Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2018, 15:26   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
530i also seems to be end of production cycle.
Surprising to see that the 530i hasn't clicked. If i were in the market, I would probably get the petrol version instead of the diesel. The trend favouring petrols that we see across lower segments don't seem to apply in the luxury segment.
Old 16th May 2018, 17:05   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Surprising to see that the 530i hasn't clicked. If i were in the market, I would probably get the petrol version instead of the diesel. The trend favouring petrols that we see across lower segments don't seem to apply in the luxury segment.
I agree!

I think the problem with the 530i was that it wasn't specced well which is important for the customer willing to sacrifice fuel economy for power / refinement etc.

I know a couple of people who didn't want the basic 530i because it missed out on some goodies.

BMW should've ideally launched the 520i for the mass market, and kept the 530i in a higher trim. Discontinuing the 530i will just reduce their market share especially with all the diesel controversy going around.
Old 17th May 2018, 00:32   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
BMW should've ideally launched the 520i for the mass market, and kept the 530i in a higher trim. Discontinuing the 530i will just reduce their market share especially with all the diesel controversy going around.

BMW India should also consider bringing the 540i (the 740Li uses the same engine) to our market. It would really be a very good option for enthusiasts (turbocharged straight six petrol) and also serve as a proper petrol alternative to the top spec 530d. While comparisons between the 540i (if launched) and the M5 would be inevitable, the former would be way easier to live with on a day to day basis vis-à-vis the aggressive M5.

Last edited by petroguzzler : 17th May 2018 at 00:41.
petroguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 14:43   #79
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Coming to X5 in question, let me check on discount, if 20-21 is indeed true then will trade in my 2 year old X5 DPE for a X5 Msport
My brother's friend in Noida is picking up 4 X5's in his company name and has been offered 25L discount on each. Landed cost is around 67L on road for M sport variant. All of these are MY2017. Do check with the dealer on what's available.

VSD
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 17:15   #80
BHPian

New-Generation BMW X5 to debut later this year and India can expect the new generation BMW X5 by mid-2019.

At the recently concluded 98th Annual General Meeting of BMW AG, the company chairman confirmed that the successor to the popular BMW X5 is definitely coming in 2018, most likely by the end of this year.

Harald Kruger, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG said, "As I can reveal exclusively today, later this year, a successor to the X5."

Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh-2019bmwx5_827x510_81522826235.jpg

Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh-2019bmwx5_827x510_81522825631.jpg
Link
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 09:09   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
Do check with the dealer on what's available.
Just to add, inquired at Bird, their stock of 2017 has vaporized.
However a strong bargain may fetch a resonable discount but it will not be close to 20L.

Cheers
Sail

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 23rd May 2018 at 10:24. Reason: fixing quote
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:02   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My brother's friend in Noida is picking up 4 X5's in his company name and has been offered 25L discount on each. Landed cost is around 67L on road for M sport variant. All of these are MY2017. Do check with the dealer on what's available.

VSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
[QUOTE Do check with the dealer on what's available.

Just to add, inquired at Bird, their stock of 2017 has vaporized.

However a strong bargain may fetch a resonable discount but it will not be close to 20L.
I don't think 25 Lac was on offer at any time, there were a couple of units - White & Carbon Black both with Beige interiors on offer at around 64-65 Lac ex-showroom. Remember, they have increased prices in April from 79 to 82 so technically it's 15 Lac discount on the last year product as per old lists.

If anyone has got a better deal, perhaps lucky or maybe someone has just assumed that they will get better prices when its time to sign the cheque
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 18:20   #83
BHPian

Quote:

VSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don't think 25 Lac was on offer at any time, there were a couple of units - White & Carbon Black both with Beige interiors on offer at around 64-65 Lac ex-showroom. Remember, they have increased prices in April from 79 to 82 so technically it's 15 Lac discount on the last year product as per old lists.

If anyone has got a better deal, perhaps lucky or maybe someone has just assumed that they will get better prices when its time to sign the cheque
Checked with BMW India, they denied having offered any such discount in fact there are hardly any F15s in stock for anyone to negotiate anything even close to it. With Vikram Pahwa at helm of BMW there are strict policies on discounting in fact they are trying to "price right product first time" and planning to get completely away from discounting in next sometime.

VSD, I am very keen to upgrade to X5 Msport at a price point near what you mentioned. Can you PM me your friends contact or can you connect me with him? Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd May 2018, 19:32   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
With Vikram Pahwa at helm of BMW there are strict policies on discounting in fact they are trying to "price right product first time" and planning to get completely away from discounting in next sometime.
I doubt this can happen, the new 5 & 6 series were launched by him and both are being discounted. E Class still has a waiting and/ or Zero Discounts. BMW India is doing everything that someone does when following a leader, they need to come out of this thought process and behave like a leader. At the same time, I find the quality of BMW Service and the experiences getting worst. I will rate Maruti sales and service experience of my Gypsy better than my recent experiences with BMW dealerships.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 20:09   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I doubt this can happen, the new 5 & 6 series were launched by him and both are being discounted. E Class still has a waiting and/ or Zero Discounts. BMW India is doing everything that someone does when following a leader, they need to come out of this thought process and behave like a leader. At the same time, I find the quality of BMW Service and the experiences getting worst. I will rate Maruti sales and service experience of my Gypsy better than my recent experiences with BMW dealerships.
5 was priced and launched before him. I don’t have any official word, it’s my personal observation as a motoring enthusiast based on observations and input.

I agree that service experience should be similar but in my last 6 years of various ownership I have found BMW dealers to be top notch. Never had any significant issue at all, I have found service a notch better than my other ownership experiences. But yes, they are slow to straight away replace parts in warranty, tests take forever.

Having said that I have experienced their service/support in US also. I feel they (India dealers) should aspire to take it to next level. In fact it is a combination of dealer as well BMW India support extended to them.
Old 23rd May 2018, 20:49   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
5 was priced and launched before him. I don’t have any official word, it’s my personal observation as a motoring enthusiast based on observations and input.

I agree that service experience should be similar but in my last 6 years of various ownership I have found BMW dealers to be top notch. Never had any significant issue at all, I have found service a notch better than my other ownership experiences. But yes, they are slow to straight away replace parts in warranty, tests take forever.
Looks like you have forgotten:

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2018 at 19:54. Reason: Typo.
Old 23rd May 2018, 21:05   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Looks you have forgotten
===
And this recent tweet or am I confusing with someone with your name?

You are a famous guy, dealers are afraid of you probably
Is this tweet related to service issue? Yes there was issue with exchange bonus but they promptly acted on feedback and resolved. Isn't that a display of good customer centricity? Though I am not sure what you are trying to prove here. Yes, I am an aware customer with global experience and I demand same experience irrespective of my current location so if dealer feel afraid so be it. I never shy away from either a tough feedback or a a note of appreciation based on my experience.

I think each of us must give a fair feedback on our experience to our choice of dealer/brand so that they can get better. I believe in being loyal but not a blind fanboy, there is a difference if you understand.

I continue to enjoy my A6 3.0 Quattro as daily drive because it gives immense torque from V6 to all 4 wheels and that also in a sedan! Will I sell it just for my love for BMW? No! But would I prefer a BMW with same config? Say a 740/750 with x drive or 530d with x...Yes I will, because in spite of great car, my experience with Audi continues to be sub optimal.

Regarding the video, Vikram may have done a formal launch but I experienced the car in late Jan/early Feb 2017 during India Art Fair and at that time the pricing was almost closed. Again, I am not sure what point you are trying to prove here. I already mentioned to you that this is my assessment of BMW strategy, may not be true! But again I may know a thing or two of what I am talking based on my background of 2 MBAs from different leading business school and as a Wharton major in corporate strategy.

Lets not get personal Turbanator, we both have our point of view and our experiences and we both are entitled to our opinion. Trust this puts our debate to rest and lets enjoy our rides and brands.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th May 2018 at 13:17. Reason: Removing Youtube link from Quotes, affect readability. Thanks.
Old 12th July 2018, 14:23   #88
BHPian

Which X5 2018 or 2019?Consider GLE?

Hi guys,
Should I get the current generation X5 with all the discounts etc or should I wait for the new one in 2019?
Also when is the new X5 coming to India?
My points are:
1. Resale value after 4 years.
2. Is the M Kit version worth it?
3. Cannot go over a budget of 75.
4. GLE should be considered?
5. Should Demo models be considered or is it better to stay away from them?
Thanks in advance guys.
Old 12th July 2018, 15:20   #89
BHPian

I don't think you will be able to get the new gem X5 at 75 lakh on road. In that case the current version makes sense. Do note both the GLE and X5 are due for a facelift and the resale value after 4 years will not be great. I personally would like to get a fresh model if spending so much. I believe at the moment you should look at the Volvo SUVs XC90 and XC60 both are great cars and should be around relatively unchanged for a few years. Another car is the Jaguar F pace which after the CKD operations falls comfortably in your budget.

If you are keen on a BMW you should also check out the new X3. New X3 vs old X5 is primarily dependent on the discount you get and whether you prefer latest gadgets and fresher mode or a bigger spacious car with a better engine. Hope this helps.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 14:40   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Hi guys,
Should I get the current generation X5 with all the discounts etc or should I wait for the new one in 2019?
Also when is the new X5 coming to India?
My points are:
1. Resale value after 4 years.
2. Is the M Kit version worth it?
3. Cannot go over a budget of 75.
4. GLE should be considered?
5. Should Demo models be considered or is it better to stay away from them?
Thanks in advance guys.
What is the discount being offered to you on the current car?

1. Resale Value will take a hit any ways. But I think the discount will well offset the hit compared to the newer model. The way I see it, when selling the car after 4 years - a newer model will command around 5L premium over the older model after 4 years.
Either ways, Germans depreciate heavily in the market and for the new X5 to start with heavy discounts will be at least 1.5 years away (December end 2019 / Jan 2020).

2. I don't see the value in it for daily driving. However, if you do drive - the M Kit with it's stiffer suspension should be more enjoyable. If you're driven than the DPE should suffice.

3. For your budget, the new X5 will definitely be more expensive. I don't expect them to reduce the pricing for the new X5 when it does come given the pricing of the GLE, Q7, and other competitors.

4. I really like the GLE too. It's still a proper solid mercedes. If you're driving the X5 is better, otherwise for being driven around - the GLE. I am guessing only the GLE 250 would be within your budget? If so I'd pick the X5 with it's air suspension, 3.0L engine, better sound system, etc.

5. Honestly, if there is a big difference in pricing then the demo vehicle with BSI + extended warranty makes sense provided you get it at a good price (combined cost should be significantly cheaper than a new X5). Otherwise I'd stay away as these cars would be abused, and abused Germans do have problems (multiple shorter trips with higher revving, going into bumps, etc.).

The new X5 should be here mid-next year according to reports. It will have much nicer interiors though expect performance to be similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I don't think you will be able to get the new gem X5 at 75 lakh on road. In that case the current version makes sense. Do note both the GLE and X5 are due for a facelift and the resale value after 4 years will not be great. I personally would like to get a fresh model if spending so much. I believe at the moment you should look at the Volvo SUVs XC90 and XC60 both are great cars and should be around relatively unchanged for a few years. Another car is the Jaguar F pace which after the CKD operations falls comfortably in your budget.
Can't agree more, especially if you're looking at a long term buy within the same segment. However, if you're comparing a discounted higher segment car to a newer lower segment car it does make you think a bit!

I too am in a similar boat, but the more spacious and comfortable X5/GLE does make sense over a smaller, less powerful X3/GLC. The way I see it, for the price of the new X3 + 10/12L - I get similar features, better engine, more space, etc. but lose out on the new design + interiors (the former not being a big deal but the latter is). It's all about what you want from the car & the usage.
If you're a back seat person like my father - I'd pick the current X5 at a discount because he won't enjoy the nicer dash. If you drive, then the newer fresher model may be more appealing because of the nicer ambience.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks