Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 10:26   #676
BNM
BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

I really hope Hyundai releases the automatic transmission in the top end diesel version SX(O) with all the bells and whistles. For far their premier offerings - both the Santa Fe and Elantra have been offered with the Automatic having all the safety/convenience features. The price difference between the SX(O) manual and the SX(O) AT versions in the Elantra is around 1.2 lacs. Going through several comments earlier in this thread, I think a lot of potential buyers may be ready to shell out this 1 lac extra if Hyundai offers a SX(O) with AT. Hyundai
Old 29th June 2015, 10:29   #677
BHPian

Shock and Awe product from Hyundai.
Awe given the number of features they've loaded the car with and the well rounded product all reviewers are crediting it to be including ride & handling.
Shock as there's no automatic option for top end diesel. Why would Hyundai not want AT customers to have the option of enhanced safety features beats me and is a mistake in my opinion. Does the petrol top trim get an AT?
Hope Hyundai takes prospective customers feedback and bolsters it's product mix.
Old 29th June 2015, 10:50   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epuneet View Post
Shock and Awe product from Hyundai.
Awe given the number of features they've loaded the car with and the well rounded product all reviewers are crediting it to be including ride & handling.
Shock as there's no automatic option for top end diesel. Why would Hyundai not want AT customers to have the option of enhanced safety features beats me and is a mistake in my opinion. Does the petrol top trim get an AT?
Hope Hyundai takes prospective customers feedback and bolsters it's product mix.
I guess you have mistaken, as per the news there is automatic option on the top end 1.6L diesel and news is that it is not much fun to drive. Check this link

http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/first-d...i-creta-775976
Old 29th June 2015, 11:43   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

Everything looking superb (so far) except for the dreaded Hyundai ride and handling aspect. None of the first drive reports mention anything very positive on this angle. Feelings are strictly neutral!

The general opinion seems to be that low speed ride is good but not at higher speeds. NDTV Auto also clearly states that the steering was lifeless and too light.

Hope this is not the case! Just to compare, the Duster/Terrano has a ride quality better than anything less than 30L+. THAT is a very high target to reach!

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th June 2015 at 11:56. Reason: Grammar
Old 29th June 2015, 12:16   #680
BHPian

Friends, I feel we should appreciate Hyundai for providing Creta with the 6-speed AT from Elantra rather than blaming them for not giving it in SX(O) variant. I mean, it is such a difficult task to satisfy the bunch of people here, isn't it

If a manufacturer provides AT only in top variant - We say, what if I do not want all the non-sense additions a top variant is giving. What if I want only the convenience of AT and no other feature - give AT with safety features in lower ends also. Honda City was one such car where some people did not like the SV variant and did not want the VX as it was over-loaded. V was the perfect mix for many and V AT was not provided and many complained.

If a manufacturer does not provide AT in top variant - We say, I want all the bells and whistles in the AT variant. It is such a bummer they are not giving such beautiful features in the AT variant. If I can spend 14 L for the AT, I can very well spend 1 L more to get the top variant - only if it has AT box. Honda Jazz is another car along with Creta where AT is provided in top but one variant. Both of them are getting a lot of flak for the same. I am sure Honda was trying to correct itself from the City feedback

The fact is we have people with all sorts of preferences here and unfortunately due to the evolving nature of the AT market, manufacturers are not able to provide AT in all variants. They have to choose 1 or 2 variants to offer them and it is done based on extensive research and forecasts.

Let us wait for some more time and who knows, Hyundai might give us a SX(O) AT just like Maruti gave the Celerio AMT ZXi some days after launch.
Vigkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 12:24   #681
BHPian

Vigkey>No one is blaming Hyundai for providing AT in SX variant. Its definitely a welcome move. Issue here is it is provided ONLY in SX variant. Team members are asking why not in SX(O) as well.
NaveenKD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 12:28   #682
BHPian

As per IAB report, bookings for Hyundai Creta have unofficially opened. The booking amount varies between INR 25,000 to INR 40,000 depending on the region.

HMIL spokesperson told Indian Autos Blog that the company was yet to officially start accepting bookings for the car though.
Old 29th June 2015, 12:28   #683
BHPian

Exactly... Look at VW, they provide the DSG in both CL & HL. Also Hyundai have always provided good auto options even in their small cars so their recent reluctance towards autos is really puzzling especially with the AT market growing by the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
Vigkey>No one is blaming Hyundai for providing AT in SX variant. Its definitely a welcome move. Issue here is it is provided ONLY in SX variant. Team members are asking why not in SX(O) as well.
We must remember the i20 elite and active both don't have an AT option yet and its been almost a year.

I think Hyundai is sadly becoming another MS and it has "got" the generic Indian buyer who would rather have a touch screen HU than a passenger airbag. This whole business of "driver airbag" only is another madness I just don't understand!

Last edited by Bhodrolok : 29th June 2015 at 12:29. Reason: typo
Old 29th June 2015, 12:39   #684
BHPian

Folks, I need some help here. After much speculation and thinking, I have finalised to go for the Ecosport Titanium (O) TDCi. I need this as a secondary car, which will be used mostly in the narrow lanes of the city and twice a week 100km highway runs. I started with an elite I20 and upgraded to Ecosport after its test drive mainly because of the versatility of this car. Now with the launch of Hyundai Creta nearing I am getting double minded, should I wait for it or not? I cannot extend my budget beyond this price point.

Mods, please excuse if I am posting this at the wrong place.

Last edited by shreyak_ss : 29th June 2015 at 12:57.
Old 29th June 2015, 12:47   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Folks, I need some help here. After much speculation and thinking, I have finalised to go for the Ecosport Titanium (O) TDCi. I need this as a secondary car, which will be used mostly in the narrow lanes of the city and twice a week 100km highway runs. I started with an elite I20 and upgraded to Ecosport after its test drive mainly because of the versatility of this car. Now with the launch of Hyundai Creta nearing I am getting double minded, should I wait for it or not? I cannot extend my budget beyond this price point.
Since this is your secondary car, i guess you can afford to wait ? Its almost here and i believe you will be able to pick the SX variant of 1.4 diesel (if there is one) or S variant of 1.6 for around ~ 11.5L (with 2 airbags), im only assuming this as car beyond 11L might offer 2 airbags atleast, only way to know for sure is to wait. All the best.
autohead115 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 13:00   #686
BHPian

Quote:

Mods, please excuse if I am posting this at the wrong place.
I have exactly the same requirements. Started with booking the Ecosport. Waited for 10 months and was fed up by the ford dealers attitude. Went ahead and booked the i20 as soon as it was announced had a look and decided will wait for the jazz. Now with the jazz and Creta being launched this month am confused which one should I go for. Don't want to spend too much as there is already a fortuner at home. This car will replace the Wagon R for my son and will not see long highway drives or extreme off roading.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 13:09   #687
BHPian

Quote:
I started with an elite I20 and upgraded to Ecosport after its test drive mainly because of the versatility of this car.
In my opinion you have downgraded to Ecosport because the Elite is far more refined & more VFM than Ecosport. Other than being tall & having more GC & boot, the Ecosport doesn't offer much over the Elite. The Creta belongs to a different class & budget altogether unlike Ecosport which is just a tall hatch with a spare wheel on the back door! So I think you should stick to the Elite for your second car.
CarNerd is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 13:22   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
In my opinion you have downgraded to Ecosport because the Elite is far more refined & more VFM than Ecosport. Other than being tall & having more GC & boot, the Ecosport doesn't offer much over the Elite. The Creta belongs to a different class & budget altogether unlike Ecosport which is just a tall hatch with a spare wheel on the back door! So I think you should stick to the Elite for your second car.
Elite was ruled out due to its low sitting position, loud engine noise (as compared to the Ecosport) and with a Grand i10 at home, we found it quite similar in feel and features(just my personal opinion) Thanks anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I have exactly the same requirements. Started with booking the Ecosport. Waited for 10 months and was fed up by the ford dealers attitude. Went ahead and booked the i20 as soon as it was announced had a look and decided will wait for the jazz. Now with the jazz and Creta being launched this month am confused which one should I go for. Don't want to spend too much as there is already a fortuner at home. This car will replace the Wagon R for my son and will not see long highway drives or extreme off roading.
Good to find someone from my own city! Sir, currently the local dealer has 4-5 Ecosport Titanium (O) in stock. I didn't want to go for jazz or i20 because I needed something with good GC and high seating position. It is the Creta that is stopping me from picking up an Ecosport.

Any info on the pricing of the Creta? Is it going to be, by any chance, be priced at par with the Ecosport?
Old 29th June 2015, 13:23   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Why not the i20 Crossover? Sounds ideal for you.

Just passed a Renault showroom. Not one customer around. Salespeople looking pretty jobless. They had better have their plans ready!

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th June 2015 at 13:27. Reason: Addition
Old 29th June 2015, 13:28   #690
BHPian

Review on Interiors and special mentioning by Economic times courtsey indianautosblog, sounds great and wish to be true!

Quote:
The interior of the Creta is everything one would expect in a modern Hyundai - Solid build quality, well executed design and layout, and a spacious, feature-packed cabin.

On the Creta though, Hyundai have taken their premium interior a step above. For example, the doors have a solid VW-like feel when you open and shut them.

Further, the door pads on the top-end Creta SX (O) are lined with leather with contrast white stitching, what is normally seen on a luxury brand.

The view from the driver's seat is what one would expect from a compact SUV: neither do you get the feeling of sitting two storeys high, nor a hatchback, it's perfectly in-between.

The rear bench is one of the wider ones in this segment, and can accommodate three with reasonable comfort.

It is worthy to note that the Creta comes with a full-sized alloy spare wheel.

Even the steering feel, which is a downer on Hyundai products, appears decent on the Creta and is miles ahead of the Verna.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/47859815.cms
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks