fine is a Stanley and other leather seat brands thread, but it's not exactly all that I'm looking for. Will keep searching. Perhaps I'll have to look at each rear seat modification separately to get the full picture,

Last edited by C'estlavie : 7th October 2015 at 02:10.
Old 7th October 2015, 06:48   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post

I wonder if team bhp has any tips on improving rear seats in general including under thigh seat size, padding, adding arm rests, coffee/mug slots etc?

Closest I could fine is a Stanley and other leather seat brands thread, but it's not exactly all that I'm looking for. Will keep searching. Perhaps I'll have to look at each rear seat modification separately to get the full picture,
Remove the jump seats and recline the backseat a little by welding /other adjustments. And every thing else is possible too. You'd have to hunt around for the accessories and find competent people to do the job. Every modification you mentioned has been carried out by members on the forum. Some as DIY. You'll have to search the forum and look up what you want.

I remember seeing a quanto owner removing the back seats and reclining the rear seats by about 2 inches just by adjusting a nut at my FNG.
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 08:51   #1046
BHPian

In case the subscribers of this thread haven't noticed, Mahindra's just relaunched Scorpio AT... the real SUV (real as compared to other recent monocoques, more plastic/chrome and less metal launches).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165555

So if you are still stuck up between a 3pot versus a 4pot or say if you do not want to be the first among the newly introduced car buyers for whatever reasons, there is an option available!

Oh yeah and scorpio AT is not an AMT if that is something bothering you!

Last edited by Eddy : 7th October 2015 at 08:54. Reason: Please post in English only.
Old 7th October 2015, 11:08   #1047
BHPian

Folks really need your suggestions :

I have booked TUV 300 T8 Black to be delivered on 18th Oct. Today Ford has announced Ecosport refesh with a lot of features in the Trend+ and Titanium variant, Now i am really confused.

Please help me decide
Old 7th October 2015, 11:28   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
Folks really need your suggestions :

I have booked TUV 300 T8 Black to be delivered on 18th Oct. Today Ford has announced Ecosport refesh with a lot of features in the Trend+ and Titanium variant, Now i am really confused.

Please help me decide
I believe TUV is a different class all together. If you are looking for those smooth edges, and less of inside space, then it should be Ecosport. TUV gives you a strong road presence, SUV feel and more over it is very comfortable to drive!
Old 7th October 2015, 11:42   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
I believe TUV is a different class all together. If you are looking for those smooth edges, and less of inside space, then it should be Ecosport. TUV gives you a strong road presence, SUV feel and more over it is very comfortable to drive!
I totally agree to both being leagues apart, however my daily run is 100 kms and plan to keep the vehicle till about 1.25 lakh kms. i dont want a frequent visitor to the service station. Just hope that Mahindra has made TUV niggle free.
Old 7th October 2015, 11:45   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
For me it's also coming down to how much one can enhance rear seat comfort over and above what the stock TUV 300 option has to offer. It's a pity that they don't have reclining seats and apparently the under thigh support is not much to write home about.

I also had these apprehensions, but upon checking in Delhi market i found that the solution to Recline and adding under-thigh support is an expense of only 5k. You can even install bucket seats for around 10k.
nishant kar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks